Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware! woman traveling to TJ

I'm old and tired' date=' I must sleep now.

Please let's all get on with our recovery and stop fighting. At the end of the day we have much bigger fish to fry... food pun intended :P[/quote']

:-) good night!

you and your coons..

I hope you didn't realize it, but "coon" is a very racist and hateful word. I'm just letting you know so you think twice about using it. It's just as bad as the N word.

Edit: I see others have told you.

I knew Dr Garica was of good character .. Good for him for stepping up to the plate and doing what's ethically correct.

I knew Dr Garica was of good character .. Good for him for stepping up to the plate and doing what's ethically correct.

Agreed, I'm not surprised. While I feel for dr. Luna, I believe he is smart enough to know that this would catch up to him eventually. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him to really think about his actions. And for those going to dr. Garcia in the future your experience will be amazing, the other dr who assists Garcia is dr. Velazco, who I think should be receiving more praise on this board than she gets :) she was the one who i interacted with the most during my surgery and couldn't have asked for a more understanding dr. She had the bypass (done by dr. Garcia) and really understands patients

Agreed' date=' I'm not surprised. While I feel for dr. Luna, I believe he is smart enough to know that this would catch up to him eventually. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him to really think about his actions. And for those going to dr. Garcia in the future your experience will be amazing, the other dr who assists Garcia is dr. Velazco, who I think should be receiving more praise on this board than she gets :) she was the one who i interacted with the most during my surgery and couldn't have asked for a more understanding dr. She had the bypass (done by dr. Garcia) and really understands patients[/quote']

I have to 2nd fletcherette on this for sure. While I was kind of in the eye of this storm, and aware of some disturbing details about Dr. Luna that weren't ever even mentioned (to avoid an even angrier mob), I have not lost confidence in Dr. Garcia OR his team (minus Luna now) one bit!!! And now that Dr. Garcia has looked into things and made the only ethical decision he could, I am more than happy to re-add my full recommendation as one of his happiest patients!!

My problem was only with Dr. Luna's actions and even those, had nothing to do with the medical care that I, or anyone I traveled with, received from him. He was medically a good doctor and I had a flawless recovery that he oversaw. I had minimal to no pain (never once needed narcotics though I was told they could be available if my pain was unbearable), no infection in any incisions and my follow up instructions were made very clear, yet I was still provided multiple numbers to contact him if I had questions. By all accounts he was a wonderful doctor medically, which is the most important thing in a surgical setting and the reason he was part of Garcia's team to begin with! It was his lack of professionalism in a few different regards, and the idea that he was cruising this forum, getting to know patients before they arrived and in at least this one instance, using it to prey on an obviously insecure and pretty woman that bothered me.

But again, none of that is related to his medical ability, which is why he was hired as part of this great team. And his termination isn't about a lack of ability, but a lack of personal professionalism.

Anyone considering or having booked surgery with Dr. Garcia and his team should rest easy knowing they've made a wonderful decision and they will be in amazingly capable medical hands, and now, all very professional ones as well! I had contact with multiple doctors in his team and I would gladly return to any of those remaining doctors!!! As of today, down 55lbs and couldn't be happier!!

For anyone interested dr. Garcia posted a response to the dr. Luna question on his Facebook. It is out there in public for anyone willing to seek it out.

For anyone interested dr. Garcia posted a response to the dr. Luna question on his Facebook. It is out there in public for anyone willing to seek it out.

I'd be interested in seeing his response. I can't seem to find it?

~Kat

I don't want this to come across as I wasn't a willing participant - just feel like I was emotionally preyed upon and wanted to warn other woman to be smarter then me ..

We are honey, we are. You need to simmer down a tad and take a little time to grow up.

I'd be interested in seeing his response. I can't seem to find it?

~Kat

It's in a comment on a post. It's not a post he made, but one he responded to.

The only thing with his answer that was odd to me is that he said the doctors will only go to the hotel to check on patients with a chaperone and said "the way it has ALWAYS been done." I was visited by Dr. Luna alone in my room. Obviously it was fine, but did everyone else have a chaperone with the doctor that visited them for Garcia (Luna or otherwise)? Not really a big issue, just curious :)

Blindsided - I'm sorry if you were taken advantage of' date=' but I agree with the other members in that you should not be afraid to name names, especially since you say you posted it as a warning to other, vulnerable young women. You aren't really helping until you say who these Doctors are that are taking advantage.[/quote']

I'm guessing you may not have read the whole topic? The doctor was named and the company has since stopped using him after they conducted their own investigation. It was Dr. Luna with Ready 4 a Change.

From a comment on his page asking if it was true that Dr. Luna will no longer be part of his team: "Hello Jennifer, it is true. Dr. Luna has been suspended from my team due to the terrible situation that we have been having. Even though the patient that made this terrible scandal has retracted from what she posted the harm has been done to Dr. Luna and to ALL my team. I decided to have Dr. Luna on suspension although he is still to be calling patients and answering any questions or problems from previous patients. He will be working only answering questions over the phone. As far as visiting the patients to the hotel we have Dra. Velasco who will be going always with a Chaperon as it has been done that way ALWAYS!! From now on only female doctors will visit my patients at the hotel. My number one priority is my patients, that's why I made the decision to have my patients feel secure. I hope my patients understand that I've always made sure that I have the best to offer for their safety and for my teams reputation , that's why we are deeply concerned and sad for what has happened. My intention has always been to help people, and that is what I'll keep doing. Thank you for your concern and as you know, I'm always here to answer any questions. Dr. Fernando Garcia Govea."

He makes it clear that Dr. Luna is just suspended, not terminated. This is likely what would have happened in the US, probably with an additional reprimand on the physician's license that shows up whenever someone searches him on the medical board website. However, what I don't like is that there is significant patient blame here ("the patient that made this terrible scandal"). Either Dr. Luna IS to blame (he acted unethically) in which case the suspension is appropriate or he isn't (it's the patient's fault for lying) in which case why would he be suspended? So I think there's still some shadiness going on :(

Edited since someone posted it right as I was posting it.