Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you take protein bars on a plane?

My family and I are going to Australia later this year and the flight is over 8 hours. My mom suggested that I bring some Protein Bars in case I get hungry.

Can I carry those on a plane?

Tia!

Yes.

And actually I had a gallon size zip lock bag of vanilla powder and they never said a thing. But the did question my teeny MIO drops.. Go figure!

Yep! I just flew and these are what I packed:

Protein bars

Protein powder

Perky Jerky

Turkey Bites

Starkist light tuna salad pouch

Yes you can. Generally if it is prepackaged and is not a liquid or gel over 3oz then you can bring it. We live in South America and have learned not to bring a jar of Peanut Butter though because they will take it. You can get the individual snack size packs of peanut butter and that works fine. I have also been able to bring fruit cups as well and never had a problem and string cheese or the individual sliced packets of cheese. Have a good trip!

Thanks everyone! I will pack accordingly.

yup I take my own snacks.. I did however purchase a Protein meal on the plane.. came with some cheese crackers..and cranberry raisins..and go figure.. my all time fav.. turkey jerky.. but I did pack my bars with me. they didnt say anything.

Yes you can. Generally if it is prepackaged and is not a liquid or gel over 3oz then you can bring it. We live in South America and have learned not to bring a jar of Peanut Butter though because they will take it. You can get the individual snack size packs of Peanut Butter and that works fine. I have also been able to bring fruit cups as well and never had a problem and string cheese or the individual sliced packets of cheese. Have a good trip!

Darn that peanut butter! I know it's right at the top of most terrorists' lists of things to take on a plane...haha

Not to be a jerk, but does anyone realize that many people are severely allergic to peanuts? And bringing them on a plane is dangerous to others? Peanuts/ peanuts butter can cause reactions even if not ingested. Had to put it out there. A family member had an anaphylactic reaction on a plane and they almost had to make an emergency landing.

Not to be a jerk' date=' but does anyone realize that many people are severely allergic to peanuts? And bringing them on a plane is dangerous to others? Peanuts/ peanuts butter can cause reactions even if not ingested. Had to put it out there. A family member had an anaphylactic reaction on a plane and they almost had to make an emergency landing.[/quote']

Um I was on a plane last week and they served peanuts.

Yeah I know that peanut allergies are a big deal now but the rational for them taking my big ol jar of Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter is because it "Could be considered a liquid" ahhh NOPE! Anyway, I had to hand it over because they wouldnt have let me get on the plane with it!

I havent made that mistake ever since and always pack in under the plane. I bring it back with me from the US to Peru because you can find it here but it is tooo expensive!