Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saddam's Execution...

...is scheduled for "imminently." There will be some cheering among the less-informed Bushy-ites, who will be glad that we finally got the bastard who caused 9/11.

Morons.

Anybody know where Osama is? Anybody know WHO Osama is?

There are rumors that Osama is dead, kidney failure I believe. Who knows what is true and what is false? There are soooo many lies out there in the media. I for one am glad that Saddam is dead (and I am aware that he did not cause 9/11), he was a horrible man, that tortured an entire nation. Those that were under his rule were dancing in the streets when he was pronounced dead last night. ~Mandy

I would rather have our 3000 soldiers who died fighting in Iraq back alive as well as the uncountable number of Iraqi citizens back alive than knowing that Saddam is dead.

I would rather have our 3000 soldiers who died fighting in Iraq back alive as well as the uncountable number of Iraqi citizens back alive than knowing that Saddam is dead.

Yep. Absolutely.

My sentiments EXACTLY! Hussein did NOT have anything to do with 9/11, it was just our President using vulnerable Americans to agree to attack Iraq. Shame on him! :angry

NO he didn't have anything to do with 9/11 except provide terrorists a country to breed in! He was a very dangerous man, I for one am glad he's dead.

I am a bush supporter, but wouldn't say that he has made 100% the best decisions, and I agree that things are a complete mess right now. I'm sure this is not what he intended. I am glad that he cannot be reelected.

I am open for a change, if us Republicans screwed things up, maybe it's time to give someone else a shot. I think that it is healthy to have a different party as the majority every so often. If one party is in control too long, it's not a good thing.

So this election hopefully will bring pleasant changes and heal our country and our military. We have many friends who have been to the desert more than once, thankfully my husbnad hasn't gone yet, but he is on the list for this year. I am so sorry for the families our our fallen soldiers.

NO he didn't have anything to do with 9/11 except provide terrorists a country to breed in!

Sweetie...I think you are just as cute and sweet as can be, but I have to point out that Afghanistan bred way more terrorists than Iraq ever did. So did Saudi Arabia.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Saddam was letting a whole lot terrorists use Iraq for training. Maybe a few, but most were in Afghanistan (the forgotten war). Saddam was a bad man and deserved what he got, but I hope it's made very, very clear that the Iraqis tried and executed him, not us. And I agree, I'd rather have 3000 dead soldiers and the approximately 20,000 wounded soldiers back here safe and sound and Saddam still terrorizing Iraq. As is, we have dead and woulded and WE are terrorizing Iraq. A sad situation.

Was anyone else like "What? Already???" I thought they said he would be executed within 30 days, and then it seemed like the very next day, they did it. They don't mess around, do they?

An evil man, to be sure, but looking at his picture did nothing but remind me of the US soldiers who won't be coming home and the Iraqi civilians whose lives are also lost or ruined.

And for what? The whole thing is so tragic...

Ahem, Iraq was not the only dictatorship led by a horrible leader that did harm to it's people. There were and are a lot of other countries as well. But nobody goes around executing their leaders. What gives anybody the right to pick and choose? It has been proven without a doubt that he did not "cause" 9-11. As for Osama, are you really telling me with all the satellite technology we have today that we really can't locate him? We seemed to have found Sadaam with minimal problems. If I can google "earth" on my computer and have a live satellite picture of my house with my vehicle in front of it, somebody else must have better technology to be able to see into my house. Sounds weird to me.

Ahem, Iraq was not the only dictatorship led by a horrible leader that did harm to it's people. There were and are a lot of other countries as well. But nobody goes around executing their leaders. What gives anybody the right to pick and choose? It has been proven without a doubt that he did not "cause" 9-11. As for Osama, are you really telling me with all the satellite technology we have today that we really can't locate him? We seemed to have found Sadaam with minimal problems. If I can google "earth" on my computer and have a live satellite picture of my house with my vehicle in front of it, somebody else must have better technology to be able to see into my house. Sounds weird to me.

I agree. I think hugely important (unpopular) political deals have been made under the radar with regard to Osama bin Laden.

Under Hussein's rule, approximately ONE MILLION Iraqis were killed.

His conviction (on only one of the charges against him, by the way), his death sentence, and the carrying out of that sentence were done under Iraqi law and according to their constitution ~ not ours.

He was not convicted of having anything at all to do with 9/11, but with Crimes against Humanity, and I cannot imagine anyone here, regardless of your position for or against our involvement in the War on Terror, who would take issue with that fact. I believe the basic tenets of international law were followed.

Many people were concerned that the US would impose it's sense of Western democracy on Iraq. It didn't. Before now, there might have been a public beheading or something, but the Iraqi style of justice is certainly different than ours. Is there some thought here that the US should have MORE involved in the trial to prevent it?

I for one was pleased that the cruel and horrible chapter of Saddam's rule of Iraq is closed. I hope they continue to move forward, as imperfectly as some feel it is, toward to ultimate goal of a free and independent Iraq.

Blessing to Iraqi citizens who have hope restored to them!