Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If a bad reaction to food is going to happen....

When will it happen? I started pureed stage today and my first meal was about 8 mini bites of refried Beans. I went really slowly and didn't drink anything while eating. My stomach feels ok, kinda rumbly, but I haven't had any of the horrible dumping symptoms. How long does it take for your stomach to decide it does or doesn't like the food?

In my experience? You know instantly. The "rumbly" stuff is your tummy digesting the food! The "rumblies" diminish as you get farther into the journey :)

I found that it was right after I ate. My first attempt to eat Peanut Butter and Egg salad, after I ate it my stomach began to feel a little queasy and a weird feeling in my mouth. So far, that is the only bad reaction I have had from eating....**knock on wood**

My only "non-normal" reaction to any food thus far has been to refried Beans. I didn't eat much, but I could tell fairly quickly it just wasn't settling right. It wasn't horrible. My tummy was just a one woman orchestra! And I was VERY gassy! So I decided to not try that again for awhile. Everything else has been fine. I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow. Good luck! :)

I can usually tell within 5 minutes after the 1st bite. I don't believe sleevers can get dumping syndrom very easily, as we still have the pyloric valve - which regulates the passage of food from the stomach to the intestines.

http://www.mayoclini...DSECTION=causes

Thanks everyone! I am terrified of throwing up (I did enough of it in the hospital)!

I've thrown up twice post-op...once from a Multivitamin my tummy didn't like (that reaction happened quick!), and once last night from drinking a larger sip of Gatorade G2 too soon after eating some refried Beans (also a relatively immediate reaction). No bueno!

I found that it was right after I ate. My first attempt to eat Peanut Butter and Egg Salad' date=' after I ate it my stomach began to feel a little queasy and a weird feeling in my mouth. So far, that is the only bad reaction I have had from eating....**knock on wood**[/quote']

I had a horrific response to 2 slivers of watermelon. Very small slices, so easy to go down and chocked full of Water. I thought it was fine until I broke out into cold sweat, dizziness, heart palpitations, SEVERE abdominal pain, dry heaves and diahrea. I actually collapsed to the ground and just prayed to be put out of my misery. This lasted 1/2 hr or so. I just thank God my husband was there. I think my body was reacting to the very high sugar content. But I know this: never again! My nutritionist says VSG Pts can and do experience dumping and these are all the symptoms. Our stomachs are VERY delicate and this is no joke. By the way I was sleeved June 10th and am supposed to be eating soft food. Any other similar experiences out there?