Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

My surgery is July 24th, I've been doing my liquid diet for over a week and I think I have everything ready in the house for my post op recovery. I do have to pick up some more broth when I pick up the rest of my post-op meds tomorrow night from the pharmacy. I am excited, nervous, anxious, but mostly ready to become a heathier me!!

Good luck to everyone this week!!

My surgery is July 24th' date=' I've been doing my liquid diet for over a week and I think I have everything ready in the house for my post op recovery. I do have to pick up some more broth when I pick up the rest of my post-op meds tomorrow night from the pharmacy. I am excited, nervous, anxious, but mostly ready to become a heathier me!!

Good luck to everyone this week!![/quote']

I'm also the 24th. Every time I think about it I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack. I have been full liquids for almost three weeks except one slip up. I had a little spinach tonight and I'm off to start my two days of Clear Liquids now until surgery. I'm at a conference that serves food every time I breathe so its a little stressful having to be included in 3 meals a day and declining food. Should I play sick or just sit there and look stupid?

My day is tomorrow July 22nd. Just taking it day by day. Finishing a 2 week liquid diet, having my last chike shake now :) hoping for the best. Doing this with my BFF I'm so happy to have her by my side!! Good luck everyone ..

My day is tomorrow July 22nd. Just taking it day by day. Finishing a 2 week liquid diet' date=' having my last chike shake now :) hoping for the best. Doing this with my BFF I'm so happy to have her by my side!! Good luck everyone ..[/quote']

You are so blessed to have her. I'm on my own. So nervous but there's no turning back for me now. Let me know how it goes for you both please. I'm the 24th.

Good luck guys! I was sleeved on July 10 th, and believe me it's just one day at a time!

I'm scheduled for 7:15 tomorrow. Here we go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

We're scheduled for the same time! Good luck!

I am July 29th !!!! Can't believe in a weeks time I will be sleeved!!! :)

I got sleeved last Friday, just came home from the hospital today. My hospital is conservative with wanting you in their care and on IV fluids for at least 48 hours after leaving the recovery room.

Things are going well so far...most of the pain is from gas. I walked ASAP like you're supposed to. I had to take some nausea meds in the hospital and those made me SUPER sleepy. Otherwise, all is well.

I've only gotten about 8 oz total of Protein Shake in yesterday and today, and have set a timer on my phone to have me sipping Water. Going to pick up some Muscle Milk Rockin' Refuel tomorrow to sip on as the stuff bought presurgery didn't sit well with me.

I hope all of the many July 22 people are having a great start to recovery!

My VSG procedure was at 9:00 am, on July 22nd. the IV quickly makes you drowsy and like they say when you wake up you wonder " when are we going to start". The anesthesia made me super drowsy. (It's like motion sickness times ten) I heard them say It was taking me about 30ish minutes to wake up from the anesthesia. As soon as I was coherent enough I started immediately applying lip balm and asking for shaved ice. I was only allowed to have 1 spoon of shaved ice every 15 mins, mainly to wet my mouth. Then starting at 4 pm they introduced Water and propel and crystal light (water). I attached a picture of the small "lids" they gave us to drink out of. Looks like a first communion amount of liquid!! They want me to take 15 minutes to drink that, it can be continuous if you need but the key is to drink slowwwww. Then at 4:45 pm I walked around our section of the hospital twice. At 5:00 pm they brought Jello and broth but with those i am taking it very slow to consume because I want to be precautions. I tried to pee after the procedure but nothing was coming out. Around 4 pm I was finally able to pee and I thought it was a lot of pee which made me happy but it also took me sitting in the bathroom for about 10 whole minutes and I had to push. The only bad part so far was the nausea which for me slowly came off in my opinion bc I was having ice chips and pushing the medicine button every 15 min. I've only walked once going to walk again in an hour around 10:30pm and pee again :) doing very well in my opinion. Everyone has a different experience, so far mine has been good/ great :) now at midnight I have been peeing a lot I will most likely be discharged tomorrow the day after my surgery !! One day at a time :)

Prayers and blessings to all of my fellow 23rd sleevers. Our day has come. To quote Dr. Phil, "This is going to be a changing day in your life." I have been nervous and have barely slept for days. Last night I went straight to sleep and I'm feeling at peace. I will keep you updated and post when I can. Good luck!!! Hope all the post ops are feeling great today.

Just did prep today and will be at hospital at 5 am to get sleeved at 7am!!! Nervous and excited. Ready for my life changing day!!

Devotion, sounds like a perfect start to your recovery!! best of luck that it continues so well! My doc progressed me to taking fluids in a lot more slowly. But I am 4 days out andfeeling pretty good!

Good luck, Elaine and tripletmom!! Hope your procedures went perfectly!

Just did prep today and will be at hospital at 5 am to get sleeved at 7am!!! Nervous and excited. Ready for my life changing day!!

I did prep today too! I've got to be at hospital at 7 to be sleeved at 9!! Yah!! So ready to do this! Best of luck and prayer for speedy recovery to all the 7/24 sleevers!!! This is going to be life changing!!!

I was sleeved 7-17. Doing incredibly well and amazed that the hunger is not there and I'm doing fine on full liquids and not even depressed about it. I would like something savory but its really not that hard so far. Knock on wood. Anyways, I'm already down 16lbs from the day before surgery. I did eat Soup a little fast and got a little uncomfortable like heartburn feeling so stopped. I feel so blessed withy quick recovery and I feel like I've been given a new lease on life. I can't wait to start exercising and doing fun stuff with my kids.