Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you! I needed that and coming from you it means a lot. I was telling Alex yesterday that I'm to the point some days that I just want to stick to the two threads I've been on lately and not venture out because of the ugliness..

I think some changes need to be made.

Laura I'm the same. I basically stick to the fitness forum anymore.

Thank you! I needed that and coming from you it means a lot. I was telling Alex yesterday that I'm to the point some days that I just want to stick to the two threads I've been on lately and not venture out because of the ugliness..

I think some changes need to be made.

I hope you don't do that, but that is my selfishness talking :) I think you add thoughtfulness and a bit of light heartedness to the threads that you are on. That being said, I think that taking a break and concentrating on your own health and wellness would be good for you. You have to be a bit selfish in this journey. You need to do what you need to in order to protect and nurture your health goals. If participating in the forum as much as you may like is counterproductive to those goals then taking a break or cutting back is best for you.

I think there are some lessons to be learned in this whole fiasco. I think the OP's intentions were good for the original post. She wanted to warn people to be careful, but she didn't necessarily want to ruin someone's reputation. She felt somewhat guilty about the situation, but also felt conflicted knowing how unprofessional and unethical the behavior was. I think it may have helped if she PMed a moderator and had them review what she was going to post. It was something that needed to be said, but could have been done in a better way.

The second lesson is one of online safety. I see so many people posting so much personal information on here. People must be aware that it may not be just other people that have had VGS reading posts on here. Most have very good intentions, but a rare few may not and including so much identifying information isn't a good idea.

Thanks guys!

Ok I'm off to Moab to sweat my ass off today! :P

Talk soon.

Ok.. Now that's just stupid! What is it there today.. 120 degrees?

good lord... the lady retracted her statement. She just did not like him complimenting her. Dr. Luna is a goog looking young man and well statused in mexico. Sorry to say this but why would he go after heavy set ladies when he does have a choice. People confuse a gesture of kindness mixed with a culture difference to a pervert. He complemented me the same way infront of my husband and I took it at face value. A kind doctor try to boost our confidence

good lord... the lady retracted her statement. She just did not like him complimenting her. Dr. Luna is a goog looking young man and well statused in mexico. Sorry to say this but why would he go after heavy set ladies when he does have a choice. People confuse a gesture of kindness mixed with a culture difference to a pervert. He complemented me the same way infront of my husband and I took it at face value. A kind doctor try to boost our confidence

Are you then accusing all of the others that came forward and corroborated her original story of being liars? Some that where with her at the time, spoke with him, read emails. Others that had similar stories. By the way, by your logic I suppose one should ask why your husband would be interested in you. I assume you are/or were "heavy set" yourself and had a mate. Why would you assume that someone that was overweight wouldn't be desired? That's a slam to most of the people on this forum.

edited to add dropped word

what I read was that he complemented them. I did not hear anyone say that he tried to kiss them or touch them in inappropriate places. By the way, Moab is a park in Utah and its a lovely place to visit.

Why? Because heavy set women are just as sexy as others

Ok, perhaps my words were a bit harsh and it may be because I am not happy with myself, but I still hold to my point. I have been to several latin countries and the men do like to put ladies on a pedestal. He does not seem to be any different them many latino men.

No. He seems to be the same as the rest of them except that he is a Dr, he trolls weightless forums looking for women and he sleeps with his patients. That isn't flirting or complimenting. There's another name for it.

No. He seems to be the same as the rest of them except that he is a Dr' date=' he trolls weightless forums looking for women and he sleeps with his patients. That isn't flirting or complimenting. There's another name for it.[/quote']

Yeah but you can only be trolled on if you allow yourself to be. It takes two to tango. Common sense tells us to not put ourselves in risky situation. Did he take advantage? Yeah. But remember she opened the door for him to do so and was a willing participant. Would she have EVER said anything had the relationship gone good? No she wouldn't have. And further more had the relationship blossomed into a serious committed romance people would be encouraging her.

IF she is really concerned like she claimed she was she should have taken it to the proper people and not blasted it on a post board. Dr. luna was also in the wrong and most definitely be reprimanded for his actions. but feeling the need to "warn" people to not sleep with someone they dont know iin a foreign country is ridiculous. most people with any type of sense at all already know NOT to do so. It's like warning an adult not to touch fire, duh we all learned that as children.

Sorry IMO I have little sympathy or pity for her. She seems like a highly unstable individual who should seek serious counseling. (And yes get as rude with me as you want but I am allowed to judge this situation based on what I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and its an open forum where we are allowed to voice them)

You are EFFING kidding me! I am not even speaking on this whole debacle. What you stated here is disgusting and offensive.

This person is new and came on just to discredit the OP. I see a mole, rat, a*****e etc

This person is new and came on just to discredit the OP. I see a mole' date=' rat, a*****e etc[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more newbies coming on, I went with r4ac with dr. Garcia and will be the first to admit these companies and drs will do some shady stuff to keep business ::: shrugs:::