Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mentor needed! 7 days until sleeve!

Failing the pre op diet..surgery in 7 days...requesting a mentor and a swift kick in the tush!

post-62705-13813667217397_thumb.jpg

Hang in there. It's 7 days left of the diet. You can do this, and you need to do this! I know it's tough - I'm finishing my diet as of tomorrow, for surgery on Tuesday, so I definitely know how tough it is.

That said, what makes you say that you are failing the diet? What is your diet plan, and where are you deviating?

Failing the pre op diet..surgery in 7 days...requesting a mentor and a swift kick in the tush!

Hey Triple... what kind of diet are you on? I was sleeved on June 24th &I had to do a 2 week low carb diet. It was hard but the last 2 days I only did my protien shakes with almond shakes & drank a bottle of magnesium citrate. I wanted to be sure my liver was shrunk enough. I did cheat that first week by pigging out on a pint fried rice. I ended up losing only 3 pounds that first week, then 10 the second week for a total of 13!!! Ask me any qeustions you want , & I will try to help you! ;)

'shrinking the liver' helps your surgeon who is trying to help you. Try HARD to be strict for the next week. Remember you will have to make BIG changes with the sleeve, just start now!

'shrinking the liver' helps your surgeon who is trying to help you. Try HARD to be strict for the next week. Remember you will have to make BIG changes with the sleeve' date=' just start now![/quote']

Arts is correct, start now cuz you will have no cboice afted surgery! It's easier to be good now & won't be sucb a hard transition later. It will be tough, But bery rewArding! !!

Triple H I too have only 7 days 6 from today. The reduction thing is a challenge I agree especially with a family. What i did a couple of times was one night I went to bed early to be good and during the day I left the house kept busy. I find work days are easier for me no time to eat or think about food too busy.

Triple H I too have only 7 days 6 from today. The reduction thing is a challenge I agree especially with a family. What i did a couple of times was one night I went to bed early to be good and during the day I left the house kept busy. I find work days are easier for me no time to eat or think about food too busy.

That's great ! So helps so much. Better to get use to thw diet cuz it will be tough after the sleeve when there is NO choice BUT to do the diet. You will look back and feel accomplished & successful for sure! Keep going! This is for YOU!! (High five and fist bump!)

I went to a support group meeting where I live and was told there is a book out the title. Emotional First Aid Kit written by author Cynthia Alexander PSJD. It is supposed to help with the transition. I plan to purchase along with 1-2 bariatric cookbooks to help me.

You are so right! I'm now in recovery at my Mom's house...nothing to do but take a walk, sip Water and watch TV! I'm so ready to be back at work (well sort of :unsure: ) so that I'll have my mind busy!

Thank you all for the kind advice! I did make it...now I'm sleeved and feeling just GREAT! :D

omg those two weeks were the hardness .. I failed the first week but I got it together my last week .. Jus pray about it was tough I know ..I wish I could help you ..