Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any husband and wife sleevers?

My surgery date is August 5th and my husband has his first consult today. We want to do it as close together as possible. It will be great for support. Your thoughts? BTW, I had my consult and approval all in less than 2 weeks!

Congrats! I am scheduled for August 19th and my wife is scheduled for September 9th. We are very excited.

I was sleeved on 5/22/13 and my husband was on 6/18/13! He was going to wait another year but we decided it would be best to do it closer together!! We are enjoying each others support now!

I had my sleeve on July 2nd 2012 and it has worked out so well in be a catalyst to building exceptional nutritional and fitness programs that work for me. Hey, I designed and tweaked them over and over again in the last year so they better be optimized! My wife is going to have a sleeve surgery next week on July 2nd, 2013, exactly 1 year later by the same surgeon in the same hospital. Isn't that cool? I will be in the hospital caring for her instead of the other way around. Maybe someday you will see the two of us standing side by side holding before photos with big grins on our faces on the WLS center web page!!

I had my sleeve on July 2nd 2012 and it has worked out so well in be a catalyst to building exceptional nutritional and fitness programs that work for me. Hey, I designed and tweaked them over and over again in the last year so they better be optimized! My wife is going to have a sleeve surgery next week on July 2nd, 2013, exactly 1 year later by the same surgeon in the same hospital. Isn't that cool? I will be in the hospital caring for her instead of the other way around. Maybe someday you will see the two of us standing side by side holding before photos with big grins on our faces on the WLS center web page!!

That's awesome news. I remember some time ago you stating that she may have the surgery. Having you around will be a tremendous help to her. Don't you wish you had someone around like you full time to "advise" and motivate? Plus someone to tell you all the little things that the Doctor forgot to mention.

My wife had hers Dec 20th and mine Dec 27 we have worked as a team all the way both are down 100lbs each working together is great

My husband and I are both being sleeved August 3rd. We worked it out that way because for us it'll be less time off work, babysitter, financially,etc. also just being in the same phases (diet wise) will be better for daily life. We've both been needing to do this for years.

My fiance and I are being sleeved on Sept 30. I like the idea of us being at the same stage together. I think it will be a huge support for each of us.

Congrats to all the couples. I look forward to following your progress.

My husband had His May 23rd, I go for my last apt and consult in July 16th (his surgery was about 2 weeks after that) I'm ready, he will be my biggest supporter!

My husband had his procedure May 8. My surgery is July 8. We are going to be exactly 2 months apart. My hubby is down over 45 lbs. already. I have some catching up to do.

Had mine november 12 and my wife had hers may 5th 13. Both doing well

My husband and I are both in the middle of our 6 month pre surgery phase. If all goes well insurance wise we will both be sleeved by the end of the year. It's been wonderful having a partner in this new way of life :)

My husband had his August 27th,12 and I had mine Sept. 10, 12. It has helped us tremendously doing it so close together. Together we are down over 300 pounds,. Best decision ever and would do it again! Good luck on your journey :)

I'm new to this thread. Me & my husband are going through the process together. Most of our appointments are together. His surgery date is Sept. 13th & mine is Oct. 4th. We had to do separate dates since I have a five year old son to take care of as well. It's been exciting to be doing this together. We gained weight together so it seems fitting that we are going to lose it together. This weekend is the sleep study which we are doing together. Good luck to all husband & wife sleevers! Any advice please respond.

My husband and I are getting sleeved August 2nd. We debated doing it together vs separately and what decided me was the pre and post op diet. Much better to have a friend to do it with, I thought. I do worry a little but about how we will take care of each other post op though. For those who got it together, was that a problem? How did you cope?