Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other July 1st sleevers home?

My sleeve book says diarrhea is normal it is either from only having liquids or possibly a food sensitivity like dairy. I am 6 days out today and feeling good. I am only taking Tylenol for my pain and getting my fluids in. I hope you all keep doing well. Each day should be better then the one before!

I was sleeved yesterday around 9:30 am and I was sent home this morning around 9 am. I too had to keep getting up to pee. The pain is pretty bad around the sights. I am on liquid lortab every 6 hours but have been taking it every 5. I just can't seem to get comfortable sitting or laying. When I walk around I feel like by belly is pulling me down right now. Hope this gets better tomorrow. I know am and only 1 day out. My gas pains in the chest cavity were the worst yesterday. Here's looking forward to tomorrow!

I had chest pains too, mine was n June on the 24th, it does get better thank God I thought I had a heart attack. My incisions are all that bother me now. One in particular on my right side. I feel like I'm ripping it open, yet it does look like I am.

Vixynne, I wish that would be an easy fix, but I haven't had anything but clear liquids! I have been adding Isopure Unflavored Protein to everything... what do I look for on the label? I hope I didn't buy that $50 tub for nothing!

I just went and checked the label... It says "Whey Protein Isolate (milk)" GREAT!

I am 6 days out and I am experiencing diarrhea for 3 days now. I was also wondering about the dairy. I am doing better with drinking but had some nausea tonight. The first nausea I have had, I wonder if it meant I ate too much?? Any thoughts? I have also noticed since I am not taking the liquid Lortab as often, I have been running a 100.4 temp pretty consistently. Anyone else running a fever???

I had sleeve done at victory on July 2nd. Home July 4tg. Doing great other than being really tired and hungry all the time. I had Scarborough and dr yu from tlc.

I was at Victory Hospital in Houston. I was feeling good and am not worried about being at home. I'm just glad to be off of the IV fluids. My IV's don't last long and they needed to start a new line in the middle of the night. I've had 1 c-section and 2 unmedicated child births (one to a 9 lb. 1 oz baby)' date=' so I kind of feel like this wasn't so bad. I start of full liquids tomorrow and will see how I do with that.[/quote']

I was at victory on July 2nd too for dr Scarborough . Yeah for victory abs tlc.

I am 6 days out and I am experiencing diarrhea for 3 days now. I was also wondering about the dairy. I am doing better with drinking but had some nausea tonight. The first nausea I have had, I wonder if it meant I ate too much?? Any thoughts? I have also noticed since I am not taking the liquid Lortab as often, I have been running a 100.4 temp pretty consistently. Anyone else running a fever???

I had a fever for the first three days home--but it resolved itself pretty quickly. My doc's advice was to use the incentive spirometer/take lots of deep breaths, because the fever *could* be my body's response to a little Fluid in the lungs--deep breaths will break that up before it becomes pneumonia (which NOBODY wants). Doing more walking and deep breathing for a day or so took care of the fever, and it hasn't returned. I'm now totally off the Lortab. B)

I just went and checked the label... It says "whey Protein Isolate (milk)" GREAT!

I know, I felt the same way--I have two tubs of milk-based Syntrax nectar vanilla and cookie flavor, not to mention a full tub of milk-based UNflavored Syntrax! It might just be a temporary sensitivity, and then your powder won't be wasted. I'm so frustrated--everything I bought for post op liquids/purees contains dairy. Cream soups: milk ingredients. Pre-made pudding cups: milk ingredients. The only up side is that I can make powdered sugar free Jell-O pudding with almond milk and that shouldn't trigger my lactose issues. Hang in there, we'll get through this!

6 days out of surgery. I have very very bad acid indigestion and gas. It's like a labor pain but under my sternum. It fades and comes back about every 15 minutes. I am walking and drinking and walking some more. It does help relieve it after walking but comes back. I have tried gas x , equate and got Prilosec this morning. I think the Prilosec is not supposed to be a quick fix. The only way to get rest comfortably was to take the hydrocodone. I have suffered throughout the day and then taken it in the evening. When it wears off, the pain comes back... consequently I'm not getting much rest. . Tylenol does not help. Has anyone else had this experience?

6 days out of surgery. I have very very bad acid indigestion and gas. It's like a labor pain but under my sternum. It fades and comes back about every 15 minutes. I am walking and drinking and walking some more. It does help relieve it after walking but comes back. I have tried gas x ' date=' equate and got Prilosec this morning. I think the Prilosec is not supposed to be a quick fix. The only way to get rest comfortably was to take the hydrocodone. I have suffered throughout the day and then taken it in the evening. When it wears off, the pain comes back... consequently I'm not getting much rest. . Tylenol does not help. Has anyone else had this experience?[/quote']

You are not alone!!! I'm on day 8 and day 5/6 was very similar for me! What helped TREMENDOUSLY was a hot back on my sternum and a heating pad on my back. Almost instant relief from the pain. The gas still had to work it's way out... but the pain was MUCH better!!!

6 days out of surgery. I have very very bad acid indigestion and gas. It's like a labor pain but under my sternum. It fades and comes back about every 15 minutes. I am walking and drinking and walking some more. It does help relieve it after walking but comes back. I have tried gas x , equate and got Prilosec this morning. I think the Prilosec is not supposed to be a quick fix. The only way to get rest comfortably was to take the hydrocodone. I have suffered throughout the day and then taken it in the evening. When it wears off, the pain comes back... consequently I'm not getting much rest. . Tylenol does not help. Has anyone else had this experience?

I am also in the same boat. Just saw my doc and he is doing an ultrasound tomorrow morning just to be sure everything is ok (also have a low grade fever). Nothing I have tried works and these spasms are soooo painful. If you discover a solution I would love to know!

Did y'all start full liquids today? I did! I had gotten to where I could easily drink my Clear Liquids, but I'm back to itsy-bitsy sips with the Protein Shakes and blended soups! I discovered yesterday that I am also now lactose intolerant! I guess I'll just have to deal with the diarrhea for now because Im not wasting the $100 I spend on Protein Shake tubs!!!! Argh!!!!

Did y'all start full liquids today? I did! I had gotten to where I could easily drink my clear liquids' date=' but I'm back to itsy-bitsy sips with the Protein shakes and blended soups! I discovered yesterday that I am also now lactose intolerant! I guess I'll just have to deal with the diarrhea for now because Im not wasting the 100 I spend on Protein shake tubs!!!! Argh!!!![/quote']

I've been on fulls since day 3. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant, but I'm seemingly averse to sweets. Every time I make a shake I can only stomach a couple of sips because it's too sweet. The same goes for sf pudding and Jello. I'm still working on upping my protein, but I'm doing Tomato Soup made with lactose free high protein milk, Isopure iced tea, and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury broth. For satisfying drink, I'm loving low sodium v8.

Did y'all start full liquids today? I did! I had gotten to where I could easily drink my clear liquids, but I'm back to itsy-bitsy sips with the Protein shakes and blended soups! I discovered yesterday that I am also now lactose intolerant! I guess I'll just have to deal with the diarrhea for now because Im not wasting the $100 I spend on Protein shake tubs!!!! Argh!!!!

I just got home from my 1 week postop appointment and I can start full liquids. I am currently having 1/4 c of organic summer squash Soup which is amazingly delicious! So now I am on full liquids for 2 weeks then pureed. The full liquid stage seems much more doable. The clear liquids for a week was hard.