Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid head

Four months out and man my head hunger is really testing my resolve. Had a good dinner, so I know it's not physical hunger. Just struggling with not being able to binge eat, and I worry it may start transitioning to grazing.

Ugh.... :-(

Just make sure you have only nutritious Snacks around. That way if you do graze it will be on things that won't make you feel guilty.

This is a real struggle for all of us. Well, most of us.... Last couple of days i have been grazing and now tomorrow i will reign myself back in and structure my day.....this is a hard job to do...... :P

Thank you!!

I have string cheese, cheese cubes, nuts, and other "approved" Snacks. So if I do slip and catch myself grazing, at least it won't be ice cream or chips. And I hope to keep it that way.

Last night surprised me at how strong my desire to snack was. Being a binge eater, I never really was a snacker. Now that bingeing is no longer an option, it is amazing at how my mind has shifted so that I can get my"high" that is food. And the crazy craving to just snack on things I knew would slide right through (popcorn was sounding mighty nice) had me questioning how strong my will power really is.

I was able to resist last night. But it really did open my eyes to how easy it can be to just mindlessly snack and how diligence will have to be my new middle name.

Thank you!!

I have string cheese' date=' cheese cubes, nuts, and other "approved" Snacks. So if I do slip and catch myself grazing, at least it won't be ice cream or chips. And I hope to keep it that way.

Last night surprised me at how strong my desire to snack was. Being a binge eater, I never really was a snacker. Now that bingeing is no longer an option, it is amazing at how my mind has shifted so that I can get my"high" that is food. And the crazy craving to just snack on things I knew would slide right through (popcorn was sounding mighty nice) had me questioning how strong my will power really is.

I was able to resist last night. But it really did open my eyes to how easy it can be to just mindlessly snack and how diligence will have to be my new middle name.[/quote']

Being aware of it is an important part of the battle. While I agree with the "healthy snack" suggestions, I think it is super important to do the mental work as well and ask yourself what is going on in your world that is making you want to eat when you aren't hungry...while the healthy Snacks will provide you with more "bang for your caloric buck" than junk food, their calories do still count and will still add up

LOL im a day off grazer.. good thing I work 2 full time jobs.. other wise I would prolly be in trouble.. but I do eat things that are good for me.. Protein Bars or fruit or even turkey jerky.. and my baby bel lights.. love them..and my all time favorite.. sugar free popsicles.. Im addicted to them. lol

I just posted the same topic yesterday lol.. I'm glad to know in not the only one constantly thinking of grazing.. Maybe I'll as the dr about a lobectomy to remove the part of my brain that LOVES food so much!!! Stay strong!!!

I know some people eat 3 square meals and others eat every 3 hours. What's the

Difference with grazing and eating every 3 hours. I eat every 3 and wonder am I grazing? Ill have a Protein Shake 3 hours later almonds the late lunch another snack then dinner..

I have the same problem, and I find logging my food on MyFitnessPal helps a lot. If I have to log the food and actually see it on the screen, makes me think twice about eating more than I ought to!

I log, but not as diligently as when I was two or three months out. I need to get back!!

One thing I have noticed is I gain a lb for a day or two, then the scale drops like 2.

Man stop messing with my head silly sleeve!!!!! I know it could be Water retention or hormone changes or the moon aligned with Jupiter's fifth moon for 20 minutes while I was thinking about Burger King. But still come on man!!! :-)