Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out need protein help

Four weeks out today. I have been eating soft foods for the last week. Besides cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, what are good Protein foods to eat? I did eat half a chicken thigh one night...and tuna...But I really need a change. What do you eat?

Here's my list... I just started soft foods today, so some of these are new to me:

- SF Jello pudding infused with Protein powder (I make the box per directions and mix in 1 scoop unflavored Protein powder)

- Cottage cheese

- Yoplait 100 cal greek yogurt

- Atkins Protein shakes

- Refried Beans w/ a little melted mexican cheese blend on top

- Egg (fried in a tsp olive oil)

- Peanut Butter (any kind of nut butter...almond is good too)

- Protein Bars that are low carb... many like the Quest Bars (gnc or online)

- Soft cheeses like mozzarella sticks

You can also have fish like tilapia...you don't have to stick with boring tuna ;)

Hummm, may have to see if I have some pudding...didn't think about actually making it and adding Protein Powder to it. Right now I just made a shake of unflavored powder, frozen peach slices and some almond milk. I was told to stay away from the grocery store shakes as they have lots of carbs etc, but I guess Atkins wouldn't. The Beans may be something to think about. I did try some baked cod and took a bite and it was too dry. I made a pbutter banana shake one nite and looked at the calories. pbutter has a lot...I guess I need to find a sugar free version? Thanks for the ideas :)

Hummm' date=' may have to see if I have some pudding...didn't think about actually making it and adding Protein powder to it. Right now I just made a shake of unflavored powder, frozen peach slices and some almond milk. I was told to stay away from the grocery store shakes as they have lots of carbs etc, but I guess Atkins wouldn't. The Beans may be something to think about. I did try some baked cod and took a bite and it was too dry. I made a pbutter banana shake one nite and looked at the calories. pbutter has a lot...I guess I need to find a sugar free version? Thanks for the ideas :)[/quote']

PB2 is a great low calorie option for replacing PB. It's 1/3 the calories. They sell it at health food stores & online.

My coordinator Cindy told me about Premire Protein (chocolate) and it's soo good that I feel like l am cheating. 30 grams of protein in each drink.

PB2 is a great low calorie option for replacing PB. It's 1/3 the calories. They sell it at health food stores & online.

Worth repeating! I am in love with PB2.

~Kat

What is PB2?

What is PB2?

PB2 is basically powdered Peanut Butter. It's dry and can be reconstituted with Water. It's lower fat and calories than Peanut Butter. I add it to stuff to get the flavor without the fat and calories.

I'm on my phone so can't link but if you Google PB2, you can get a better description as well as where you can buy it.

~Kat

Wow. Thank you

My GNC store sells this and a chocolate one! I think I may try it. On the full liquids stage could you at it to a Protein shake or is it considered food?

I would think that it'd be fine in the liquids stage, as long as you are adding it to a Protein Shake. It would be reconstituted in whatever liquid you are using (milk, Water, whatever) and become part of the liquid.< /p>

PB2 is a brand, when you are looking for it. I have that and another brand Just Great Stuff..and there is no difference in taste IMO. I found it locally in a health food store. Fair warning...it's not cheap. I think I spent like $8 for a jar, but it lasts a long time when you use it a tablespoon or two at a time. You can find it at netrition.com and Amazon.com, if you are willing to pay shipping. For me, what I'd have saved in the price of the product would have been spent in shipping so it was a wash.

~Kat

Thanks for the response Kat! I will pick some up. I am on liquids for 3 weeks. Gonna need some variety :)

Thanks for the response Kat! I will pick some up. I am on liquids for 3 weeks. Gonna need some variety :)

I would also suggest some sugar free coffee syrups...some brands are Da Vinci or Torani. Some stores have their own brand, which would be comparable, I'm sure. Just make sure you get the sugar free! I bought some small bottles at World Market...vanilla, caramel, raspberry. They have some flavors you can buy online, too, creme d'menthe, s'mores, etc..I'd love to try the s'mores one. You could also use extracts, like you'd use in baking.

That way, you will have plenty of options to mix it up!

~Kat

If you like coffee and have chocolate Protein powder, you can easily make a cafe mocha with barely any calories! I make a pot of coffee and stick it in the fridge until its cold. I pour 12oz. of it in a glass, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 packs Splenda and splash of milk. Then shake it up really well and then add ice. Delicious!

Some doctors don't allow caffeine early post-op, so just make sure that your food plan allows for caffeine at whatever point post-op you are if you are going to be making coffee based drinks.

~Kat