Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buyers remorse anyone?

Don't get angry, enjoy every double take, flirting etc. It's fun and I discovered, at age 53, no matter HOW OLD YOU ARE, you can always be the 'younger woman'. I had an old guy, my daddy's age openly, shamelessly, flirting with me at church. I was "greeting" and ended up with his undivided attention. Would I have had his attention prior.....who the hell knows, but it was fun/funny/cute now. Love it, love my marriage and husband, but it's fun to be noticed.

Get back on track, today is a new day. This is forever, not WW that will end and end up in regaining as soon as you go back to 'real life'. Hang in there!

Good advice! Thanks!

I VERY occasionally get frustrated when enjoying something really good and suddenly getting full. No problem. Box it up and eat it later :-)

This is the best decision I ever made -- well that and my husband :-)

Feel I should clarify. That long rant of mine was to say, for a few hours yesterday, I got a little spun out about the whole thing. That's a few hours, in six weeks. Maybe 2% of the time.

The rest of the time, I'm very happy with my decision!

Feel I should clarify. That long rant of mine was to say, for a few hours yesterday, I got a little spun out about the whole thing. That's a few hours, in six weeks. Maybe 2% of the time.

The rest of the time, I'm very happy with my decision!

AND, that behaviour is behaviour I've had in the past, and I can tell you that without the sleeve to stop me, I would have gone on a days-long binge, perhaps derailing my diet entirely.

Today, I have been a model sleever, and even perfected my shake recipe, to ensure I get my Protein in from now on.

Thanks for being so honest. I get the freak out thing, had the same response myself in the past. I'm pre surgery and your words are really a reminder to me this has been part of the reason why I'm here! Bizarre I'd forgotten! WLS is my choice, I am going to try to use my energy to keep bringing my focus back to me and what will be helpful to me. I hope I can remember this, be kind to me, and kick my own butt if I allow myself to get into too much of an avoidant pity party! Good luck!

I didn't regret what I did but I have a very passive aggressive mother who had to watch my 12 yr old while I went back and forth in the hospital post op. She would say things like how could you be so selfish etc. I cried for the first 2 weeks because of comments like that and because I was so sick and in the hospital and couldn't take care of my daughter.

Two years ago I was still living post divorce with my parents. I went to get the lapband in and my parents ignored me for 2 weeks. I had been so sick I drove myself to the hospital. And when she had to watch my daughter for 3 days she would call me everyday to check myself out and come home. So of course when my band slipped and I had the sleeve done she had all the told you so's in the world. Thankfully I am remarried and my husband is a great supporter.

Even with all this dysfunctional nonsense my only regret was getting the crapband first. Wish I had known about the sleeve.

I am almost 3 weeks out, and I've had a couple of the " What the heck did I do moments!?!?!", but overall I am pleased so far even though I am still having pain, initially had a rough time post op, and am sooooooooooo tired of the liquid phase (2 more days till soft foods!)

Like someone else said, I think that any regretish feelings I have come from the fact that I couldn't get a hold on the weight on my own, and that I needed the surgery. Sometimes it still seems surreal that I got large enough to qualify for the surgery, or that I actually had it done.

Today I start my third and final week of liquids. I am so excited for this week to be over so I can start pureed food. In the last several days I have had several family parties that have revolved around food. While both of those events were hard, I had no buyers remorse. I think the negative feelings I had early on were related to my feelings of pain and sickness. I have survived 2 weeks on liquids, I can do one more. I am loosing an average of 1lb per day which feels good!

I didn't regret what I did but I have a very passive aggressive mother who had to watch my 12 yr old while I went back and forth in the hospital post op. She would say things like how could you be so selfish etc. I cried for the first 2 weeks because of comments like that and because I was so sick and in the hospital and couldn't take care of my daughter.

Two years ago I was still living post divorce with my parents. I went to get the lapband in and my parents ignored me for 2 weeks. I had been so sick I drove myself to the hospital. And when she had to watch my daughter for 3 days she would call me everyday to check myself out and come home. So of course when my band slipped and I had the sleeve done she had all the told you so's in the world. Thankfully I am remarried and my husband is a great supporter.

Even with all this dysfunctional nonsense my only regret was getting the crapband first. Wish I had known about the sleeve.

First off congrats on sticking to what you want and staying strong. Good for you for putting your health and happiness first. You are not only doing it for yourself but also for your daughter. I am sorry that it has been such a struggle and I wish you the best success with the sleeve. :)

I guess I'm going to be Debbie Downer because I do regret having this surgery. I'm a month and 1 week out and I am miserable. My experience though is not ideal so that could be the problem too.

First, I've never had self-esteem issues regarding my weight, had no comorbidities, etc. I did this because after having my twins years ago, no matter what I did to lose the weight it didn't work. This surgery was to be a tool to help me lose weight and prevent me from ending up with weight related issues down the line.

My PCP didn't want me to have the surgery so it took 2 years to get her to even write the referral because she said there had to be *something* that would fix this issue with my weight. I mean when I say I tried everything I went low cal, low carb, glutten-free, vegetarian, you name it.

Finally she wrote the referral and thus began my (supposed to be 6 months) year of getting qualified. It took a year because of paperwork nightmares with Kaiser and the surgeons in my area being months behind due to long waiting lists. During the pre-op year I stuck to everything and followed all the rules. Lost great weight during the pre-op year.

When my date of surgery came I was excited, nervous, etc. Then I hit complications during and after surgery. As a result I was out of work for a month, could not keep anything (including water) down. Became lactose intolerant (normal for many with sleeve) and now cannot eat/drink most anything.

Right now at over a month out all I can keep down is mashed potatoes (about 2 tbsp), grits, shrimp, and scallops. All other foods make me either throw up or cramp badly. I am finally able to drink Water and not throw up (only with MiO).

I'm absolutely miserable and what's worse, I don't miss the food, I miss having any energy. I used to walk at least a mile (most days more) every single day. Plus, I experienced hunger starting at 1 week. Yes, those who say hunger is not real after the sleeve, well, maybe not for them but I'm constantly hungry.

I am tired of the few foods I can eat, tired of Water (and I used to love water), and to top it all off...I've lost only 11 lbs. post-op. I miss my engery (and yes even with all the Vitamins I'm taking) and more than anything I miss being able to play with my kids and puppy. Not to mention the amount of extra work it puts on my very patient, supportive, and loving hubby is horrible.

I am one of the ones that would gladly accept back those 11 lbs. in a minute.

Its very early still to say that this was a waste. Having no coexisting conditions now is no guarantee it won't happen later on. Not a question of it as one of when it will happen. Give yourself some time to heal. I'm post op 2 weeks and still out of work and home sick. So I feel where you are coming from. Again I will reiterate what my surgeon said last week, the ones who struggle the most are among the most successful. Hang in there ok?

I guess I'm going to be Debbie Downer because I do regret having this surgery. I'm a month and 1 week out and I am miserable. My experience though is not ideal so that could be the problem too.

First' date=' I've never had self-esteem issues regarding my weight, had no comorbidities, etc. I did this because after having my twins years ago, no matter what I did to lose the weight it didn't work. This surgery was to be a tool to help me lose weight and prevent me from ending up with weight related issues down the line.

My PCP didn't want me to have the surgery so it took 2 years to get her to even write the referral because she said there had to be *something* that would fix this issue with my weight. I mean when I say I tried everything I went low cal, low carb, glutten-free, vegetarian, you name it.

Finally she wrote the referral and thus began my (supposed to be 6 months) year of getting qualified. It took a year because of paperwork nightmares with Kaiser and the surgeons in my area being months behind due to long waiting lists. During the pre-op year I stuck to everything and followed all the rules. Lost great weight during the pre-op year.

When my date of surgery came I was excited, nervous, etc. Then I hit complications during and after surgery. As a result I was out of work for a month, could not keep anything (including water) down. Became lactose intolerant (normal for many with sleeve) and now cannot eat/drink most anything.

Right now at over a month out all I can keep down is mashed potatoes (about 2 tbsp), grits, shrimp, and scallops. All other foods make me either throw up or cramp badly. I am finally able to drink Water and not throw up (only with MiO).

I'm absolutely miserable and what's worse, I don't miss the food, I miss having any energy. I used to walk at least a mile (most days more) every single day. Plus, I experienced hunger starting at 1 week. Yes, those who say hunger is not real after the sleeve, well, maybe not for them but I'm constantly hungry.

I am tired of the few foods I can eat, tired of Water (and I used to love water), and to top it all off...I've lost only 11 lbs. post-op. I miss my engery (and yes even with all the Vitamins I'm taking) and more than anything I miss being able to play with my kids and puppy. Not to mention the amount of extra work it puts on my very patient, supportive, and loving hubby is horrible.

I am one of the ones that would gladly accept back those 11 lbs. in a minute.[/quote']

I'm sorry your experiences has been so bad, but 11 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good. Have you lost almost 3 lbs a week previous to surgery? I think most of us most of us had the eating difficulties at your early stage, but it does get way better. You will also lose a lot more weight in the months ahead. Most of us have also experienced buyers remorse. Once the weight starts falling off you'll love the new you. Good luck to you on your journey.

I also still suffer from remorse. I been going thru some depression episodes. Where I tell myself if I did the right think? I'm at 3weeks post op today lost 23 lbs my blood pressure is back to normal. But I can't shake this depression exposed help

Hope you start to feel better soon. Be good to youself. Think what we focus on tends to get bigger. Think if we focus on our fears and regrets, we feed them, give them power and they can grow. We have a choice. We can control what we focus our thoughts on. Chose to focus on speedy recovery, on the reasons why you chose to have WLS. I know easy for me to say, cause I'm pre- surgery, just thinking. Sending you positive energy. Good luck.

What I notice is the veterans here don't say they have any remorse other than not doing this sooner. All the comments about being depressed or having second thoughts are coming from those of us who are newly sleeved. Just a thought.