Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else getting sleeved in August?

My dr said protien shakes and low carb bars all day starting 2 weeks before. Started last Monday I stead of last Wednesday. Lost 13 lbs already. I drink the Advantedge shakes and Atkins bars.

Nothing exciting but I want to follow all instructions so I have a positive outcome! Paying cash for all of this........ ~~~~ Teri

Man, I am jealous of you low-carbers. This liquid diet is gonna be tough.

I'm scheduled to be sleeved August 12 by Dr. Dahman at Mercy Fairfield (Cincinnati).

August 6th in El Paso with Dr Lara. I'm super excited.

How is everybody doing with there preop diet it sucks here but doing it having my surgery aug 6 las vegas dr umbach

Thank you everyone for your comments etc. I have added the new people, just let me know if anything needs to be changed or added .

1st ambervsg2013, abbygirl, vicki s, TARPHR, 1sassygal,

2nd ahurtt, Jacqui, Alyson810, newme-in13, lyricallyme2,

3rd

4th

5th LOSINGLOOSEY, Jusme06, elisa123, serenity1959, ca_medic5, adargie, GBFree82, Care1175, cathdro, vinniej3,

6th PattyGee, srboyd86, Kimmy1813, SeaGirl, lubelu, khicks, lia51310, karpouzian, Karen Allsopp, supermom223, beckilou, ShrinkyDinkMe101, sugarpop, Lady cristal, Dhash, beckilou,

7th Bellanthin, antonette, momof02boys, Autumnrain1908, emr3857, xsammy,

8th determined1103, kim2002, Lady cristal,

9th Amanda D Greeson,

10th

11th

12th NMJG, miss_cee85, diva25,

13th LadybugGirl23,

14th SmilinNC, Living4Me, hunny79, SmilinNC,

15th natedog51, holidayexpressions, darleenmr, Flower girl,

16th

17th

18th

19th stacechase, debs003,

20th Dee White, mommaoftwins, newkim,

21st lapoore, scarbedazzles,

22nd MRSNikki82, maggiei,

23rd NotLookinBack, Happy3beme,

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th tashk, akay02,

29th bruised but not brocken,

30th

31st

Thanks for doing that list......a lot of us on 8/6, wow!

I started the pre-op liquid diet on Saturday...it's not bad so far.....HOWEVER, this is self imposed rather than mandatory, so maybe because I know I can eat if I want to, that I don't mind it.....come tomorrow when it officially begins, I may not be such a happy camper LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Aug 21 for me in NY with Dr Ferzli.

Have to quit smoking tonight and will start the costco Protein drinks to get used to this. This is my last pack if cigs and i will use the patch.

Thanks for doing that list......a lot of us on 8/6' date=' wow!

I started the pre-op liquid diet on Saturday...it's not bad so far.....HOWEVER, this is self imposed rather than mandatory, so maybe because I know I can eat if I want to, that I don't mind it.....come tomorrow when it officially begins, I may not be such a happy camper LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!!![/quote']

What does your pre op diet consist of?

Hi I just remembered that I have not introduced myself here yet,

I am 20 years old, from country Victoria, Australia. Was banded last year and have had several blockages and have barley lost any weight, my surgeon has recommended converting to a sleeve which I am hoping to have done in August, I am seeing him on Wednesday and should have more information

JUST Got my Insuarnce approval. I am being sleeved August 6th!! Now to takle this 2 week liquid diet. I can do 2 liquid meals and one Protein and salad for dinner.< /p>

hey there, just started my pre-op this morning. I am surprised to see how many of you seem to have a lot of «freedom» when it comes to what to eat/drink. I have to stick to 4 opti-fast Protein Shake a day (chocolate or vanilla)...pretty gross, and only 3 cups of veggies (natural) a day. I just drank my second Protein shake and could not finish it...it is so thick and yucky. I wonder if it is bad that i do not finish the shakes...At least, I feel terrific, so far so good :)...The thing i miss the most already: a piece of gum. It usually gives me a little boost, but i have no intention to cheat. I actually don't understand how come so many people on here say they cheated...Personnally,my pre-op diet is for only two weeks and also it's self-paid and though my parents are the one paying, i have no intention to put their money to waist...

If some of you have started a while ago, i would love to know what part of the pre-op you found most difficult. Usually, are the first couple days the most difficult, or is it towards the end, or else ?

It's great to know when everyone is getting their surgery, but it would be nice to ask our questions, share our experience/feelings on this page.

Thanks and good luck to all !