Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had 800 cal today and im barely 3 weeks post op...smh Im on puree and ive had puree chilli , tuna, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat , yogurts, pudding sf, just to namw a few I feel like im eating to much im bk in the gym I worknout boyt a hour a day and Im bk at work as a conductor for septa I stand most of the day.....anyone have that many cal 3 weeks out im nervous about this

I had 800 cal today and im barely 3 weeks post op...smh Im on puree and ive had puree chilli ' date=' tuna, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat , yogurts, pudding sf, just to namw a few I feel like im eating to much im bk in the gym I worknout boyt a hour a day and Im bk at work as a conductor for septa I stand most of the day.....anyone have that many cal 3 weeks out im nervous about this[/quote']

I can't quite get there yet and I'm 3 weeks out. My surgeon says 3 meals only so I'm limited in my eating times. I'm getting 5-600 calories a day average.

I had 800 cal today and im barely 3 weeks post op...smh Im on puree and ive had puree chilli , tuna, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat , yogurts, pudding sf, just to namw a few I feel like im eating to much im bk in the gym I worknout boyt a hour a day and Im bk at work as a conductor for septa I stand most of the day.....anyone have that many cal 3 weeks out im nervous about this

I was getting between 300 and 400 calories. I was on full liquids, 98% FF Cream of chicken, I made a baked potato Soup, that I discovered probably wasn't wise, potatoes should be limited. I wasn't getting 800 calories until I reached goal, 6 months out. How much can you eat at a time? No sugary stuff, right? Do you have a guideline from your doctor and/or dietitian? Don't panic, but reassess what you are eating and the quantity. Under eat your sleeve, it is a good habit.

Heck, I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow and I average 1,200 calories a day. My PA and NUT are just fine with that, as long as I meet my Protein and fluid goals.< /p>

Guest Jason Cody

I am also at 1200 a calories a day but typically only reach about 1000. The essential is that reach my Fluid and Protein goals each day. At day 11 I can already eat cottage cheese, crab flakes, and greek yogurt.

Heck, I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow and I average 1,200 calories a day. My PA and NUT are just fine with that, as long as I meet my Protein and Fluid goals.

Do you try to eat up to those calorie limits or do you try and get in your Protein goals (assuming 60-80 min,) and if you end up that high in calories it's "ok"?

I track every morsel that goes into my mouth and only eat when hungry. I'm getting, at minimum, 70 grams of Protein per day, 64oz Fluid and all of my Vitamins. I keep an eye on carbs/calories, but really only for observation purposes. I don't "try" to eat up to anything other than my requirements...just turns out that way! I have no clue how people are only getting a few hundred calories AND meeting requirements.

I'm only 6 days out and I have never felt full. Only doing clear liquids' date=' but I think I could eat a gallon on broth. I'm afraid my Dr accidentally removed my spleen cuz I'm hungry!![/quote']

I felt no restriction on clear liquids either. Just wait til you have your first solids and you'll know!

I track every morsel that goes into my mouth and only eat when hungry. I'm getting, at minimum, 70 grams of Protein per day, 64oz Fluid and all of my Vitamins. I keep an eye on carbs/calories, but really only for observation purposes. I don't "try" to eat up to anything other than my requirements...just turns out that way! I have no clue how people are only getting a few hundred calories AND meeting requirements.

That's awesome that you're tracking everything! I still believe that is the foundation for everything. Trying to remember back to 4 weeks post op. I'm not at home or I would look it up. I was at mushies from weeks 2-6 and I'm pretty sure I still drank 2 Protein shakes a day. That would be how I got in as much Protein with lower calories. I was usually in the 80-100 grams a day and relatively certain I was around 700 calories. Yep, it's good that your goal is the protein and not the calories. I think you saw where I was going with that question, because it is two entirely different mindsets.

I am 3 weeks out and get 350-400 cal. a day. I get 60-65 grams of Protein a day. Your calories do seem high to me but it sounds like you are more active than I am. My surgeons plan doesn't call for calorie counting...60-80 grams protein a day and when you work up to it, a half a cup of food three times a day. After a year out you can have a cup of food at each meal. I am currently on full liquids until I am one month out which will be the 11th. I drink two protein supplements a day and have one meal of 1/4 cup of cream of wheat, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. Don't really know if 800 is too much, it depends on your age, activity level, and your surgeons plan. Good luck to you!!

Oh good, thanks Brian. Everyone says they are never hungry. I keep thinking something is wrong that I haven't felt full. That's not my goal, just surprised I haven't felt uncomfortable after drinking. Hope my sleeve is tiny!!

Thanks for ur input guys im watching what I eat I was so scared im very very active at work and at the gym so I guess that maybe a big part of it...I ate my last meal at 9p 4oz of puree chilli I dont get off work till 118a and my tummy is growling hard but im not gonna eat anything when I get home bc its gonna be so late....:(

Glad to kno other are eating 1200 cal r u still losing and what r u eating???

I get in about 500-600 cal a day. Im post op 10 weeks. My surgeons plan does not count calories ... Just so long as I get in my 70gm of Protein and 64 oz of fluids and Vitamins day