Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you were eating mushy-food?

Well, my surgeon said that it would be 10-14 days before I would be eating semi-solid foods. Basically it boiled down, according to him, that it would be about 10 days before you would probably start feeling hungry enough to want to eat anything semi-solid, and at that point you could start adding in some more semi-solid foods. 14 was just the max before you probably should.

I will start on the 10th day or a little sooner - Right now I'm 6 days post-op. I was fortunate to not have been sick by this surgery. I never vomited, never felt ill, etc. While I still have pain where the incisions were, overall I feel pretty decent.

Anyway - What I'm wondering is - How long was it before you were able to stomach semi-solid foods?

I include in this yogurt, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, grits, cream of wheat, creamy Soups, etc.

You are on the same schedule I was on in the beginning. Each doctor has a plan they want you to follow, but I was fine doing exactly as you wrote. Good luck!

a Week for me. And I can't wait.....just 3 more days! And it was the same for me. No nausea, or vomiting or feeling sick. I did have a incident of low blood pressure (and the vicodine I'm on also lowers blood pressure) and although I haven't felt hungry I've felt week. But the first couple days after the surgery I got poor sleep so the last two days i've been sleeping in really late so I think that was what lead to me being weak....sleeping and not eating. I'm back on track now making my diet the first priority!

I was on liquids for 10 days, then mushies for a week and then on to full foods after that.

So just to be sure, some people were safe eating soft food after a week instead of 10-14 days? I'm just asking because I feel pretty confident that I can go ahead and start eating blended foods, I just want to see if other people have been able to do this.

i am one week post op and on liquids for another whole week -thats two very long weeks of liquids - then two whole weeks of mushies - then soft solids - dont know how I will make it

I was on Clear Liquids for one day post surgery, then my doctor ordered me the full liquid diet the day after surgery. They gave me pudding and cream Soups in the hospital. I stayed on the full liquid for one week, then mushies for 2 days and I was eating solids on day 10 after surgery. My doctor advised to start eating solids as soon as I could tolerate.

I just had my operation today, and I'm already wanting my Protein shake! Can I have a Protein Shake? All I've been able to do is Water and a weak broth. I got a patch behind my ear to help with the feelings of wanting to throw up but I still get waves like I could vomit. I have five places on my stomach and am curious as heck as to which one hold the port. I can't feel the port?! I feel PAIN...laughs...I think the weight of my larger boobs are making the cuts more painful but the thought of a bra pinching the air out of me is even more scary.