Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be honest - does anyone regret the surgery?

I can honestly say that I don't regret the surgery, this sacrifice I've made to the me I always wanted to be. I didn't have any complications, so there's been the simplicity of simply learning how to live with my altered anatomy. Certainly, there have been times when I wanted to rip into a giant cheeseburger or a pizza, and realized I was physically incapable of doing so. But that's exactly why I got the surgery to begin with. It was definitely the right choice for me. I can honestly say that I have no regrets about doing this. It is opening up many doors for a life I could not possibly live at my former high weight.

Absolutely no regrets. No complaints, no complications. Ok maybe one.... I do miss an occasional mojito... But my size six butt somehow makes it through!

The only time I had a what did I do moment was right after surgery, when I was in pain and nauseated. Once I passed that moment I haven't looked back

My Husband and I are 3 and a half years out we have both been very very lucky perfect story both at target weight within 12 months and moved up and down within ( 5lb) throughout the process. 10 months ago I had skin surgery and that started a bad slope for my Husband he is now about 12lb up and really struggling. I'm still at target but starting to worry is it all about to get very different from here. So yes this week I'm struggling a little with the mind games of the past that weight loss never lasts forever but I'm sure tomorrow the positive's will be back and all will be great

I had my surgery in dec 2016. I have not regretted my surgery at all. I started my journey at 450 lbs now am 288 lbs.
It's a fantastic journey and well worth it. I feel awesome.
I do believe the process should have more counseling tho pre and post op.
I believe there are many reasons we all gained so much weight and it rarely has to do with food it usually is the good is just the coping mechanism.
Good luck
It's totally worth it

I am down 93 lbs in just over 5 months and the people are like WOW! I love the ability I have to squeeze by people in a crowded room without saying excuse me a thousand times....I like crossing my legs because I can...my collar bones have reappeared! I love the sleeve and the restriction it gives me!

Wow- impressive! Any advice for success?

I don't have any regrets. I am in a place I never thought I would be in. However, there are times I miss the person I used to be. Maybe not the person but the way I used to eat. Without thinking about it. Eating whatever I wanted, how much I wanted. Those kinds of things. Those moments are few and far between and I don't want to go back to that life. But i do think about it sometimes.

I’m 3 days post op, not reacting well to meds at all and feel so drained and awful but I keep looking at the positives about how I’m going to feel next week, then the week after once I watch this weight come off and know it’s not going back on cause I’m in a happy relationship.

Gotta keep reminding yourself that there will always be struggles along the road but every single little story I’ve read of people having, even the most complicated recoveries, still would not go back and not do it all over again! That has to be a comfort!!!

Hope everybody is going ok!