Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware! woman traveling to TJ

Well, I am going to leave this discussion. It is no longer helpful or constructive.

I wish the OP well.

FB has less drama WLS chat groups.he came to my room too..he is a natural flirt my husband was in the room with us and he gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek...you gave him the green light and owned up to it...reality check...no fairy tale story...if you are not of our culture you will never understand...still sounds like a women scorned looking to blast him...

Well, as one of the ones that was there, I can say that there was never a thought that this had happened before. Also, despite feeling it was inappropriate, I was also fooled into believing he cared for my friend and this risk was a one time thing. And like some have said, sometimes people do meet under less than ideal circumstances. HOWEVER, based on the way things have happened and the information that's come to light since, I obviously deeply regret the way I not only didn't discourage but even at times encouraged the OP's feelings.

But things have changed drastically.

After the company was made aware of the posts, Dr. Luna was informed as well. The OP has since sent a retraction of her posted story to the company involved. She has her own reasons for retracting, and it is her decision. I care about her, but do not understand her choices. The company is standing behind their employee based on the retraction. And because it was her decision to issue a retraction to them, those of us that backed her up are left in an awkward situation as her retraction obviously then turns us into "liars."

Obviously things got out of hand, and blown up into a very large issue, but I do not feel comfortable with the way things have played out. I have pulled my review of my experience and hope that what has been said by everyone already will serve as a warning to future patients.

I am upset by what has happened, upset that based on that retraction I am being made to look dishonest for backing up a close friend, and very upset about my friendship with the OP. I hope this whole thing finds a resolution, but none of this sits right with me.

You and others keep saying" the company"... may I ask... who the company is? Thanks

This is all hearsay. Since there was no evidence provided and the OP choose to retract her claims those that are considering Dr. Garcia should not not hold this story against him. He is not responsible for what his staff do off the clock anyway. This post could be consider slander. Lawsuits could be filed. Whether its true or not doesn't matter since the accuser choose to back track. Unless your willing to see your accusations to the end think of possible consequences. Too bad that a good surgeon will mostly likely loose business over this.

This is beyond sad, as overweight women (I've experienced this and have seen it with many others) we cling on to anyone that shows us any type of attention because attention for us is rare. In countries like New Zealand, Australia and the US overweight women aren't considered attractive where as in places like the Caribbean and Latin American overweight women are admired.

I can see how being shown all this attention would cloud someone's judgement if they aren't use to getting that type of attention before.

When your self-esteem is low, it's easy to give up the booty to the first "I love you" that you hear.

As someone that lived in different parts of the world, I've seen over and over again where local men who "hype" foreign women up just to get some booty knowing that in a week or two they'll never have to see that female ever again.

I feel really bad for the OP, for all we know she and her family could be in serious danger. She's dealing with people who obviously have money and power in a foreign country and would do anything to protect their reputation. They have all her information and I can bet my life she knows nothing about this doctor other than his name and what his sex is like....This is some serious ****.

No one in their right mind would do anything like this. There's a reason to her madness I'm sure. I think she needs to just stay off the net for a while and change her name and protect her womanhood a lil better next time.

Wow. Sounds like someone skipped a lot of class the semester he enrolled in the ethics course. He can't be that good a doctor if he can't stick to the Hippocratic oath to "do no harm." OP is obviously traumatized. I get that she takes responsibility for consenting and understand her feeling fooled in the end. But I really can't get my mind around what could have been said to her to make her back off so fast from her original intent to protect future vulnerable patients from falling for this unethical behavior that no one should expect from a doctor. I'm sorry, but flirting has no place in the doctor-patient relationship, never mind a full on sexual relationship. He should know better. Good luck to you in the future, OP.

I really find this so sad that this young girl is now retracting what she said because she feels some sort of guilt over coming out and telling what happened. It is obvious that the story is true and like many victims of sexual harassment she is being made to feel like it is her fault. I really feel for the OP, I understand that she is an adult and she was not forced into this but this was a complete abuse of power on the doctors part, taking advantage of someone's vulnerability. This guy is pathetic and will not stop what he is doing because what was said has now been retracted. I really hope that his behavior does not escalate into something worse.

I've read every post of this thread..this "novella" is a shame on all fronts. This thread is a serious turn off. This is the first and only forum I have joined hoping to find information support and even some fun. Unfortunately there are a handful of drama queens, attention seekers, and control freaks that are all over this site 24/7 pontificating their absolute judgements. It's disgusting..disheartening and negative. Unsubscribing. Good luck to those who have helped me immensely. I will be looking to other sites for support.

Perhaps she was paid off. People are often in it for that, right? Just throwing it out there.

Perhaps she was paid off. People are often in it for that' date=' right? Just throwing it out there.[/quote']

True! Full refund on the surgery lol

So' date=' I assume I didn't misunderstand?[/quote']

Lol no, I don't think you did. I'm sure I didn't.

It was rather a serious matter. Not everything can be hearts and flowers. No normal person likes a fight but at times, fight we must.

To me, this is normally a light-hearted forum. Lots of love goes out here. Sometimes support can be messy. Don't you guys have family?

This was a disaster.

I will stay. I've been in battles before when all the wimps cleared out from behind me. Not a good feeling.

Really???? i had Almanza and he is a fine looking specimen. He never came to my room! I wouldn't have minded at all.

Ladies and you know who you are This thread has gone past any kind of usefulness. Let the (insert any word you like here) have it.