Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whats with the animosity?

OK so I am just wondering if im being super sensitive or if this is real. lol I am at the beginning of my journey blah blah and Ive been looking into different sites and forums and things. I just went on myfitnesspal and another one I cant recall at the moment and some of those people are so rude!! Not even to me really (I haven't posted anything yet lol) But like, just because you are 115 lbs and know how to lose the last 5 of that doesn't really give you the right to tell someone theyre obese because "they need to get off their ass". Does NO ONE understand that sometimes its much more than that? I know I work out. Before I got too big that my damn joints burn all the time I worked out for hours a day. That doesn't mean its not hard. or that my journey will be a slice of freaking paleo pie like a naturally thin, fit, athletic person, and not to say its not difficult for them as well, but lets be real. unless you have seen the otherside how can you really claim to understand?. Ugh im ranting. I know. its just annoying because this site is helpful and people are kind and supportive of each other. WHY is it that surgery can bring us together but non surgical weight loss is more of a contest than anything else? Ugh as far as im concerned fat girls should unite. Anyway. that's my rant. lol. have a nice day girls. :)

Fat girls unite!!! LOVE IT!!!

You're not being too sensitive - what you're feeling is very real! :) I love MyFitnessPal for the tracking, but I tend to stay away from the forums. There are way too many buttholes posting there, who are way too opinionated about weight loss and fitness. The "would you date the person before you" or "rate my pic" threads remind me way too much of high school.

Urgh--"rate my pic" reeks of middle school Facebook posts. yuck.gif

Reminds me of the "hot or not" website that was around back in my college days!

lol exactly. its just a dating venue for fitness nuts. I wanna tell them all to move on to match.com. but yea, ive been using it to track progress with my diet while I wait for approval, but I cant be bothered with the forums. I hated high school...id rather not revisit. lol

OK so I am just wondering if im being super sensitive or if this is real. lol I am at the beginning of my journey blah blah and Ive been looking into different sites and forums and things. I just went on myfitnesspal and another one I cant recall at the moment and some of those people are so rude!! Not even to me really (I haven't posted anything yet lol) But like' date=' just because you are 115 lbs and know how to lose the last 5 of that doesn't really give you the right to tell someone theyre obese because "they need to get off their ass". Does NO ONE understand that sometimes its much more than that? I know I work out. Before I got too big that my damn joints burn all the time I worked out for hours a day. That doesn't mean its not hard. or that my journey will be a slice of freaking paleo pie like a naturally thin, fit, athletic person, and not to say its not difficult for them as well, but lets be real. unless you have seen the otherside how can you really claim to understand?. Ugh im ranting. I know. its just annoying because this site is helpful and people are kind and supportive of each other. WHY is it that surgery can bring us together but non surgical weight loss is more of a contest than anything else? Ugh as far as im concerned fat girls should unite. Anyway. that's my rant. lol. have a nice day girls. :)[/quote']

Wow! I had no idea they were like that on there...I downloaded that app to help me with this journey..so I could track my intake better....so glad I stumbled on your "rant" bc I definitely have no interest in subjecting myself to the opinions of people who live life with that mean girl mentality...I really don't appreciate that kinda junk...I'll be steering clear!

I use MFP and stay out of the forums entirely. It's a remarkably useful tool but I don't need to socialize with the people there. For one thing, everyone is on a different type of diet and yet they all feel like experts on their particular road to success. That alone is enough to cause you a headache.

You get a tiny bit of that here, too, but I think for the most part it's a positive place to be. We're also all here using the same method of weight loss and that helps.

~Cheri

Its def a great tool to track exercuse abd calories. It keeps me motivated. But yea the people are just rude. Which is a shame.

Wtf..MFP has forums?!?!?!

Lol I had no idea!

:)

Urgh--"rate my pic" reeks of middle school Facebook posts.

No, unfortunately, its a now facebook thing too bc people are more nd more childish nd mean bc they can hide behind fb nd other social media's... That includes some " adults".

Great rant...loved the "slice of freaking paleo pie." Fat girls unite indeed!

Great rant...loved the "slice of freaking paleo pie." Fat girls unite indeed!

lol thank u!! i was just so annoyed. These poor people are getting attitudes for being overweight..on a WEIGHTLOSS site. Really? ugh

I use MFP and stay out of the forums entirely. It's a remarkably useful tool but I don't need to socialize with the people there. For one thing' date=' everyone is on a different type of diet and yet they all feel like experts on their particular road to success. That alone is enough to cause you a headache.

You get a tiny bit of that here, too, but I think for the most part it's a positive place to be. We're also all here using the same method of weight loss and that helps.

~Cheri[/quote']

I totally agree, stay out of the forums and add only pals from this app. That way you are with peers on the same journey. I've used MFP for 1 year, have reached goal and made some very supportive friends. Good Luck and whatever works!!