Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else getting sleeved in August?

Congrats on the final date Dee!! Hope all goes well for you!!

thank u So much ur bout the only one tht have comment or like anything On here of mines I've think there join clicks On here it not to much support for some if us

I was thinking the same! I haven't feel the support of this forum but its nice to find experiences as of what other went thru before and after surgery... My date is august 15

well let's keep In touch since ur going before me I really would love to keep In touch

I was thinking the same! I haven't feel the support of this forum but its nice to find experiences as of what other went thru before and after surgery... My date is august 15

Hi, I am seemingly more shy on these boards than I am in person. My name is Carolyn and I want to congratulate all of us who will be sleeved in August. I have been considering this for years and finally am going to do it. I am a bit ashamed that its so out of my control, and that is seemingly my largest hurdle. I suffer from that crazy embarrassment, as if no one can tell that me being overweight is an issue or a problem. So my thinking right now is to embrace this process. I've started weighing myself, this morning I took my pre preop diet measurements, I've set out visual aids to support my ultimate wt loss goal, I'm considering organizing my closet into sizes, although it seems my 16w fits a range of 30 lbs, and that's about all I have. I'm having a hard time believing I might someday fit in a 12 or a 10. I went shopping with my niece on Sunday and was amazed at how small they are. I bought a Yoga DVD and a bike, so it's time to get moving. My knees, back and feet hurt most of the time. My Date is 8/6. I live in the Denver area and don't meet insurance criteria and am going to Dr. Alvarez. Ready in my head, working on my heart, and hoping I will be able to honor my successes.

Please let me know where you are in this process (meaning all of the August sleevers).

Carolyn

Well fellow Sleevers... Looks like I'm gonna start our group off! August 1st! I'm sooo nervous!

I'm so excited for you. I look forward to sharing your progress and hopefully you will have some good tips for the rest of us

Thank you Carolyn, and congrats to you as well.

Here is a bit of my story....

I have been considering this surgery for awhile then I felt like my decision was sealed when my employer finally won the battle to have WLS added as a covered benefit on our plan. After that, I no longer had any excuses and took the plunge! I am keeping the knowledge of my surgery to strickly immediate family, so I have been hoping for support here. I have banned myself from a few threads because they are making me more nervous than supported. I have taken some preop pics (yikes!) and some of those were wearing an outfit I haven't been able to wear in at least 40lbs. I am going to take progression pics westing this to give me visual motivation during the rough Patches. I am excited about the changes that this.surgery will help me make. I have been dealing with low energy, chronic back pain, heel pain, and living like a recluse for far too long. I am ready to shed this fat suit that I have NEVER been comfortable in :)

I wish you all good health and healing in the coming weeks. I will continue sharing my story and I hope everyone here does the same.

Im trying! Im so scared to go to my last nut appt. because I'm afraid i will weight more that day and get my surgery delay because of insurance problems!! Lol' date=' i know I'm being very negative...[/quote']

I completely understand. I cut carbs out of my diet since that usually helps me to lose some but def not gain weight. When is the appointment for you?

I completely understand. I cut carbs out of my diet since that usually helps me to lose some but def not gain weight. When is the appointment for you?

Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow!!

I wish you the best and keep us posted on how it goes. I am looking forward to hearing the good news. My appointment is Tuesday and I am feeling nervous too.

I know that I have already posted, but I can't find my post so I will do it again. You gotta love technology right? lol I am going to my last appointment of 6 months on July 17th and my hubby and I are both being sleeved on August 20th. So I will join you August sleevers!!! I am excited, nervous, overwhelmed, worried, scared, and most of all proud of myself for making the decision to go ahead with the surgery while I am still young and can benefit from weight loss. Good luck to everyone!! Tammy

Bit late to the post but I was originally supposed to be a July sleever - now I'm August 1st! Love to be in the front of the line! I start my pre-op diet next week (mainly a low carb/calorie diet - similar to Atkins I think). I have made changes though ahead of this like eliminating caffeine, any fizzy drink and trying (though struggling) not to drink during meals ( hard to break a 46 year habit). I am also trying to get more exercise in and setting up for afterwards with a no excuse work out (treadmill with Internet in a room with a TV , phone and air conditioned). Excited to be at this phase now - it seems a long time coming. Oh and my amazing staff are doing the low carb/calorie diet with me! Great people!

Hi, thought it might be a good ideas to tell you a little about my journey as I have enjoyed reading about others.

I'm 51 years old, a wife of 30 years and mother of two boys 25 and 18!

I have had weight issues from about the age of 9. My relationship with food has been one of love and hate! I have tried many diets, some have been successful, I have lost more than 90lbs on occasions, only for the weight to go right back on. This has made me feel like a failure, it has also made me feel out of control.

I have tried nearly everything! Including fad diets, starvation diets, pills and potion, ect.

I have had therapy which did help with the way I used food emotionally. It was my therapist that first mentioned WLS to me. At that time I was still of a mind that I could do this weight thing on my own.

I now realise that I have no potion control at all. I am indeed like a alcoholic when faced with certain foods. So three years after WLS, was first mentioned to me, and me now using food in a more appropriate way, I am as heavy as ever.

I know this surgery is a tool, but it is one I NEED! I need the restriction it will give me, the hunger feelings being hushed.

It has been liberating finding this forum! To know that I am not alone! To find others that understand!

I am looking forward to making this journey, to supporting and being supported.

I'm sad. The plan was to have my surgery at the end of Aug being that this weekend is my last week of my 6 months of nutrition. Unfortunately, my dr wasn't able to get me in for a consult because he is on vacation...so I must wait in Aug..it's my fault because I switched 4 docs since him. I actually have another doc to go see on the 23rd but I'm cancelling because I did more reviews...so I will just wait.