Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was so excited about this surgery! I had it on Wednesday and I've been in pain and miserable since!! I'm totally doubting my decision now!! Is this normal? I am getting my fluids down really well! I'm wondering, could I be going through a food mourning of some type? Being that it was such a huge comfort in my life and now I can't eat anything and will never be able to pig out again!!! It will be a good thing I know, but has anyone else had this feeling of regret right after??!!

I was so excited about this surgery! I had it on Wednesday and I've been in pain and miserable since!! I'm totally doubting my decision now!! Is this normal? I am getting my fluids down really well! I'm wondering, could I be going through a food mourning of some type? Being that it was such a huge comfort in my life and now I can't eat anything and will never be able to pig out again!!! It will be a good thing I know, but has anyone else had this feeling of regret right after??!!

For some people it is normal and thank God that it's temporary. You just had major surgery and your body is busy healing itself. It's hugely important that you're getting those fluids in, make sure you're getting that Protein in too!

I was sleeved a little over 4 weeks ago. I can't eat the way I used to but I don't have any regrets. I have vivid memories of what it was like to be over 400lbs and I never want to be there again.

I'm know it REALLY sucks those first couple of days. It DOES get better. Every day will be easier. It will be easier to accept our new lives. I'm only 3 weeks out and while some days are very frustrating I wouldn't change it. :0)

I was so excited about this surgery! I had it on Wednesday and I've been in pain and miserable since!! I'm totally doubting my decision now!! Is this normal? I am getting my fluids down really well! I'm wondering' date=' could I be going through a food mourning of some type? Being that it was such a huge comfort in my life and now I can't eat anything and will never be able to pig out again!!! It will be a good thing I know, but has anyone else had this feeling of regret right after??!![/quote']

I had my surgery on the 17th

I cried the second I got home. I cried from the has pain I cried because I couldn't eat.

Monday will mark my 2 weeks and I have to say I feel a bit better. I went grocery shopping for my family and I shopped like if I was gonna eat. I spent $300

My husband was like what the heck?

Everything looked so good to me :(

But I can barely eat 3 tablespoons of babyfood or get my 60 grams of Protein.

What I've been doing is going on Pinterest and looking up some healthy meals for when I can eat again! There are tons!

Hang in there we shall get past this! It is definitely very difficult but makes me realize how much I depended on food for everything

Now my kids better eat all this food I bought lol

The first week was really hard for me too. I was in a lot of pain, and hating only having fluids. I'm 3 weeks out now and it's getting easier. Hang in there, it gets better :)

I just completed my first week post op and I had those same exact feelings about four days out. They didn't last long. By the next day I was fine, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I was resentful to the fact that I no longer have control over what I eat, but I take solace in realizing that me having totally control is what led me to need surgery in the first place. So, I've been trying to view the surgery and the restriction provided by it as a blessing.

It is a shock but you will get thru this, be skinnier, eat almost everything with time just get fuller way sooner.

I thought I made a HUGE mistake and I wasn't even pain. But once the liquid phase passed and I started eating again it slowly got better. I've even ventured to restaurants again (I look up everything first to see nutrition) and it feels good. Once the weight starts coming off and the eating resumes the feeling of sadness left. I had several moments of crying that stemmed from pure frustration, regret, anger ... you name it I felt it!

I went to the local market day after surgery and felt so depressed, but it's definitely better now,. Yes you can pig out just like you use to. Just take time and lots of ever eating, so don't

Oh my god I thought I was the only one that felt this way! I had my surgery last Thursday June 20, and I'm so emotionally and mentally drained and I can't stop this feeling of regret and I'm so scared if the unknown. This is has to be the most hardest thing that I've ever been through!!! At least I don't feel alone :((

What do u put on Pinterest to find these recipes?