Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like getting no where, I have slowed down to snail pace and getting discouraged. I do this fun thing one day 212.4, next day 212.6, next day 212.8, next day 212 then 212.8 again I know don't look at scale everyday blah blah but I can't stop I have only lost 1.2 lbs in a week ( was 3lbs a week) and funny thing is I started going to gym this week gone 3 times and busy with small kids so moving lots and eating 1000-1200 a day. Lots of fluids etc...not asking for tips just venting. I got that fat girl wanting cupcakes feeling ;(

Nope, you have that, not-gonna-be-a-fat-girl-going-to-get-through-this feeling. :) Hang in there, I see ONEland in your near future.

Vent away we are here for you!

Give you scale to a friend and ask them to return it to you in 3 weeks. hehe

I too watch the scales way too much. I didn't used to be this way, until I was on weight watchers. They teach you that the scales are a way to stay on track. So I faithfully stand on the scales every day. However, I realize that when the scales don't move downward, my body is trying to catch up. In the 4 weeks since I was sleeved, I've stalled for a solid week (week 2), dropped 4 lbs...and stalled again (week 4). Still stalling at the moment, but the scales will move soon. My clothes are getting bigger again. :)

I did manage to take measurements before surgery....and haven't even checked to see how many inches I've lost.

Thank u all, I didn't measure myself before surgery or would be checking that to lol

Gained again up to 213.2 I'm very discouraged... I started going to gym (3 times this week) and gained almost everyday ugh...didn't up calories so why am I working to better myself just to be fatter... down day sorry

Gained again up to 213.2 I'm very discouraged... I started going to gym (3 times this week) and gained almost everyday ugh...didn't up calories so why am I working to better myself just to be fatter... down day sorry

Are you sure it's not muscle? Building muscle will add weight.

Don't think building muscle least not yet since only been 3-4 times

There are so many factors that play into the scale:

1) bowl movements: we can literally be full of sh*t and can weigh up to 15-20 pounds. So, if you haven't had a bowl movement or if you are not regular, you will weigh more on those retention days.

2) going to the gym: when you work out you tear muscle...you know that sore feeling you get? That's a torn muscle. The muscle tears and then rebuilds itself, hence you begin to build muscle. During this rebuilding process, your body retains more Fluid to help the muscles repair themselves. Hence, those ounces of weight you were noticing after your gym workouts.

3) building muscles, shedding fat: there are a bunch of threads that explain the mechanics, but simply stated, muscle is denser than fat and It takes up less space. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn, but the numbers on the scale don't move as fast because of its density. You'll see it in inches.

Don't worry about the numbers, concentrate on the inches. Good luck to you and I hope you continued success.

Don't think building muscle least not yet since only been 3-4 times

Oh sorry thought it was longer.