Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Acevez, Dr Ortiz or Dr Alvarez?

I had a revision from the Lap Band to the Sleeve 4/1/13. Dr. Aceves and his staff were wonderful. I chose him due to his reputation, the hospital facility (You stay there the entire time...there is an ER and a fully functional ICU... I liked that), and his experience with revisions. I struggled with the price as well... did a re-fi on my house to pay for it. This was my life... I needed the best. Besides being a skilled surgeon...he is kind and caring. I am down 61 lbs since the start of my pre-op diet and 51 since surgery day. From size 24 to 14's and 12's. Oh... and the hospital is small but it is very clean and much more modern than I would have expected. I was walking constantly so I sure saw a lot of it! One thing to note... Mexicali is certainly not a tourist destination...lol.

I was toying with going back to Dr. Ortiz for revision surgery (I had the band with him back in 2008) but they couldn't guarantee me they could do it in one procedure (an issue for me since I'm from northern Canada). I also had a friend personally recommend Dr. Aceves so I looked into him more and everything directed me to him! I had the best experience and all of his staff were kind and professional. No issues at all! I'm down almost 50 pounds and from a size 18/20 to a 12 now! I love that man and his staff!!! :)

I have been watching your youtube videos (and subscribed to them). Love them! They are very uplifting and inspiring. Would love for you to suggest some other youtubes that may help me. I am scheduled wit Dr Aceves July 25th.

That's so kind! I have a hard time believing that people actually enjoy listening to me ramble on forever, but I enjoy watching other people do it, so.

There are so many good people to watch! These people are other Dr. Aceves Patients, so we can start there:

LessOfSarah

Altering Ashley

ile122975

Katie O. (She'll be there right before you!)

OakleyGirlGoesVSG (her surgery is today)

That's so kind! I have a hard time believing that people actually enjoy listening to me ramble on forever, but I enjoy watching other people do it, so.

There are so many good people to watch! These people are other Dr. Aceves Patients, so we can start there:

LessOfSarah

Altering Ashley

ile122975

Katie O. (She'll be there right before you!)

OakleyGirlGoesVSG (her surgery is today)

Oh, nice!! When is Katie O. being sleeved? Oh, just found her video. 3 days before me. :)

Can somebody who had Dr Ortiz pease tell me if there is wifi or the ability to connect to the Internet while at Almater Hospital?

Can somebody who had Dr Ortiz pease tell me if there is wifi or the ability to connect to the Internet while at Almater Hospital?

I dont think Dr Ortiz is at Almatar (that would be Dr Aceves). But yes, there is WIFI.

I got both wifi and US cell service from Almater.

I got both wifi and US cell service from Almater.

Ditto that.

I dont think Dr Ortiz is at Almatar (that would be Dr Aceves). But yes' date=' there is WIFI.[/quote']

Dt. Ortiz is at Obesity Control Center in TJ and your hotel is the TJ Marriott. Both have free wifi.

Yes sorry - I'm getting too confused by it all. I meant Dr Acevez and he Almater Hospital. I am tentatively booked for the sleeve on the 30th (July) - sooo nervous and even more so since they warned me that the sleeve can make acid reflux worse (I don't have a hernia). I really don't want the bypass though.

Yes sorry - I'm getting too confused by it all. I meant Dr Acevez and he Almater Hospital. I am tentatively booked for the sleeve on the 30th (July) - sooo nervous and even more so since they warned me that the sleeve can make acid reflux worse (I don't have a hernia). I really don't want the bypass though.

Go a few days earlier and go with me. :)

When is your surgery?

When is your surgery?

The 25th. :)

TOTALLY GOING WITH DR. ORTIZ!!!!!!!

I have been reading so many good comments about all the doctors at OCC. I was thinking about going with a doctor at BeLiteWeight Dr. Rodriguez, but I have changed my mind. I am excited,scared & have alot of butterflies but I feel pretty confident about choosing OCC

I have yet to find anyone else having surgery with Dr. Aceves on August 5th! Hoping for a surgery buddy.