Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

Well, I came home last night. I stayed 2 nights and was having horrible pain in my side that would take my breath away. They sent me for an upper GI and besides major swelling it was good. Then thy took out the JP drain and lo and behold, it was 80 percent better. I could breath and haven't had a single episode of feeling like i was being kicked in the gut by a horse. Yeah!! I am having trouble getting down fluids. I'm at 20 ounces for the day so far. That's improving too. Popsicles are my life saver. 16 of the 20 ounces are from the sugar free Popsicles. How's everyone else doing? Good luck and God bless to all who are going today and forward. Lets finish July with a bang!!

Oh!!! I have had less than 300 calories total for the previous 4 days and I weighed when I got home. I had gained 8 pounds!! I was going to ask for a refund;). This morning I was down 6. That's good, but I'm still above where I started.

Well' date=' I came home last night. I stayed 2 nights and was having horrible pain in my side that would take my breath away. They sent me for an upper GI and besides major swelling it was good. Then thy took out the JP drain and lo and behold, it was 80 percent better. I could breath and haven't had a single episode of feeling like i was being kicked in the gut by a horse. Yeah!! I am having trouble getting down fluids. I'm at 20 ounces for the day so far. That's improving too. Popsicles are my life saver. 16 of the 20 ounces are from the sugar free Popsicles. How's everyone else doing? Good luck and God bless to all who are going today and forward. Lets finish July with a bang!!

Oh!!! I have had less than 300 calories total for the previous 4 days and I weighed when I got home. I had gained 8 pounds!! I was going to ask for a refund;). This morning I was down 6. That's good, but I'm still above where I started.[/quote']

It goes away. I was up when I got home. I just lost a pound as if this morning. But my swelling is better also.

Very happy to hear you are on the other side.

Well' date=' I came home last night. I stayed 2 nights and was having horrible pain in my side that would take my breath away. They sent me for an upper GI and besides major swelling it was good. Then thy took out the JP drain and lo and behold, it was 80 percent better. I could breath and haven't had a single episode of feeling like i was being kicked in the gut by a horse. Yeah!! I am having trouble getting down fluids. I'm at 20 ounces for the day so far. That's improving too. Popsicles are my life saver. 16 of the 20 ounces are from the sugar free Popsicles. How's everyone else doing? Good luck and God bless to all who are going today and forward. Lets finish July with a bang!!

Oh!!! I have had less than 300 calories total for the previous 4 days and I weighed when I got home. I had gained 8 pounds!! I was going to ask for a refund;). This morning I was down 6. That's good, but I'm still above where I started.[/quote']

I think we gain because of all the iV fluids the pump into us! I was up 5 pounds too! I came home yesterday after having surgery on the 24th. I got really bloated feeling so I took some gas x and walked walked walked the sat I recliner with heating pad on my lower back. Helped amazingly. Praying for you a quick recovery!

I got sleeved the 24th and it went without a hitch. I was in the hospital overnight and got home the next morning about 11:30 yesterday. I still have gas pains but they are going away and I have spent the majority of the day on my liquids. I love Unjury Protein and all of their products work great for me. My wife is so supportive and I love her so much. She is calling all of her friends and telling them about how well I am doing. So sweet. I think this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I will keep you posted. Mark

I think we gain because of all the iV fluids the pump into us! I was up 5 pounds too! I came home yesterday after having surgery on the 24th. I got really bloated feeling so I took some gas x and walked walked walked the sat I recliner with heating pad on my lower back. Helped amazingly. Praying for you a quick recovery!

I was up 5lb too from the IV fluids, I lost all 5 plus one as of today. It was exciting. I'm on the heating pad now it feels soooooooo gooooodd!

Thanks TamBam. I still can't believe that I have done this. It doesn't feel real. I had a dream last night that I was eating solid foods, which I'm not allowed for another month. I was so relieved to wake up and discover it was just a dream. Anyone else with food dreams? Oh!! I never realized before how many food ads there are! I'm not hungry in the slightest, but when I see an ad, I think, wow, I'd love a piece of pizza;). Awful.

Hello! I had surgery July 23:). I am feeling okay aside from all the gas pains. I had my gallbladder out as well. I am definitely having a hard time with fluids and was told by my Dr. not to worry about Protein Shakes right now. I do okay with popsicles so I think I will try to get more of my fluids from those after reading through some of these posts.

I was officially sleeved on July 23rd. I'm told that my surgery was textbook perfect and finished in only 45 minutes. After I woke up, I didn't really experience much pain, but the first time I stood up, I about doubled over with pain on my left side. It felt like tremendous gas pain, but wouldn't move. After speaking with the surgeon, he determined it was most likely discomfort from the JP drain. I continued to struggle with this pain for the next two days, but had immediate relief the moment the drain was removed. My biggest pain in the neck now, is my throat. The little hang-me-down thingy in the back of my throat is swollen to twice its normal length. It makes me gag when I talk, when I cough, lean forward or pretty much anything else. I'm told it will heal, but takes time. I also seem to have a rolling gas bubble that I'm working with. After drinking anything, I get a wave of pain/pressure that rolls up from the bottom of my abdomen to the top and radiates through my back. Once I get past this, I should be good to go! Good luck to those with surgery dates still to come.

Thanks TamBam. I still can't believe that I have done this. It doesn't feel real. I had a dream last night that I was eating solid foods' date=' which I'm not allowed for another month. I was so relieved to wake up and discover it was just a dream. Anyone else with food dreams? Oh!! I never realized before how many food ads there are! I'm not hungry in the slightest, but when I see an ad, I think, wow, I'd love a piece of pizza;). Awful.[/quote']

I didn't feel hungry until yesterday and I made sure it wasn't a head hunger. I drank as much Water as I could to be sure and then my stomach told me very loudly it was hungry. So I pulled out the broth and it smiled.

I'm am craving pizza and salad. But in time it will all work out.

All the best in your recovery.

Karen

I was officially sleeved on July 23rd. I'm told that my surgery was textbook perfect and finished in only 45 minutes. After I woke up' date=' I didn't really experience much pain, but the first time I stood up, I about doubled over with pain on my left side. It felt like tremendous gas pain, but wouldn't move. After speaking with the surgeon, he determined it was most likely discomfort from the JP drain. I continued to struggle with this pain for the next two days, but had immediate relief the moment the drain was removed. My biggest pain in the neck now, is my throat. The little hang-me-down thingy in the back of my throat is swollen to twice its normal length. It makes me gag when I talk, when I cough, lean forward or pretty much anything else. I'm told it will heal, but takes time. I also seem to have a rolling gas bubble that I'm working with. After drinking anything, I get a wave of pain/pressure that rolls up from the bottom of my abdomen to the top and radiates through my back. Once I get past this, I should be good to go! Good luck to those with surgery dates still to come.[/quote']

Hope it gets better!

Ok y'all. I was sleeved on 7/17. I am down 19 lbs. I just went to Disney for 2 days and walked a gazillion miles. Anyways, I don't want anyone to hate me but I have had absolutely zero issues with getting foods down and eat a decent amount and I have no depression about missing food, I am healing up good, I just overall feel great about the whole experience. I'm wondering if anyone else felt this way and then later fell into the opposite mood? I'm pretty positive anyways but it's like I feel like things are working for me and I made the right decision but I see so many others all depressed and unable to eat. I feel bad for them and don't ever want to be like that. Just wondering if I'm alone out there with this.

Ok y'all. I was sleeved on 7/17. I am down 19 lbs. I just went to Disney for 2 days and walked a gazillion miles. Anyways' date=' I don't want anyone to hate me but I have had absolutely zero issues with getting foods down and eat a decent amount and I have no depression about missing food, I am healing up good, I just overall feel great about the whole experience. I'm wondering if anyone else felt this way and then later fell into the opposite mood? I'm pretty positive anyways but it's like I feel like things are working for me and I made the right decision but I see so many others all depressed and unable to eat. I feel bad for them and don't ever want to be like that. Just wondering if I'm alone out there with this.[/quote']

I am so jealous...but just beacause Disneyland is a favorite of mine! I am so happy you are doing so well. I, too, have been blessed with quick recovery...just dealing with fatigue. Just don't get discouraged when you hit your first stall!!

HW: 272

SW: 250

CW: 229

I have had few issues with liquids and tolerance. I have had no fatigue. I have not needed ine single nap! The only thing that hurts going down is the acid-reducer. I deal with discomfort for five to ten then I am off and running again. My legs are hurting from walking and using them more the get up and down as I am 4 days post op and still painful in the incision area. Doing well though and have been out of the house mostly! Feeling good!