Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for Aug 6th in TJ with Dr. Lopez at Mi Doctor. Staying at the Marriott.

Hope to meet some of you there!

What are you guys doing for your pre-diets? I'm on my 3rd day of suffering with 3 Protein shakes + 1 small dinner of lean Protein and salad. Horrible head aches. shakes make me want to vomit. Starting to feel some lack of energy.

Hey! I will be there for surgery on Saturday the 3rd. Dr. Ortiz is my doctor and I'll be at the Marriott also. I'm taking Vitamin B for the lack of energy and the headaches go away by day 4. My pre-op is the same as yours. And I detest salad. Blech.

Hey! I will be there for surgery on Saturday the 3rd. Dr. Ortiz is my doctor and I'll be at the Marriott also. I'm taking Vitamin B for the lack of energy and the headaches go away by day 4. My pre-op is the same as yours. And I detest salad. Blech.

Let me know how everything goes -- especially if you have any specific advice! Maybe I'll run into you on Monday night at the Marriott and you can tell me how it is going! -Greta

Hey Greta , Looks like we'll get to meet & help one another out along our journey. Different doctors but same accommodations. I'm really excited to get started & I look forward to meeting you! Are you traveling by yourself or w/ someone? Karen

Hey Greta I see you've started your pre-op, I don't start til 7/23. Did your Dr tell you to start 3 wks before?

Welcome August sleevers are you all as nervous about this as I am?

Hell yeah !!! It still dnt feel real yet ive waited sooooo long and now 8/14 is less than 30 days away! Ive already purchased shot cups,3oz containers,protein shakes (premier ready made& muscle milk) &gas ex& listerine strips i gotta still get my unjury unflavored and make a pot of chix stock to freeze. Im trying to keep the "negitives" out of my mind so forward we go GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I am scheduled with Dr. Garcia for August the 16th... I hope I'm not the last one on the table before everyone wants to go home for the weekend !@! lol and it looks like I get the weekend crew for recovery time.. hope they don't forget about me :wacko:

Hey Greta I see you've started your pre-op, I don't start til 7/23. Did your Dr tell you to start 3 wks before?

Yeah... I started early... I thought we had to be on the liver shrinking diet for 14 days and then Clear liquids for 3 days. So I thought I was supposed to start on the 20th (tomorrow). I figured I'd start a few days earlier since I was afraid I'd end up cheating and wanted to Iron out the kinks before the real clock started ticking.

I'm not sure I want to redo these first 3 days so I will just keep going which means I'll have been on the diet an extra 5 days. I seem to be bigger than most people doing this (5'8" and 308 lbs) so maybe it is for the best?

It seriously blows. My husband is doing it with me for solidarity. He is 225 lbs and he isn't having as hard a time (no head aches, handles the shakes fine). So maybe it is harder for bigger people.

I've already started my pre op diet too. My surgery is on Aug 5th with Dr. Diaz at Mi Doctor. The headaches are awful! If they get too bad I end up going to bed early so I won't have to deal. The shakes aren't so bad though I am using Premier Protein (chocolate). They taste pretty good. I just hope I dont have a problem with them post surgery cause I would like to keep using the same shakes if possible. Especially since they have 30gm of protein!!

I am August 10th with Dr. Alvarez! I have also starting the prep and purchased my baby spoons, sippy cups, and sample of Protein Shakes. I also got a magic bullet and tried it today with Jay chocolate Protein powder...not bad, not bad...! :) I am in Charlotte, NC!

I've already started my pre op diet too. My surgery is on Aug 5th with Dr. Diaz at Mi Doctor. The headaches are awful! If they get too bad I end up going to bed early so I won't have to deal. The shakes aren't so bad though I am using premier Protein (chocolate). They taste pretty good. I just hope I dont have a problem with them post surgery cause I would like to keep using the same shakes if possible. Especially since they have 30gm of protein!!

I'll have to try those. Are you staying at the Marriott? -Greta

I feel kinda of guilty after reading Greta & Tanya's post stating that they are already on their pre-op's. Tanya is getting surgery the day b/4 me & Greta is the same day as me. I am still eating regular food & drink. I will be starting my pre-op on Tues. 23rd.- that will be my 2nd day of my FL vacation. The 1st day I wanted to go to one of my favorite restaurants with friends b/4 starting my new life style. I guess you could say I'll have a farewell celebration the night b/4. Do you think that's bad? When I start on 7/23 - I will be completely committed 100% not only to pre-op diet & post-op instructions but will exercise faithfully as well. I do not & will not be this person I've become and I won't ever return to this place I'm at in life again. I am going to have the greatest celebration come next Aug.when I Celebrate my 50th Birthday on Aug 15th. I can't wait to live the other half of my life free from bondage of obesity!!!! Can I get an AMEN, sister!?!lol I am very serious about this choice I've made (not to mention the money that's been invested), to make a life altering change that will better my life and my health for the remainder of the time that God grants me to be on this earth! Karen :)

Amen Karen! ;)

I think your plan is solid. I figure my liver is a lot bigger than yours.

I am a little over 5 weeks pre-op and have stopped drinking sodas. Also, I have been practicing not drinking within 30 min before, during or 30 min after eating. (That one is not as hard as I thought it would be. I just have to keep the glass out of my reach so I don't drink without thinking) I drink a Protein shake for Breakfast, and have started taking Fiber, Calcium and a Multi-Vitamin. I haven't changed my diet in any other way though, so no weight loss at the moment.

I feel like I get fuller faster when not drinking and eating together, but wonder if it's all in my head?

One thing I suffer from is "last meal syndrome" At the moment, I live on an island that's about 2,000 miles from any major restaraunts, so that helps, but I still feel the need to eat my favorite foods (baked potatoes with the works, Homemade salsa & chips, YUM) as often as possible... I even have a dinner party planned on the night before I start my pre-op diet of grilled shrimp, steak, and loaded baked potatoes, so I can "go out" with a bang. Anyone else have this problem??