Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To OP - are your going to Dr Sauceda? Are you a member of the FB group and OH groups? LOTS of people travel there alone there is so much after care there!!!

Thanks for posting the TJ options, his photos do look good. Is there a way to learn more about this doctor - a patient group or anything?

I am planning my plastics for late Oct/Nov and my family is pushing me hard to stay local - but I will say that when you go to Mexico they keep you there and you actually have nursing care. All the consults from the USA - all outpatient go home the same day. That scares me!

To OP - are your going to Dr Sauceda? Are you a member of the FB group and OH groups? LOTS of people travel there alone there is so much after care there!!!

Thanks for posting the TJ options' date=' his photos do look good. Is there a way to learn more about this doctor - a patient group or anything?

I am planning my plastics for late Oct/Nov and my family is pushing me hard to stay local - but I will say that when you go to Mexico they keep you there and you actually have nursing care. All the consults from the USA - all outpatient go home the same day. That scares me![/quote']

I could not agree more. My Plastic surgeon Dr Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana Mexico after care was the best I ever received. I had 24 hour nurses care for 7 days. Wonderful pain IV meds for control. It can't get any better than that.

If I would have went home before that, my sweet dear husband would have rushed me to the hospital emergency room at the first sign of any pain. :-)

I had my surgery in mexico the sleeve and I asked for a wheelchair service a man wheeled me from the airplane doors to the outside of the airport were my husband was waiting for me. I didnt have any lay over though I was in the airplane for 4-5 hours. Good luck I wish you the best

I wish you luck and can't wait to see how you're healing.

I had a vsg by Dr.Kelly on 7/17/13. My sister travelled with me. I paid her hotel bill, food bills (she had a vsg a year ago so it didn't cost me much! and flights, and medical travel insurance.

However I realized two days before my flight back home, that I was going to need assistance with the flight. I emailed Jet Blue from Tijuana and requested curb side check in and assistance at San Diego and JFK airport in NY.

Jet Blue was wonderful.

I requested being changed to an aisle seat (was originally booked into window and center). Jet Blue made changes on a sold out flight. I was given an aisle seat and my sister was switched to a seat directly behind me so she could fetch and carry for me.

As soon as we checked in curbside, a wheelchair met me, I was expeidited through security check, meaning I didn't have to wait on line, but was still checked per regulaions, was wheeled to my gate, was the first one to get on the plane by being wheeled to the plane. I got the same attention at JFK in NY when we landed. Was wheeled off the gate to baggage claim and out to the curb for pickup.

I am at my sister's rightow but requested the same assistance for this Friday when I fly home by myself.

Get all the help you can even if you think you don't need it.

See if a nursing student or a visiting nurse association can be a travel partner.

Hell, my sister might be interested. She is a voal advocate who isn't afraid to step up.

I had my sister with me for most of the time. She had to come back early though. She took most of my luggage so it was a little easier. It was not easy by myself. If someone could even fly in to just help you at the airport and to get home...You wont regret spending the money. I had Tummy Tuck, muscle tied, Lipo, Breast lift and implants.

Well I am currently laying in the hospital in Monterrey. My surgery was Friday and everything went well. I has my surgery with dr. Sauceda. I had some glitches getting down as my little town flight was postponed which then made me need to fly in to Mexico a day later:/ it left me with very little time to prepare (which was prob a good thing so I didn't back out) I was picked up at the air port by a driver and even though it was 9:30pm I was taken to dr. Sauceda who did up all my markings, and was very professional. He then drove me to the hotel And I slept a little. Dr sauceda picked me up at 8am and we went to the hospital for preparations. It was a very fast process in signing the papers, getting dressed, getting the Iv, washed and then in to the OR. I was in around 9 and the dr called my mom back home around 3 to say he was done and all went well.

In review I had a lower body lift, a small inner thigh lift, a breast lift with augmentation and he included some Lipo. He said he ended up taking just over 7lbs of skin and fat off and about a liter of of lipo off both hips( saddle bags)

I had little pain the day out of surgery but the lipo sure stung a lot. My first day after was an up and down day as the pain meds that they typically use I am allergic to and which made it difficult to get the pain under control. This was a horrible day and my inner thighs just stung on and off. By the end of the day I did feel much better. I was unable to get up and walk due to the fact I could not get the pain under control. But I once they changed the meds it was much better and tolerable. The only issue I have now is coughing. OUCH I have a lot of phlegm which is causing alot of coughing so I have been needing to brace my stomach a lot.

I was worried about traveling alone, but actually there are 4 other wonderful women here that are all at different rates of healing. They are all so kind and helpful. Checking in on me via fb which makes me feel not alone:) here is hoping today is much better and I can get up and walk:)

Well I am currently laying in the hospital in Monterrey. My surgery was Friday and everything went well. I has my surgery with dr. Sauceda. I had some glitches getting down as my little town flight was postponed which then made me need to fly in to Mexico a day later:/ it left me with very little time to prepare (which was prob a good thing so I didn't back out) I was picked up at the air port by a driver and even though it was 9:30pm I was taken to dr. Sauceda who did up all my markings' date=' and was very professional. He then drove me to the hotel And I slept a little. Dr sauceda picked me up at 8am and we went to the hospital for preparations. It was a very fast process in signing the papers, getting dressed, getting the Iv, washed and then in to the OR. I was in around 9 and the dr called my mom back home around 3 to say he was done and all went well.

In review I had a lower body lift, a small inner thigh lift, a breast lift with augmentation and he included some Lipo. He said he ended up taking just over 7lbs of skin and fat off and about a liter of of lipo off both hips( saddle bags)

I had little pain the day out of surgery but the lipo sure stung a lot. My first day after was an up and down day as the pain meds that they typically use I am allergic to and which made it difficult to get the pain under control. This was a horrible day and my inner thighs just stung on and off. By the end of the day I did feel much better. I was unable to get up and walk due to the fact I could not get the pain under control. But I once they changed the meds it was much better and tolerable. The only issue I have now is coughing. OUCH I have a lot of phlegm which is causing alot of coughing so I have been needing to brace my stomach a lot.

I was worried about traveling alone, but actually there are 4 other wonderful women here that are all at different rates of healing. They are all so kind and helpful. Checking in on me via fb which makes me feel not alone:) here is hoping today is much better and I can get up and walk:)[/quote']

Glad to hear you did well with surgery.

Well I am currently laying in the hospital in Monterrey. My surgery was Friday and everything went well. I has my surgery with dr. Sauceda. I had some glitches getting down as my little town flight was postponed which then made me need to fly in to Mexico a day later:/ it left me with very little time to prepare (which was prob a good thing so I didn't back out) I was picked up at the air port by a driver and even though it was 9:30pm I was taken to dr. Sauceda who did up all my markings' date=' and was very professional. He then drove me to the hotel And I slept a little. Dr sauceda picked me up at 8am and we went to the hospital for preparations. It was a very fast process in signing the papers, getting dressed, getting the Iv, washed and then in to the OR. I was in around 9 and the dr called my mom back home around 3 to say he was done and all went well.

I was worried about traveling alone, but actually there are 4 other wonderful women here that are all at different rates of healing. They are all so kind and helpful. Checking in on me via fb which makes me feel not alone:) here is hoping today is much better and I can get up and walk:)[/quote']

Keep us updated!!! I am really glad you have other ladies there to communicate with. I was worried about you being there alone. But sounds like you are doing well. I am very interested to see your results. This I the route I will be going as well.

Yes I have to say that it is not an easy surgery... But I knew that going in. Unfortunately I don't break down pain meds the same way as others, so pain control has been really tricky for me. But in saying that the other ladies have done magnificently well with their recovery. I will keep updating as more comes. Lol. I will add photos when I get some. The garments keep everything all covered up which really doesn't help with showing lol

I will say some prayers for pain control and continued healing, and sending hugs and good vibes!!!!

Well I have to say that I was having issues with pain control and then all of a sudden I felt great. So I don't need pain meds right now. Which is amazing to me. I am up and walking and moving around (slowly and hunched over of course) but for it being the end of day 3 I cannot complain. Those who are thinking of the surgery defiantly bring things like lanyards to hold your drains while in the shower or walking around. A big fanboy pack is also a fantastic idea. (One that is big enough to hold multiple drains). I also found I have been getting a lot of heart burn/acid reflux since the garments are tight and limits eating especially once having the sleeve. So I suggest bringing an acid reducer to help with that discomfort.

Well I have to say that I was having issues with pain control and then all of a sudden I felt great. So I don't need pain meds right now. Which is amazing to me. I am up and walking and moving around (slowly and hunched over of course) but for it being the end of day 3 I cannot complain. Those who are thinking of the surgery defiantly bring things like lanyards to hold your drains while in the shower or walking around. A big fanboy pack is also a fantastic idea. (One that is big enough to hold multiple drains). I also found I have been getting a lot of heart burn/acid reflux since the garments are tight and limits eating especially once having the sleeve. So I suggest bringing an acid reducer to help with that discomfort.

So happy you are doing well and the pain is minimal and can be managed.

Thanks for posting so many details Michelle. I am "struggling" with the plastics decision becuase I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS, but am terrified.

I am shooting for a late Oct/early Nov timeframe and am waffling a little on whether to go to Dr S or go to a local surgeon. My local surgeon has amazing and I mean amazing before and afters. It also costs like 3X as much and... well, we all know about the after care situation in the USA. You go home that same night and have to be driven back for you frequent checkups. In Mex, they keep you in the clinic for a few days and then you stay in the hotel and the nurse and doc visit you!

There is a part of me that feels like Dr S is a perfect solution for me, but I somehow haven't quite settled my mind on that decision. I guess i hate that I haven't actually met him even though everyone tells me how wonderful he is.

You know what else I am wrestling with? General anesthesia makes me SOOO sick and Dr S uses the twilight sedation which is so appealing. When I mentioned this to a local surgeon he explained to me why most surgeons use general anesthesia and then I realized you do take some risks with the twilight - namely the fact that you are not "dead out" so you can move while the doc is cutting (meaning, there is a risk that could happen). yikes.

anyway, I really appreciate any insights that might help me feel confident with my decision to go to Mexico or help me decide to spend a crudload of money and stay local.

I need lower body lift, breast lift and aug, arm lift, and inner thigh lift. I want to do it over 2 surgeries though - will do thigh lift later since I know that can be a tough recovery. The lower body lift is also tough so I decided I want to do them separately.

I can understand exactly what you are saying. I honestly waffled with it until the morning of surgery. Lol. But in saying that I would def come here a thousand times over. My reasons. DrS is amazing and a perfectionist!! He keeps it real will not do a surgery just bc you want it and puts your health first and foremost!! ( as he explained to me if there was anything concerning AT ALL then he would stop the surgery. (One lady he had not done all her requests bc her blood pressure dropped) he will examine you and if it is not in your best interest he won't do it and will give you other options. (One lady he sd was not a canada the for implants, but he did reconstruct the breast amazingly!!)

He is again a perfectionist!! He will not send you away looking horrible. (He actually added Lipo to my surgery at no extra cost bc I had such heavy saddle bags he sd the results would not be the best with out it.

He is amazing at answering questions and trust me I had ALOT of emails I sent.

The cost of course played a role, but it was the after care that had me. You are in the hospital until you are well enough to go to the hotel, then your taken care at the hotel. Nurses and dr come to check in, help you wash and clean your bandages. 24/7 access to the dr with his cell number. The hotel is covered, the meds are covered, the aftercare is covered, Breakfast is covered, it's close to shopping you may need a shuttle is available. It is more than you would ever receive at a hospital in the US or Canada!

I also believe that when a dr is in the tourism business they must do amazing work and have little to no complaints as this is their livelihood. If there are issues with care or surgery, word would spread fast and the dr would not be practicing.

I know this is crazy long, but I want to comment on the pain... I had the lower body lift, inner thigh lift, outer saddle bag lipo, breast lift and augmentation. Don't get me wrong there is a certain amount of pain that comes with surgery, but the more does not necessarily mean more pain. I'm up and feeling just little twinges. Another lady (bless her soul... Had Tummy Tuck , anchor cut, long thigh lift, lower body lift, arm lift and breast reconstruction) she has been up and moving as well with little discomfort. Pain really all depends on how you handle it. I don't metabolize pain meds at all so I feel like I go without. But the dr will absolutely try to keep you comfortable enough!! He will not let you suffer in pain!!

Lol I know this is a long post, but I wanted to give personal perspective and I'm only 3 days out of surgery. And I feel great!

Thanks for sharing so much Michelle that really helps. I am like that lady - need the works only not an anchor cut, just the regular lower body lift. If I did all my procedures at once, which Dr S said I could do - the recovery really scares me. I will be curious how you feel in the coming weeks. I know that the lower body lift is the hardest recovery and i fear combining it with the thigh lift because you can't sit! Anyway, I am pretty much decided to do LBL, breasts and arms and do the thighs as a separate surgery later.

I am so happy for you that things went well and you are already recovering so well.