Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Energency gallbladder removal

Sleeved 5/28 doing great down 25 lbs then Bam! Felt like crap dr visit, ultrasound go to hospital get gall bladder removed. I feel like crap. Lost my energy back to phase 1 can't drink all the Water, whereas before i could drink all my liquids and everything was fantastic. Just venting.....

My gallbladder surgery was so much worse compared to my sleeve surgery! I had gallbladder removed 6 months prior to sleeve surgery. So glad it was done then and not around the same time! I'd be in bad shape! Hope you get better soon!

My gallbladder surgery was so much worse compared to my sleeve surgery! I had gallbladder removed 6 months prior to sleeve surgery. So glad it was done then and not around the same time! I'd be in bad shape! Hope you get better soon!

Thanks and I totally agree.

You're welcome! :)

Had you started taking your gall bladder meds yet? Did u have gall bladder issues before? I'm just curious why it happened so quickly...

Had you started taking your gall bladder meds yet? Did u have gall bladder issues before? I'm just curious why it happened so quickly...

No issues before and no gallbladder meds not sure. It was ok 2 years ago when I had my lap band removed . What kind if meds?

No issues before and no gallbladder meds not sure. It was ok 2 years ago when I had my lap band removed . What kind if meds?

My doctor gave me actigall to take for several months after surgery to prevent gall bladder from going bad. The chance for it going bad without the meds was like %85 and it is reduced to %5 when taking the meds

Sleeved 5/28 doing great down 25 lbs then Bam! Felt like crap dr visit' date=' ultrasound go to hospital get gall bladder removed. I feel like crap. Lost my energy back to phase 1 can't drink all the Water, whereas before i could drink all my liquids and everything was fantastic. Just venting.....[/quote']

How did your body recover from back to back surgeries? I have pancreatitis and an enlarged duct bc a stone tried to pass. They want to remove my gall bladder, but need to make sure my pancreas returns to normal before doing so. I'm totally annoyed that I have to have yet another surgery. I guess I'm scared too.

I had my sleeve 6/10.

How did your body recover from back to back surgeries? I have pancreatitis and an enlarged duct bc a stone tried to pass. They want to remove my gall bladder' date=' but need to make sure my pancreas returns to normal before doing so. I'm totally annoyed that I have to have yet another surgery. I guess I'm scared too.

I had my sleeve 6/10.[/quote']

I had the same exact thing happen to me. Stone got lose and I had to wait 2 days until they could do surgery because my levels had to go down. I have to admit having my gallbladder taken out was worse than being sleeved. The gas seemed to stay around with me. With my sleeve the gas I guess left me pretty fast. Good luck and hope you don't have too much pain and have a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Wow I never realized there was a medicine for your gallbladder, I just looked up the stats on the actigall and I am totally going to ask my dr ahead of time.

I hope you get feeling better, that was a double whammy for you!

How did your body recover from back to back surgeries? I have pancreatitis and an enlarged duct bc a stone tried to pass. They want to remove my gall bladder' date=' but need to make sure my pancreas returns to normal before doing so. I'm totally annoyed that I have to have yet another surgery. I guess I'm scared too.

I had my sleeve 6/10.[/quote']

I was terribly scared, sick and just tired of it. Happened so fast sick in Sunday took it out on Wednesday. The gall bladder surgery was far worse than my sleeve same thing with the gas and nauseous for days. On the recovery now.

Is this normal with wls? I have to look into this I don't want no surprises I have no health problems besides the morbid obese. Currently 248 workoing out hard as I can in the gym and getting Protein Shakes in early requested by the Nutritionists not sleeved yet few more test.

Is this normal with wls? I have to look into this I don't want no surprises I have no health problems besides the morbid obese. Currently 248 workoing out hard as I can in the gym and getting Protein Shakes in early requested by the Nutritionists not sleeved yet few more test.

Yes it's normal that's why they prescribe actigall to lower ur chances of ur gall bladder going bad

I asked my surgeon specifically at my preop visit about if he would remove gall bladder during sleeve. He said no. Needing it removed happens in about half of patients, so 50/50 odds were not good enough to remove at the same time. Then I asked about the meds and he said you'd have to be on them forever, or you're just delaying the inevitable. Unless you're in the lucky 50%...

Thanks for replying. Have to get more education on this issue.