Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goining in for surgury in 2 weeks time

My wife has already done the surgury ad i cant wait to do it as well, it is going to be nice to sleep with her in the same bed again after 11 years of me ( "so she says') snoaring. So im pretty sure im emotionally set for whats coming up next, looking at it like its a new beginning, After awhile ill be able to sleep comfortably, my knees wont hurt as much from the stain of the excess weight, No more blood pressure pills, it should be good. Im very interested in the other men out there talking about their energy levels and how they keep it up with weight training.

i

Hey kempoman. I am a Kenpo man but welcome to the forum. Loosing muscle mass is an issue I'm worried about too. I was sleeved July 1. Protein is real hard to get down. In fact I only had about 300 calories total today. Looks like there will be a rebuilding process for sure.

Hi - I got sleeved in late Feb. Ive lost about 100lbs. Eating solids has been a real problem. I just have a hard time eating very slowly and so little. It leaves me very hungry and is painful. I started exercising about a week after surgery, mostly lots of cardio - elliptical and stationary bike. I don't notice any difference in my energy or aching joints. I have added upper body weights, but do notice a lot less muscle everywhere. Plus I am losing my hair. I am off all my BP meds, in fact my BP is too low and I get massive head rushes. Other than that - it is great! Not really. food and eating is a big drag. I don't feel good and I am pretty disappointed overall. I wouldn't do this if I had to do again. Maybe it is just where I am in the process. But it basically feels like a bad diet that I can't reverse. Sorry to be the only guy on this web site to say anything negative - I'll probably be banned. But that is how I feel.

Hey cougar94 thanks for your input nice to know we have alot in common were gonna have to keep in touch, and richardvst thanks for your honesty, keep hanging in there im sure it will get better for you. Ive got 2 days before my 1 week liquid diet thinking about starting early , 2 days but why not ..getting really nervouse doing alot of praying waiting for any kind of sign from GOD that says DONT DO IT. But im ready im tiered of banging my head against the wall, ive hiot rock bottom and im ready to crawl back out of this food pit that ive created for myself.

welcome to the team buddy!

i was sleeved in late feb, down 55lb. the first month or so it's hard to get enough Protein in, but i didnt have much muscle wasting. after a while i was slamming down enough Protein and got back to the weights. i've gained quite a bit of muscle, so the fat loss has been more than the scale may show.

focus on getting in a target amount of quality protein and be faithful to the gym. it will work and you'll be amazed at the changes.

i train jiu jitsu 5x/wk and have fallen in love with it all over again now that i can move so much more easily. here's hoping and praying the same for you!

welcome to the team buddy!

i was sleeved in late feb, down 55lb. the first month or so it's hard to get enough Protein in, but i didnt have much muscle wasting. after a while i was slamming down enough Protein and got back to the weights. i've gained quite a bit of muscle, so the fat loss has been more than the scale may show.

focus on getting in a target amount of quality protein and be faithful to the gym. it will work and you'll be amazed at the changes.

i train jiu jitsu 5x/wk and have fallen in love with it all over again now that i can move so much more easily. here's hoping and praying the same for you!

Thanks man i really appreciate the positive words.. starting my liquid fast tommorow and starting to get alittle nervouse, but excited loved jiu jitsu good luck with that, lot of fun and exercise. I just for some reason got it in my mind i was going to have problems with lifting and getting my energy levels up without eating the masses amount of foods i do now, that probably part of my diseased mind right there hugh.. again thanks

No problem Kenpo. We should keep in touch. Been moving some Kenpo on the BOB feels good speed has increased.

Be warned that the snoring may not completely go away. Mine is not nearly as bad as it once was.

Be warned that the snoring may not completely go away. Mine is not nearly as bad as it once was.

Yea i know but i also know i didnt snoar until i was 225lbs so im hopeing when i get back to normal weight ill be fine .

No matter what you need to get protien and Water or you will lose muscle and hair. Working out to soon after surgery will not make things better your body needs to adjust. There is plenty of time to work out and when the weight is off the workout will get easier. Drink water work on protien and increase activity as you feel like and enjoy the ride.

That's true. In fact, my apnea continues at 216 lbs, far below my goal of 235 and my NUT's goal of 225. I have decided to not treat it, since all other vitals are good, I have no outward symptoms, and the CPAP machine was invented by Nazis who want to deprive married men of the little chance we already have to be romantic in bed. That last part is an exaggeration. Sort of.

Thanks man i really appreciate the positive words.. starting my liquid fast tommorow and starting to get alittle nervouse' date=' but excited loved jiu jitsu good luck with that, lot of fun and exercise. I just for some reason got it in my mind i was going to have problems with lifting and getting my energy levels up without eating the masses amount of foods i do now, that probably part of my diseased mind right there hugh.. again thanks[/quote']

Will write more just wanted to shout out that im back and if anyone of you ever...ever have ANY second thoughts or misgivings about going down to Mexico to DR Alvarez...DONT OMGosh never been treated so well or taken care of in my life, the most work that i had to do for my self in the 5 days i was under his care was waiting for the shuttle to the airport. will write more soon