Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday, the boobage clock rolled back by about 35 years -- I had breast reduction surgery! I call them my boobs version 2.0. Woo hoo! I cannot believe the difference! I still have the dressings on so can't show off the new profile quite yet, but will post some before & afters here once the dressings are off next week. Suffice to say, my boobs went from very saggy & long with nipples pointing south to very perky and nipples pointing straight ahead -- like they were when I hit puberty several decades ago. They feel very firm too. I know there is a lot of wrinkling around the nipples right now, but that will straighten out over the coming weeks & months. At my post-op appt. today, the surgeon said everything looked good. So far the only thing that is slightly amiss is that I am lacking sensation around my right nipple/areola, but I've read that this happens and over time it should resolve (sensation is very good on the left nipple/areola).

I asked the surgeon to keep my breast size proportional to my hip size (i have big hips!) so I think I'll end up around a size 38C/D after things settle down a bit (pre-surgery I was a 40DD). It doesn't sound like a big difference on paper, but in the flesh it's an amazing difference, due to the breast lift.

My surgery lasted about 3 hours, and I was so out of it afterwards that I have zero recollection of being in the recovery room or even getting home. I won't lie, yesterday was a sucky day (I always have a tough time with nausea after anesthesia), but this evening I am feeling much better and am already tapering off the vicodin, and am hoping tomorrow will be even better. The one thing I really don't like so far is having to sleep in an elevated position; combined with the nausea yesterday I had a tough time getting decent rest. Today the nausea has pretty much abated so I'm able to rest more comfortably.

Congrats. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

That's awesome! Good luck with your recovery!

I had a reduction done about 15 years ago, it was the best thing I ever did! Now with weightloss surgery life couldn't be better. You will be very happy with the results when your all healed.

Best of luck

Wow! Congrats! I can't wait till my plastics surgery gets here. I am scheduled for my Tummy Tuck in September and my breast lift in October! Totally dying to get them done and over with so my journey can be complete! Hope to see some before and after Picts! :)

iam just starting to research plastic surgery. I want abd skin removal and breast augmentation. I want to have a large firm chest. I always had big boobs- even before weight gain. I don't know if i should just get a lift or get implants too. I want to be suuuuuppppper sexy now that I have lost almost 100 pounds.

Congratulations!

Your description of your boobs pre surgery is exactly what mine look like now, lol. After a bad reaction to the anaesthetic during my sleeve, I was initiallynreluctant to do any more. But as I shrink, the boobs have gotta go!!!

Hope you do post pics as u go, but u sound remarkably well and happy already.

Good for you! Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes! Today I ventured out a bit with my mom at lunch time. She drove me to get some Pho (Vietnamese soup) which I swear makes you feel 100% better when you are under the weather (I'm tapering off the Vicodin now, which I hate because it makes me feel so groggy). The Pho made me feel much better.

Also, I put on my post-surgical compression bra for the first time today. On the day of surgery I was bound up in Ace bandages, and yesterday at my first post-op appt. they put this mesh tube top on top of my dressings, which felt OK at first, but by today I was hating it as I was not feeling like I was getting adequate support. The compression bra does make a huge positive difference in how my breasts feel (they feel much more supported).

With clothes on I'd say my figure looks very similar to what it did before surgery -- very hour glass figure-ish. However, with clothes off the difference couldn't be more extreme ... instead of needing to wear both a bra and a sports bra over the bra to keep the girls lifted & minimized, I now only need to wear the post-surgical bra; the girls are quite perky on their own. I do feel my panni/stomach are much more noticeable now (the old boobs used to drape down and hide the belly, LOL).

Also so far this week my appetite has been extremely light, which makes me glad, as I'm hoping to "re-set" my sleeve if possible to be happier on smaller portions of food. I haven't weighed myself since the day before surgery, but I'm hoping this surgery will have taken a few lbs. off (the surgeon said he took nearly 2 lbs. of skin/tissue when he did the procedure). That would be nice! :D

Kris glad to hear your doing well. I can relate to the boobs going south! Hopefully I can get mine done this winter. Please keep us posted on your journey.

Nice to know that 2.0 Boobs point straight ahead!!