Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck without muscle tightening

I am booked to have a Tummy Tuck and arm lift on the 23rd of August.

My plastic surgeon felt the muscles in my tummy area and does not think that she will need to do muscle tightening (looks like years of ab workouts may pay off). Which apparently is the most painful part. Has anyone had this done? How was the pain level?

How much does this cost and is it covered by ins?

This is useless because I can't speak from my own experience but... My sister had a Tummy Tuck with major hernia repair, she was in pain for many days and couldn't stand up straight. She wouldn't let anyone get her out of the hospital bed but me! She could be a total wimp though.

It would make sense that skin removal with less muscle repair would be less painful, we use ab muscles for every movement...

I had an umbilical hernia repaired with my sleeve and did not even feel the pain from the sleeve. I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow and I still am pretty sore from the hernia repair. It hit my lower abs like no one's business. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have the muscles tightened!

I had a corset trunkplasty with Tummy Tuck muscle tightening. I've had 2 c sections. The muscle tightening was 10-12 times worse than my c sections. That's real talk.

Thanks all for your responses.

I am preparing for the pain but would be relieved if I could do without the muscle pain...tho in saying that I have been walking around with abdominal muscle pain on and off for months depending on my type of work out :)

Soulwarden, down here in Aus it is covered in part by insurance, my hospital stay and some of the surgeons fee is covered but there is still a largish out of pocket amount.

Aussiegirl you are amazing. I am no where near as successful as you have been in losing half your body weight! Well done you! I am not even thinking about reconstructive surgery yet. I am afraid I will be looking to for advice and experience in this regard. Good luck and stay in touch.

I am booked to have a Tummy Tuck and arm lift on the 23rd of August.

My plastic surgeon felt the muscles in my tummy area and does not think that she will need to do muscle tightening (looks like years of ab workouts may pay off). Which apparently is the most painful part. Has anyone had this done? How was the pain level?

Tummy Tuck with muscle repair is tuff ive done it but its worth it. The pain is manageable with pain meds. I say do it so your results are perfect

Good luck Aussiegirl...you have done fantastic on your weightloss:). Let us follow your plastics journey.