Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah but you can only be trolled on if you allow yourself to be. It takes two to tango. Common sense tells us to not put ourselves in risky situation. Did he take advantage? Yeah. But remember she opened the door for him to do so and was a willing participant. Would she have EVER said anything had the relationship gone good? No she wouldn't have. And further more had the relationship blossomed into a serious committed romance people would be encouraging her.

IF she is really concerned like she claimed she was she should have taken it to the proper people and not blasted it on a post board. Dr. luna was also in the wrong and most definitely be reprimanded for his actions. but feeling the need to "warn" people to not sleep with someone they dont know iin a foreign country is ridiculous. most people with any type of sense at all already know NOT to do so. It's like warning an adult not to touch fire, duh we all learned that as children.

Sorry IMO I have little sympathy or pity for her. She seems like a highly unstable individual who should seek serious counseling. (And yes get as rude with me as you want but I am allowed to judge this situation based on what I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and its an open forum where we are allowed to voice them)

I have no need or desire to "get rude with you" as you say. I don't have sympathy for the OP either, but only be because she threw her friends under the bus. I agree she handled it wrong. I have no idea why and neither do you. My response was not about the OP. She headed for the hills some time ago it seems to me. I don't hold her to any standard though; it's her job to moderate herself and to live with her mistakes just as it is for all adults. I do however hold physicians to a high standard no matter what country they practice in. That was my point of contention and whether or not the OP has back-peddled all the way to China it stands. Right will always be right and certain lines are not to be crossed.

good lord... the lady retracted her statement. She just did not like him complimenting her. Dr. Luna is a goog looking young man and well statused in mexico. Sorry to say this but why would he go after heavy set ladies when he does have a choice. People confuse a gesture of kindness mixed with a culture difference to a pervert. He complemented me the same way infront of my husband and I took it at face value. A kind doctor try to boost our confidence

To begin with you are very rude! I am an overweight person and I have always been hit on by many men! I am also married to a latin man who is very goodlooking. From my experience most men like women with meat on them, even dogs like meat on a bone. There are soooo many beautiful heavy set women in this world, just maybe you are not one of them. Ive been with my man 27 yrs and he loves me skinny or fat he also says women with curves are the most beautiful women in the world. I hope you get some help for not loving yourself the way you should!

good lord... the lady retracted her statement. She just did not like him complimenting her. Dr. Luna is a goog looking young man and well statused in mexico. Sorry to say this but why would he go after heavy set ladies when he does have a choice. People confuse a gesture of kindness mixed with a culture difference to a pervert. He complemented me the same way infront of my husband and I took it at face value. A kind doctor try to boost our confidence

3 posts???? Hummmmm you smell bad!!!! Geessssss

I have no need or desire to "get rude with you" as you say. I don't have sympathy for the OP either, but only be because she threw her friends under the bus. I agree she handled it wrong. I have no idea why and neither do you. My response was not about the OP. She headed for the hills some time ago it seems to me. I don't hold her to any standard though; it's her job to moderate herself and to live with her mistakes just as it is for all adults. I do however hold physicians to a high standard no matter what country they practice in. That was my point of contention and whether or not the OP has back-peddled all the way to China it stands. Right will always be right and certain lines are not to be crossed.

opps sorry, my post was in no way directed at you. It was a general statement about the situation. :) She did handle it wrong and we may not know the exact reason why she went about things the way she did but its fairly easy to put two and two together and figure out a logical theory behind her actions. I agree right is right and neither the OP nor dr. luna are in the right.

Obviously the OP doesnt hold doctors to a very high standard. If she had expected more from her doctor she never would have interacted with him in such a personal manner, but she did therefore she willingly opened the door for him to be held to a low standard. To me, if Dr. Luna had emailed me prior to surgery and was being friendly that would have been a huge red light that would've sent me running in the other direction.

Again I think she needs to be in therapy because she seems to be unfortunately insecure and allows herself to be put in dangerous situation for a bit of attention.

My BIGGEST piece of advice to anyone going into MX for surgery is to use your brain, be alert, go in get the procedure done and get out, no need to get so involved. And if at all possible don't go alone-you need that support person to be fully concious and watching out for you.

Mexican surgeons/surgeries already get an unwarranted bad rap. They don't need someone on either side of the border making it worse. From what I've read most people that travel to MX for surgery are vey happy. I hope that issues like this don't scare anyone off. One bad apple and all that jazz.

So here is my last post on the subject. But I'm going to include it all.

Knowing her personally and being there from the beginning, I can promise you that nothing would ever have been reported if the relationship had continued and things went well. And I don't think she would have deny that either. When it all started, she really did believe that this was a one time thing. That he was going out on a limb this one time because his "love at first sight" thing was so strong, it was worth this one time risk. While I don't care to defend her after what she's dragged me through at this point, I will say that she is not one to hop into bed with someone normally. This whole thing was played as a "fate" thing and she was swept away. Foolishly? Sure. But I have to admit, he was convincing and even I believed, against my better judgment, that he actually was genuine about it all in the beginning.

The relationship continued after we left. Emails that would make you blush and melt a little at the same time. But the girlfriend thing was huge red flag for me. She was just in too deep to see it or want to see it. And he played it so perfectly. Again, foolish? Absolutely. But she fell for it.

In time, she found enough red flags to make even the most love struck teenager smarten up. She realized she'd been duped and felt more foolish and embarrassed than anyone here could make her feel. But just because someone breaks your heart, you don't automatically stop wanting what they said to be true. And you don't automatically stop all the feelings you have for them. She was hurt and angry, but mostly sad. And while I'm sure that part of the intent of the first post was to serve as a warning to other women not to fall for what she fell for, it was much more for attention from the doctor who was clearly moving on, but admittedly loves to read the forums (especially where everyone speaks to how charming and cute he is).

Her motives weren't completely pure, but not meant to damage him, even with the truth. I honestly believe it was to get his attention. But as information came out (against her wishes as people started putting two and two together), all hell broke loose. And as much as she instead was hoping for a rekindling, she spoke a lot about making an official complaint. Not of rape or even seduction, but of a doctor who was reading forums and becoming familiar with vulnerable, insecure patients before they came to visit him, and in at least this one case, using it to start a sexual relationship.

When a second thread started, two different people commented how he had seemingly been "feeling them out" to get their interest level. These women said he used a couple of lines that she had never posted, but matched word for word the lines he had used on her. Without too much detail, let's just say he sure loves to tell women how amazingly beautiful their eyes are. After hearing the "sweet words he'd spoken just for her," repeated in chorus, I honestly believed she saw the whole picture and was done believing that it really had been a once in a lifetime kinda thing for him.

But, despite the obvious in the front, I believe she hung onto the "chance" in the back. The good doctor in her ear, singing his sob story of how he had real feelings all along and was so "disappointed in her" and how he had been planning on talking to her again soon (after 2 weeks of dropping her like a bad habit) ... and of course reminding her that he told her to keep the information she shared with me at a minimum from the beginning (she never listened, as girls want girl talk when they're head over heels). That little old ME was now in a position to destroy him if I continued my communication with the company. The communication that started when she ASKED me to send specific messages for her so she didn't have to reveal her identity yet. She retracted, and then begged me not to say another word to the company.

And so now, here I am. I went out on a limb to defend someone I really loved and cared about as a friend who had honestly been duped by someone who had no right to be romantically involved with her at all in the first place. She spent enough time talking to him, that she retracted her story and martyred herself as a bold faced liar to help him keep his job. He, while admitting that he had communicated with her post-op, played her off as a lying, scorned groupie about everything else to the company. Despite the information available, the company told me in an email that they would be putting their faith in her retraction and that they have never heard anything aside from compliments about his professionalism (despite links to both threads where multiple women claimed otherwise). In some ways, they don't have a choice but to accept the retraction. But in other ways, common sense says that there is much more going on here than he claims or her retraction explains.

I was (and in a lot of ways, still am) WAY too involved. I suppose most of you don't know me from a hole in the wall, so you have no reason to believe what I say. But, I wanted to just explain what happened, one time, from beginning to end. I've read emails, I've seen pictures, I've even spoken to him about it myself briefly. If I thought it would put this all to rest, I would do things I promised I wouldn't just to see this finished. But at this point, I understand that no matter what evidence is floating around or submitted, with their stories straight, everything can and will be denied and (poorly) explained away. So I am putting it to rest for myself. I understand that Dr. Garcia is now looking into it for himself. Though, I don't know what options he or any authority over Dr. Luna will have, given the coordinated retraction and defense.

I just wanted it to be clear that the OP wasn't paid, threatened, coerced or pressured into her retraction. Ready 4A Change and Dr. Garcia had absolutely NOTHING to do with her retraction and never even spoke to her directly. It was much easier than that. Just a little charm and back peddling did the trick. And also to be very clear, the OP has no evidence that he has actually slept with other patients. Does it seem obvious that he has a consistent technique that has been confirmed from multiple women? Yes. Was he very familiar with leaving down the back stairs of the hotel so as not to be seen at 2am? You bet. But only one has come forward that he actually slept with, and she retracted. So again, because it's only fair to make it perfectly clear: there is zero proof that this has happened before, only suspicion.

And with that novel, I'm officially out. I'm not in contact with the OP anymore. And I'm not going to post on the subject anymore. If in the course of any investigation, my involvement is requested, I'll be available and honest. But this has my tiny little tummy filled with knots and some anger of my own. So I'm letting it fly. Like a wise old man said ( ;) ) "Support isn't always pretty, don't you all have family?!"

Thanks to both my sweet friends and even some strangers for standing up for me. Integrity matters and it's nice to know that my friends don't doubt mine!

I feel for your Kristina, you're a good friend because to be quite frank I don't think I would've backed her up at all considering how unstable she has acted. I guess it's just hard for me to understand how desperate and insecure a grown person must be to fall for the " love at first sight" stuff with a foreign doctor who found you online. It's not only creepy and worrisome that he pursued her, but equally creepy and worrisome that she went along with it...I mean come on...

ETA: I admire you Kristina, looking through your posts over this debacle I personally think you have conducted yourself in an upright manner- good for you!

AND on a side note, if anyone finds Jose Luna's Facebook page- you can see he has pics of him and a girl kissing (which was posted on his FB before the OP had her surgery...so yeah a little looking around you can find out stuff about a random guy whos blowing smoke up your bum)

Geez. My sister, who was sleeved in February and also posts to VST, warned me about this thread over the weekend and I've been trying to catch up today while busy doing other things. Holy moly, am I ever going to have deal with a case of the "I-told-you-sos" from her. She warned me to stay stateside, and I insisted on going to Mexico, because if I am going to pay for this out of my pocket, I want a world-class surgeon that costs half as much. But this lack of professionalism (to put it MILDLY) concerns me. I'm scheduled later this summer with Dr. Garcia, and while I still have faith that his surgical skills are far superior to what I am able to get in the US, it gives me no comfort to read this thread.

Geez. My sister' date=' who was sleeved in February and also posts to VST, warned me about this thread over the weekend and I've been trying to catch up today while busy doing other things. Holy moly, am I ever going to have deal with a case of the "I-told-you-sos" from her. She warned me to stay stateside, and I insisted on going to Mexico, because if I am going to pay for this out of my pocket, I want a world-class surgeon that costs half as much. But this lack of professionalism (to put it MILDLY) concerns me. I'm scheduled later this summer with Dr. Garcia, and while I still have faith that his surgical skills are far superior to what I am able to get in the US, it gives me no comfort to read this thread.[/quote']

Just dont fall for a man flirting with you as that they are in love with you esp if they are in a different country and keep your legs closed and you will be fine. No one forced themselves on anyone so there is no reason to be feeling uncomfortable.

Kristina. I for one thank you for coming here and explaining it as you did. The OP lost something much more important than a man these ad few days. She lost an amazing friend. You've been through it. I agree its best that you let it be. To do otherwise will only let it suck the life from you. Onward and upward.

What the bottom line is to all this is, just dont fall for any man who starts throwing compliments and is touchy feelie. You have to remember most guys not all will tell a girl or women what they want to hear just to sleep with them. A man is a man no matter if he is a doctor or a president they will always tell you what you want to hear (Bill Clinton). Just take a step back and look at the whole picture, the dr was in a different country there is no way he would leave his great life behind even though you would for him. Its not blindsided' s fault, she fell for some pretty suave words that led her to heart break. Im sure this life lesson she will be cautious from now on. Hell men do those things all over the world (not all men) but most. She will be fine it will just take some time to heal her broken heart. If you are reading this blindside I will still be hear if you need support.

Geez. My sister, who was sleeved in February and also posts to VST, warned me about this thread over the weekend and I've been trying to catch up today while busy doing other things. Holy moly, am I ever going to have deal with a case of the "I-told-you-sos" from her. She warned me to stay stateside, and I insisted on going to Mexico, because if I am going to pay for this out of my pocket, I want a world-class surgeon that costs half as much. But this lack of professionalism (to put it MILDLY) concerns me. I'm scheduled later this summer with Dr. Garcia, and while I still have faith that his surgical skills are far superior to what I am able to get in the US, it gives me no comfort to read this thread.

I went with Dr. garcia and met Dr. Luna (the man hugged my mother and put his head on my back to hear my lungs but other then that he was fine LOL) I say be smart be safe, get in get the surgery and get out. You'll come through fine with no problems and once you've lost weight you'll be feeling great and beyond happy with your decision :) I think this has happened only due to the OP allowing it to. Common sense goes a long way ;) and on a humorous note if he did try to put the moves on you he's just a little guy it wouldn't take much to take him down :-P

This doesn't change the fact that by all accounts Dr Garcia is an excellent surgeon.

So here is my last post on the subject. But I'm going to include it all.

Knowing her personally and being there from the beginning, I can promise you that nothing would ever have been reported if the relationship had continued and things went well. And I don't think she would have deny that either. When it all started, she really did believe that this was a one time thing. That he was going out on a limb this one time because his "love at first sight" thing was so strong, it was worth this one time risk. While I don't care to defend her after what she's dragged me through at this point, I will say that she is not one to hop into bed with someone normally. This whole thing was played as a "fate" thing and she was swept away. Foolishly? Sure. But I have to admit, he was convincing and even I believed, against my better judgment, that he actually was genuine about it all in the beginning.

The relationship continued after we left. Emails that would make you blush and melt a little at the same time. But the girlfriend thing was huge red flag for me. She was just in too deep to see it or want to see it. And he played it so perfectly. Again, foolish? Absolutely. But she fell for it.

In time, she found enough red flags to make even the most love struck teenager smarten up. She realized she'd been duped and felt more foolish and embarrassed than anyone here could make her feel. But just because someone breaks your heart, you don't automatically stop wanting what they said to be true. And you don't automatically stop all the feelings you have for them. She was hurt and angry, but mostly sad. And while I'm sure that part of the intent of the first post was to serve as a warning to other women not to fall for what she fell for, it was much more for attention from the doctor who was clearly moving on, but admittedly loves to read the forums (especially where everyone speaks to how charming and cute he is).

Her motives weren't completely pure, but not meant to damage him, even with the truth. I honestly believe it was to get his attention. But as information came out (against her wishes as people started putting two and two together), all hell broke loose. And as much as she instead was hoping for a rekindling, she spoke a lot about making an official complaint. Not of rape or even seduction, but of a doctor who was reading forums and becoming familiar with vulnerable, insecure patients before they came to visit him, and in at least this one case, using it to start a sexual relationship.

When a second thread started, two different people commented how he had seemingly been "feeling them out" to get their interest level. These women said he used a couple of lines that she had never posted, but matched word for word the lines he had used on her. Without too much detail, let's just say he sure loves to tell women how amazingly beautiful their eyes are. After hearing the "sweet words he'd spoken just for her," repeated in chorus, I honestly believed she saw the whole picture and was done believing that it really had been a once in a lifetime kinda thing for him.

But, despite the obvious in the front, I believe she hung onto the "chance" in the back. The good doctor in her ear, singing his sob story of how he had real feelings all along and was so "disappointed in her" and how he had been planning on talking to her again soon (after 2 weeks of dropping her like a bad habit) ... and of course reminding her that he told her to keep the information she shared with me at a minimum from the beginning (she never listened, as girls want girl talk when they're head over heels). That little old ME was now in a position to destroy him if I continued my communication with the company. The communication that started when she ASKED me to send specific messages for her so she didn't have to reveal her identity yet. She retracted, and then begged me not to say another word to the company.

And so now, here I am. I went out on a limb to defend someone I really loved and cared about as a friend who had honestly been duped by someone who had no right to be romantically involved with her at all in the first place. She spent enough time talking to him, that she retracted her story and martyred herself as a bold faced liar to help him keep his job. He, while admitting that he had communicated with her post-op, played her off as a lying, scorned groupie about everything else to the company. Despite the information available, the company told me in an email that they would be putting their faith in her retraction and that they have never heard anything aside from compliments about his professionalism (despite links to both threads where multiple women claimed otherwise). In some ways, they don't have a choice but to accept the retraction. But in other ways, common sense says that there is much more going on here than he claims or her retraction explains.

I was (and in a lot of ways, still am) WAY too involved. I suppose most of you don't know me from a hole in the wall, so you have no reason to believe what I say. But, I wanted to just explain what happened, one time, from beginning to end. I've read emails, I've seen pictures, I've even spoken to him about it myself briefly. If I thought it would put this all to rest, I would do things I promised I wouldn't just to see this finished. But at this point, I understand that no matter what evidence is floating around or submitted, with their stories straight, everything can and will be denied and (poorly) explained away. So I am putting it to rest for myself. I understand that Dr. Garcia is now looking into it for himself. Though, I don't know what options he or any authority over Dr. Luna will have, given the coordinated retraction and defense.

I just wanted it to be clear that the OP wasn't paid, threatened, coerced or pressured into her retraction. Ready 4A Change and Dr. Garcia had absolutely NOTHING to do with her retraction and never even spoke to her directly. It was much easier than that. Just a little charm and back peddling did the trick. And also to be very clear, the OP has no evidence that he has actually slept with other patients. Does it seem obvious that he has a consistent technique that has been confirmed from multiple women? Yes. Was he very familiar with leaving down the back stairs of the hotel so as not to be seen at 2am? You bet. But only one has come forward that he actually slept with, and she retracted. So again, because it's only fair to make it perfectly clear: there is zero proof that this has happened before, only suspicion.

And with that novel, I'm officially out. I'm not in contact with the OP anymore. And I'm not going to post on the subject anymore. If in the course of any investigation, my involvement is requested, I'll be available and honest. But this has my tiny little tummy filled with knots and some anger of my own. So I'm letting it fly. Like a wise old man said ( ;) ) "Support isn't always pretty, don't you all have family?!"

Thanks to both my sweet friends and even some strangers for standing up for me. Integrity matters and it's nice to know that my friends don't doubt mine!

What an idiot to lose a friend like you! :wub:

...and on a humorous note if he did try to put the moves on you he's just a little guy it wouldn't take much to take him down :-P

Ha! I will bring mace and a mean attitude, look out. If you knew me, that would be super funny. I'm about as intimidating as a butterfly. But my cousin who is traveling with me ... don't mess. She's mean. And will never leave my side, especially now. Thank goodness.