Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone :) I just had a consultation on June 12th and I am scheduled to get sleeved on Aug 8th already! I guess I'm scared because it's happening so fast ! I have a whole host of medical problems and just hope and pray for a better quality of life :)

You are doing the right thing. Mine happened fairly quickly also but I was glad. I am very pleased with my results so far. I feel like I finally have a handle on my binge eating disorder for the 1st time. I just got back from a cruise & actually lost 4 lbs! I feel better mentally, emotionally & physically. It was the best choice I have ever made in my entire life! I wasn't scared or worried at all about the surgery. You will have this feeling too.

Thank you for the pep talk. That was kind of you. I guess the quicker the better. I just wish my family was more on board with this decision!

It will happen for you soon enough flyme_places ! Good luck :)

Hi Hun , it does all seem to go fast but it is worth it in the end. I was sleeved on 16th of may this year and I'm down from 275lbs (pre op diet) to 218lbs! It is such an eye opening journey that will bring out millions of emotions ( mine was head ????) it's so hard at times but everything u experience solves itself ( the head hunger solved itself when I went on pureed foods) good luck on ur journey, ur going to do amazing xxxx

Thank you UK Honey

Ur welcome jeanie x and by the way my family was dead set against it, in fact it was difficult to find a person who thought I was doing the right thing. But now they are all full of compliments and commenting on how well I've done x keep ur head held high Hun and be strong! X

Ur welcome jeanie x and by the way my family was dead set against it, in fact it was difficult to find a person who thought I was doing the right thing. But now they are all full of compliments and commenting on how well I've done x keep ur head held high Hun and be strong! X

Thank you UK Honey for the encouragement. I hope my family comes around like your did :)

Don't worry sweetie, your doing the right thing and I too thought that my surgery would never happen but guess what? My surgery is July 24th. After going to my final nutritionist briefing and seeing all the folks that would be there with me (the class was full of people with the same surgery date) I and my wife felt much better. We will all be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Follow your doctors orders follow the prep to the letter and everything will be fine. You a beautiful women and just think how great it will be to be at your goal weight and buying new clothes to show off your new figure. Good luck

Shela don't worry! It can be very nerve wracking, but once all the surgery and adjusting to a new way of life is done, you will realise it was all worth it x I'm currently rocking a brand new pair of shorts! ( I've never wore shorts before) I'm down 4 dress sizes and loving it!!!!! ????

Don't worry sweetie, your doing the right thing and I too thought that my surgery would never happen but guess what? My surgery is July 24th. After going to my final nutritionist briefing and seeing all the folks that would be there with me (the class was full of people with the same surgery date) I and my wife felt much better. We will all be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Follow your doctors orders follow the prep to the letter and everything will be fine. You a beautiful women and just think how great it will be to be at your goal weight and buying new clothes to show off your new figure. Good luck

Thank you for your beautiful words & advice :) I wish you the best , and I'm excited for you too!

Shela don't worry! It can be very nerve wracking, but once all the surgery and adjusting to a new way of life is done, you will realise it was all worth it x I'm currently rocking a brand new pair of shorts! ( I've never wore shorts before) I'm down 4 dress sizes and loving it!!!!!

Woo hoo! Shorts :) I heard you guys were having great weather across the pond !

My sugery is scheduled for september 30th. very very nervous they will find somethign wrong on my PATS... Nervous about being off work, nervous about post op pain and discomfort, worried about what people will say when I finally tell them all.. oy! I just need to RELAX!