Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other July 1st sleevers home?

I go tomorrow for my post op visit! I hope I get to progress too! Did it hurt you stomach to move to the full liquids?

I've been on fulls since day 3. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant' date=' but I'm seemingly averse to sweets. Every time I make a shake I can only stomach a couple of sips because it's too sweet. The same goes for sf pudding and Jello. I'm still working on upping my Protein, but I'm doing Tomato Soup made with lactose free high Protein milk, Isopure iced tea, and unjury broth. For satisfying drink, I'm loving low sodium v8.[/quote']

I am getting sick of the sweetness too! I have the injury broth and I couldn't stand the taste are you doing anything special with it?

I go tomorrow for my post op visit! I hope I get to progress too! Did it hurt you stomach to move to the full liquids?

The transition didn't hurt at all. But I take it really slow. I do notice quit a bit of gurggling after each bite. But I suppose my stomach is just adjusting. No nausea or tightness though. Good luck and enjoy!

Did y'all start full liquids today? I did! I had gotten to where I could easily drink my Clear Liquids, but I'm back to itsy-bitsy sips with the Protein Shakes and blended soups! I discovered yesterday that I am also now lactose intolerant! I guess I'll just have to deal with the diarrhea for now because Im not wasting the $100 I spend on Protein Shake tubs!!!! Argh!!!!

Exactly the same thing has happened to me today. I had pain yesterday and didn't associate it with dairy, then today immediately after having dairy... BAM. Off I went today to buy non lactose Protein shakes. I hope it's not causing you too much pain! :)

I am getting sick of the sweetness too! I have the injury broth and I couldn't stand the taste are you doing anything special with it?

I'm using the unflavored unjury and mixing it with my own broth. I found a full scoop changes the flavor, so I'm using a half scoop.

Got advanced to puréed diet today......anyone have any delicious suggestions ?

Got advanced to puréed diet today......anyone have any delicious suggestions ?

I've been on a puréed diet and the best thing I've had so far is either mashed potatoes with shredded cheddar for Protein or hard boiled eggs Blended with a little light mayo. I need suggestions too because that's getting old. ;-)

Oh my gosh, y'all... I am STRUGGLING! Everything is sooo uncomfortable going down and then makes me nauseas. I'm now on full liquids and end up sipping chicken broth. That and Popcicles are the ONLY thing that go down without a fight.

I discovered that I'm now HIGHLY lactose intolerant now and my unflavored Protein powder is dairy based, so I'm not get my Protein OR liquids. I only had about 20 oz of fluids today.

Due to that, I'm incredibly weak and woozy and can hardly walk to the next room without help. I cried all night because this is WAY harder than I anticipated. I'm not regretting my decision to get the sleeve, I'm just wondering if I'll make it to the point where the sleeve is FUN! I've already lost 20 pounds (12 since surgery) and I can't even Celebrate that.

PS... I'm STARVING! Serious hunger pangs. My body and mind CRAVE satiety! It's so frustrating. For almost 4 weeks now, I have had nothing but liquids, my body has been hungry for 4 weeks. I'm so tired of being hungry. I'm not asking for pizza... I just want something that will go down my sleeve and satisfy me. :(

Sorry for the rant and all the CAPITALIZATION... I'm just crying and venting. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh my gosh, y'all... I am STRUGGLING! Everything is sooo uncomfortable going down and then makes me nauseas. I'm now on full liquids and end up sipping chicken broth. That and Popcicles are the ONLY thing that go down without a fight.

I discovered that I'm now HIGHLY lactose intolerant now and my unflavored Protein powder is dairy based, so I'm not get my Protein OR liquids. I only had about 20 oz of fluids today.

Due to that, I'm incredibly weak and woozy and can hardly walk to the next room without help. I cried all night because this is WAY harder than I anticipated. I'm not regretting my decision to get the sleeve, I'm just wondering if I'll make it to the point where the sleeve is FUN! I've already lost 20 pounds (12 since surgery) and I can't even Celebrate that.

PS... I'm STARVING! Serious hunger pangs. My body and mind CRAVE satiety! It's so frustrating. For almost 4 weeks now, I have had nothing but liquids, my body has been hungry for 4 weeks. I'm so tired of being hungry. I'm not asking for pizza... I just want something that will go down my sleeve and satisfy me. :(

Sorry for the rant and all the CAPITALIZATION... I'm just crying and venting. Anyone else experiencing this?

If you aren't feeling better tomorrow I would call your surgeon. You shouldn't be feeling that way. If you are that weak you are probably dehydrated. Maybe try some cream Soup with more calories. I love the butternut squash soup from Target(if they have target where you are). Also you shouldn't be feeling real hunger. My surgeon said yesterday that I should not feel hunger for a long time, maybe never. Also I use Muscle Milk light for my protein and it doesn't have dairy. That might help you. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time.

I hope you will call you Dr. tomorrow if you aren't feeling better. You may need IV fluids. Take care. I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe try some small soy chocolate deserts (I had one yesterday and it went down easily) and pureed apples (they sit in your stomach for a little longer than just liquid). The feeling of hunger may actually be that your stomach has been inflamed by the lactose. I think that was my problem. Since cutting out lactose the hunger pains have gone away. I really feel for you as I have been feeling exactly the same way. Having done huge amounts of research regarding the surgery, I never imagined that I would be in this much pain, this weak and find it this difficult to recover. Hang in there it will get better. Definitely chat to your Dr, my dr did an ultrasound yesterday and blood tests just to make sure nothing major was going on.

Maybe try some small soy chocolate deserts (I had one yesterday and it went down easily) and pureed apples (they sit in your stomach for a little longer than just liquid). The feeling of hunger may actually be that your stomach has been inflamed by the lactose. I think that was my problem. Since cutting out lactose the hunger pains have gone away. I really feel for you as I have been feeling exactly the same way. Having done huge amounts of research regarding the surgery' date=' I never imagined that I would be in this much pain, this weak and find it this difficult to recover. Hang in there it will get better. Definitely chat to your Dr, my dr did an ultrasound yesterday and blood tests just to make sure nothing major was going on.[/quote']

Thank you so much! I have my post-op appt. tomorrow, so I plan on asking lots of questions. I've also read on here that it may not be "hunger" as it could be heartburn. I've been taking my Nexium as prescribed, but maybe it takes time to go into effect? If so, that might make a little more sense b/c my "hunger pangs" stem from right below my sternum, not my stomach. (Unless that's where my sleeve is located now!?!)

I personally think the idea of purring anything is nasty and repulsive. Does anyone have any positive experiences with pureeing ?

Hi everyone....I had my post op visit yesterday had my staples removed and barium swallow all went very well. I am down 13 lbs since the surgery. My issue must be like everyone elses...I also have "hunger" pains as well. I can wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I am starving. I definitely know I am not drinking enough or eating enough. My physician Dr Kim has me now on full cloudy liquids for 2-weeks. Full cloudy liquids really does not consist of many offerings out there. I do the Protein Shakes or try at least to down 1/2 of a 26g Protein shot per day. I was told yesterday my protein was not near as important as the fluids but yet I have a fear of loosing my hair. I will confess I wanted a bowl of Cereal last night I had to walk out of the kitchen with a sugar free popsicle instead. Suggestions for full cloudy liquids? I have had the cream of mushroom and c of chicken Soup but feel I am missing something. I know just temporary that is what I keep telling myself along with singing the song in the my head "just a little sip...take another sip....just one more little sip"...... Have a great Wednesday everyone...I hope your feeling better to those who are struggling.

How are all the July 1st sleevers doing??

I'm doing good but struggling with hunger. I've been on puréed foods since Sunday and I'm dying for some real food!!

My first week was rough but since then I swear I'm starting to think this did not work for me. Lol. I have no problems getting food or Water down and I actually get hungry. Not head hunger but real hunger.

I'm doing well. I'm still struggling to get in enough fluids and Protein. The most protein I've been able to have is 51 grams. I need to shoot for 60-80. I've only managed about 50 oz of fluids. I start purées on Monday and I can't wait. I'm a bit nervous because tomorrow is my daughters birthday and she wants to go to PF Chang's. I guess I'll be sipping on egg drop Soup.< /p>