Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you envision yourself at goal?

A goal;

is a desired result a person envisions, plans and commits to achieve a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite

I have 29 pounds to go to be at "goal" this number will mean I succeeded at something that I have been used to failing at over and and over again.

I'm doing it, but still have a hard time "seeing it"

I have envisioned myself and even reached my goals before, but what I would like to do more than to simply reach my gol but to stay at my goal due to healthy behaviors!

A goal;

is a desired result a person envisions, plans and commits to achieve a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite

I have 29 pounds to go to be at "goal" this number will mean I succeeded at something that I have been used to failing at over and and over again.

I'm doing it, but still have a hard time "seeing it"

As far as my weight loss goal, I can't really envision it. Maybe because my weight goal is less than I can ever recall weighing. Other goals, I seem to find easier envisioning...running a 5k, having defined muscles in my arms...those don't seem as far fetched, for some reason.

~Kat

I can see myself at goal. I know I will get there...Although I almost saw myself with Sonic Cinnasnacks about an hour ago...I ordered an unsweet tea and thought, those look good...ordered some of them too...then I looked up the calorie info while I waited. 600 calories for the 3 piece :blink: The homeless guy at the corner was excited when I pulled up and gave them to him though, still hot! Got my karma for the day and I can STILL see myself making goal :rolleyes: sorry to hijack your post :P

I'm having a hard time seeing myself 90 lbs lighter, let alone at my goal. I hope my brain catches up with my body soon. It will be a joyous day!

I have envisioned myself and even reached my goals before' date=' but what I would like to do more than to simply reach my gol but to stay at my goal due to healthy behaviors![/quote']

Staying at goal is a concept even harder for me to envision...

As far as my weight loss goal' date=' I can't really envision it. Maybe because my weight goal is less than I can ever recall weighing. Other goals, I seem to find easier envisioning...running a 5k, having defined muscles in my arms...those don't seem as far fetched, for some reason.

~Kat[/quote']

Yes when I made the number it was just a number that "sounded" good.

I can see myself at goal. I know I will get there...Although I almost saw myself with Sonic Cinnasnacks about an hour ago...I ordered an unsweet tea and thought' date=' those look good...ordered some of them too...then I looked up the calorie info while I waited. 600 calories for the 3 piece :blink: The homeless guy at the corner was excited when I pulled up and gave them to him though, still hot! Got my karma for the day and I can STILL see myself making goal :rolleyes: sorry to hijack your post :P[/quote']

Not a hijack! I very real truth :)

I'm having a hard time seeing myself 90 lbs lighter' date=' let alone at my goal. I hope my brain catches up with my body soon. It will be a joyous day![/quote']

Yes I'm having the same problem envisioning what I have already accomplished!

50/50.

Part of me doesn't believe there's only 28 lbs left to goal. The other half of me is like "psssh I'm so getting there already". I dunno.

It's really hard to actually envision a healthy toned happy Amy.

J still see myself now as preop amy. This was right after surgery. So lumpy and bumpy. Blah.

It's the best fatty pic I have. The camera makes me look thinner but I remember how disgusting I felt that day. :(

post-27342-1381366741587_thumb.jpg

post-27342-13813667442897_thumb.jpg

post-27342-13813667443368_thumb.jpg

My dad asked me the other day if I feel different. I do but I don't. I see myself smaller but not 90 pounds smaller. I have 40 pounds to goal. 6 more until I'm under 200. I'm 5'9. I've never been this small as an adult. I can't envision myself at goal at all. I can't even see me now! It's so weird. 6 more pounds and I will be considered overweight not obese. I still feel super obese even when I look at pictures of myself. I really hope I don't see myself like this when I'm at a normal weight!

No, I can't. I try to imagine it, but it seems so far off. I'm 10 weeks out and have 68 pounds to go.

50/50.

Part of me doesn't believe there's only 28 lbs left to goal. The other half of me is like "psssh I'm so getting there already". I dunno.

It's really hard to actually envision a healthy toned happy Amy.

J still see myself now as preop amy. This was right after surgery. So lumpy and bumpy. Blah.

It's the best fatty pic I have. The camera makes me look thinner but I remember how disgusting I felt that day. :(

Look at you Amy you've passed me up! And you were stressing about your slow weight loss!

You will be at goal and running a marathon :)

My dad asked me the other day if I feel different. I do but I don't. I see myself smaller but not 90 pounds smaller. I have 40 pounds to goal. 6 more until I'm under 200. I'm 5'9. I've never been this small as an adult. I can't envision myself at goal at all. I can't even see me now! It's so weird. 6 more pounds and I will be considered overweight not obese. I still feel super obese even when I look at pictures of myself. I really hope I don't see myself like this when I'm at a normal weight!

I sometimes see glimpses of someone different. this close to goal and I still can't fully grasp it as a smaller healthier Laura.

Perhaps when I hit 15 pounds till goal?

I try really hard to see me at goal. Before surgery, when people who have already undergone weight loss surgery told me this is just as much mental as it is physical - I didn't not believe them, but I blew it off. Now that I'm a few days over four months out & 85.5 pounds down - I see myself as gross, probably now so even more than ever. I feel guilty eating things like low fat, low cal, low carb dressings because I feel like that was one of my issues before surgery (except that nothing before surgery was low fat, low cal, low carb). I'm 5'9" - I still have 70 pounds to go to get to my* goal weight of 170, my MD wants me at 152. I have a hard time seeing me at either of these goals. I think daily, is it really possible for me to get to either of these? I think for this reason, stalls trip me out because I want to continue losing. I still go to the store & buy clothes at pre-surgery size (3-4x) because my mind hasn't come to grips with my physical changes yet. I fit comfortably into L-XL shirts now. Hope goal is possible for me. Working hard everyday, and haven't cheated no bread, Pasta, rice, fattening Condiments, soft drinks, alcohol, fast food, nothing. I don't miss it really (except for alcohol lol) I am happy I'm seeing results, but am not yet where I want to be.

No' date=' I can't. I try to imagine it, but it seems so far off. I'm 10 weeks out and have 68 pounds to go.[/quote']

I looked at your ticker, you are making great progress!

It looks like we needed to lose about the same amount of weight (almost I'm bad at math) from start to finish.

I need to start seeing that picture (goal). Right now it is like I am looking at puzzle pieces to the picture.... Thanks for making me think and get the new picture of me (at goal) in my head!!!! Woohoo!!!! One day I will be there!!!

Note: even though I am not sure really what my goal should be, I just picked a number. ????

Note: even though I am not sure really what my goal should be' date=' I just picked a number. ????[/quote']

Hehehe. That's what I did. Just picked a number not really putting my full belief into it really being possible :)

My surgeon says his goal for me is 180. I weigh 189 as of this morning. My own goal is 160. That will put my BMI in normal range. I can't picture either. The 29 lbs vs 9 lbs seems equally unattainable.