Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Mexican/Latin sleevers? -LIQUID DIET PREOP- Surgery year 2013

Hello there!!!

Today is my fist day of liquid pre-op diet, I have read and seen so many videos of people struggling through the first days of liquid diet............... "NOW" I get it! hahahhhaha

My surgery day is July 4th 2013.

I'm almost done with day 1!!!

My menu so far has been:

Breakfast: vanilla Isopure with Water, 4 oz grape juice mixed with 2 cups water.

Middle morning: sugar free Jello

Lunch: 1 cup chicken broth, 4oz cranberry juice mixed with 2 cups water.

Middle afternoon: sugar free jello

Dinner: planning to have 1 cup of Isopure Zero Carb clear Protein and 1 cup of tea.

I guess the rest of my days will be similar, any ideas???

Hola Ladybug. Im on a liquid diet also and yes it suxs!!! lol but its for our own good, I cooked pernil with arroz and frijoles and tostones and yuca and ceviche and couldnt have any of it!!! My surgery is July 3rd. I dont have any suggestions because it seems im drinking the same stuff you are. Good luck and wishing you the best on your up coming surgery ;)

Hi Ladies,

I haven't started my liquid diet yet.. will on 7/03rd.. I'm scheduled for surgery on 7/11th.

But pretty much what you are having is what I will be having. Oh my DR did add SF popsicles No more then 3 a day.

How are the Isopure?

Am on Celebrate ENS + Protein shake (Vanilla Cake Batter). It Good but the price for every 2 weeks is not so good. LOL

Diva, How do you do it. I haven't cooked since i started my pre op diet on 6/18th. Its so tempting. My hubby is becoming a great cook.

Hi Ladies' date='

Diva, How do you do it. I haven't cooked since i started my pre op diet on 6/18th. Its so tempting. My hubby is becoming a great cook. [/quote']

Ive been doing great actually until today I wanted to check the pernil and with out thinking put a little piece in my mouth then remembered the liquid diet and ran to the trash and spit it out!!!!!! I brushed my teeth and gargled for like 10 minutes. Now I post every where in my kitchen "remember liquid diet Tonta!!!! Lol

Thats great your husband cooks mine comes home very late. Well best of luck and keep doing great with your diet

Today I cooked tostadas de ensalada de pollo y sopa de fideo to my husband... I really didn't felt anything for it.

At this time of the day (8pm) I'm feeling very sleepy and I usually go to bed around 11:30pm.

I'm newbie on this site, I hope to keep in touch with all of you.

PhoenixTheDiva so you're going under surgery one day before me!!! Congratulations! Hang in there! Good luck to you too.

Lizcalle GNC products in Mexico are very expensive, for example Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla powder $1,300 pesos, aprox. $100dlls. Last week I payed for a bottle of

Nature's Best® Isopure Zero Carb (Clear Liquid) $90 pesos, aprox. $7dlls Congrats to you too!!!! I'm so excited to start this journey!

Today I cooked tostadas de ensalada de pollo y sopa de fideo to my husband... I really didn't felt anything for it.

At this time of the day (8pm) I'm feeling very sleepy and I usually go to bed around 11:30pm.

I'm newbie on this site' date=' I hope to keep in touch with all of you.

PhoenixTheDiva so you're going under surgery one day before me!!! Congratulations! Hang in there! Good luck to you too.

Lizcalle GNC products in Mexico are very expensive, for example Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla powder 1,300 pesos, aprox. 100dlls. Last week I payed for a bottle of

Nature's Best® Isopure Zero Carb (Clear Liquid) 90 pesos, aprox. 7dlls Congrats to you too!!!! I'm so excited to start this journey!

Omgosh that sounds delicioso. So happy you decided to make this journey. I will see you on the losers bench. Definitely keep in touch.

Hi phoenixthediva and ladybug.. your dinners sounded delish.. i had protien shake n hubby decided to eat at his moms.. hehehe. I hope that you both also keep in touch on how your journey is going. Am not to behind. Best of luck!!

Ive been doing great actually until today I wanted to check the pernil and with out thinking put a little piece in my mouth then remembered the liquid diet and ran to the trash and spit it out!!!!!! I brushed my teeth and gargled for like 10 minutes. Now I post every where in my kitchen "remember liquid diet Tonta!!!! Lol

Thats great your husband cooks mine comes home very late. Well best of luck and keep doing great with your diet

Wow... I would have done same... keep up the good work.

Good luck ladies! Remember what tastes yummy and get a few of those tucked away for when you come home after the surgery. :0)

Hi Ladies,

I just had surgery on Monday, June 24, 2013. I'm a conversion from plication with lapband to sleeve. My surgery was fairly extensive but since I've had surgery twice before, I pretty much knew what to expect from recovery. Right now I'm trying to get in as much Protein and liquid as my new tiny tummy will allow. Over the course of the day I usually drink warm tea in the a.m. as that is pretty easy to get down. Then Isopure Clear mixed with Crystal Light. Next, I'll have a Protein Shake probably Bariatric Advantage or Syntrax Nectar. I try to drink Water too. Then I'll have about 1/4 c. of chicken broth, maybe a SF Jello or popsicle. I can only drink about 1/4 c. over about 30 minutes or so. It's very slow going and I've averaging only about 300 calories per day. I've lost quite a bit of weight so I'm sure when I do add more solid Proteins, I'll stall a bit. I'm very happy that my surgery is done and I'm finally on the losers bench! Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi Ladies' date='

I just had surgery on Monday, June 24, 2013. I'm a conversion from plication with lapband to sleeve. My surgery was fairly extensive but since I've had surgery twice before, I pretty much knew what to expect from recovery. Right now I'm trying to get in as much Protein and liquid as my new tiny tummy will allow. Over the course of the day I usually drink warm tea in the a.m. as that is pretty easy to get down. Then Isopure Clear mixed with Crystal Light. Next, I'll have a Protein shake probably Bariatric Advantage or Syntrax nectar. I try to drink Water too. Then I'll have about 1/4 c. of chicken broth, maybe a SF Jello or popsicle. I can only drink about 1/4 c. over about 30 minutes or so. It's very slow going and I've averaging only about 300 calories per day. I've lost quite a bit of weight so I'm sure when I do add more solid Proteins, I'll stall a bit. I'm very happy that my surgery is done and I'm finally on the losers bench! Good luck to everyone! :)[/quote']

Hi genepha,

I also am going from lapband to sleeve. I suffered for 2 yrs of throwing up everything I ate even drinking sometimes. A friend gave me her Syntrax Nectar... omg I love it. It so different from just protien. My Dr also told me that my surgery was going to be about 6 hrs or so long. Nervous. .. am glad to know your doing well after surgery. Keep in touch with us about your journey. :)

Hi genepha,

I also am going from lapband to sleeve. I suffered for 2 yrs of throwing up everything I ate even drinking sometimes. A friend gave me her Syntrax nectar... omg I love it. It so different from just protien. My Dr also told me that my surgery was going to be about 6 hrs or so long. Nervous. .. am glad to know your doing well after surgery. Keep in touch with us about your journey. :)

Hi Liz,

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to finally be done with the band after 12 looong years!! I felt so defeated after I had my band replaced in 2011 and I still wasn't losing much weight. After my sleeve surgery and my surgeons discovered so many problems, I finally felt vindicated. My prior surgeon lectured me on using my band but of course, I know now it wasn't working properly - Grrr! My only regret is that I didn't do the sleeve in 2011. Oh well, I wouldn't be as grateful for the sleeve as I am now! :)

Good luck to you on your journey. I'm sure everything will be wonderful. The recovery is a bit rough but at least you know what to expect since you're experienced! Take it easy the first few days and sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk!

Take care,

Jenn

Dear penguin13 and genepha

Nice to meet you! :) And thanks for replying to my post.

I'm glad to hear that both of you are doing just great! Keep up the good work!

I am so excited!!!! 4 more days to go and I'll be on the losers bench!

I have a question....

I do not fear anesthesia nor pain or scars....

I'm terrified about the drain, how bad is it?

Great idea Cheer Mama

Is anyone drinking gatorade or Powerade during these days? :rolleyes: