Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't post here too often anymore, but I know that sharing successes is an important step. I am down - a lot. Who knows exactly how much. I've had so many "starting weights" and "goal weights" I can't even keep them straight anymore.

From my highest ever, I'm down around 180 lbs. Yes, I was really that huge.

From my revision date, I'm down around 150 lbs.

From size 30/32 (or higher) to a consistent L or XL top, 18 jeans (16 if I get Old Navy talls). My skin is a hot mess, as expected. I probably have 2 - 3 sizes' worth of extra skin already, and I'm not at goal yet. There are some problems at this reality, "good problems" that I wouldn't trade for how I used to be, but still problems. They don't go away. Their nature changes, but they're still around.

Ah, goal. That changes too. The highest "normal" BMI for me is right around 175. My surgeon told me to aim for 210. My regular doc thinks 180 - 190, as long as I'm fit, is a good range for my frame. I haven't weighed in a few days but last time I did I was something like 208.4. Under 10 lbs from the 100s. I literally cannot remember the last time I was in the 100s. It was early college, but I have no clear memory of it. So for goal, I have somewhere between 0 and 30 lbs left to lose.

I don't have a great "now" pic at the moment, but here's my before (before lapband in 2006) and my "now" from about 2 weeks ago. I've actually lost about 8 lbs since then... finally broke a miserable stall.

People out there, especially "super sized people" - no, you don't have too much weight to lose, and yes, you can do it too.

post-7941-138136673525_thumb.png

Wow! You look awesome!!! Congrats on all your success, and I wish you continued success.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you so much for making this post. Your success is absolutely awesome and will be an inspiration to all. There are so many people here that seem to be frustrated with wherever they are in their journey, whether they don't feel like they are losing "fast enough" or whether they are in a stall, or whatever. I know that reading your post and seeing your photos will inspire them to keep going! (Myself included, I'm sure, as I begin to lose after surgery this month! I was once a 30/32 as well.)

Really, congratulations and great work!

Amazing transformation, great job. You will be in onederland really soon.

All I can say is wow! You look like you are at goal already! :)

Well done, sweetie!

It was an amazing moment when my scale read 199. My skin is not so bad. Just my belly and underarms jiggle a bit. When the sale read 170- I couldn't get off of it. I kept staring at it. I admit I cried. I am so thankful to God for this chance at using this tool to change my life.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Great job!

You look awesome and you don't even notice loose skin in your picture. Thanks for posting. It really is inspirational.

Thanks all. Sleeved life has treated me very well. I don't find it "hard" but I do have a tendency to stall long term (I've been sleeved about 15 months and have had two 3+ month stalls, the one I just got past had been in effect since March.)

I've never gotten sick or dumped (yes, we can dump... anyone technically can), my capacity has not changed that much since I was about 7 months out, and I can't even begin to describe the ways this is better than the LB.

I'll post better pics soon, and I plan to share a "no holds barred" on the skin. I will be getting plastics (plan is for a lower body lift/extended thigh lift) and so far it looks lie insurance will cover it (I'm doing it either way) because of some skin infection issues I'm starting to have. If my skin doesn't look bad, well - let's just say that it must be a flattering pic! :)