Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Nova- Tell me about it?

Soooo, I'm reading more and more that Dr. Ramos Kelly is using a Hospital Nova more and more over florence Oasis. I am wondering if anyone can give me a review of their "Nova Experience" since it looks like a couple of folks I know have dates coming up may get switched (they're not on the boards). Everything from hospital aesthetics, nurses, equipment, situation for companions, do they have a website?

Thanks!

I would love to hear some personal experiences from NOVA as well since ill be there fit my surgery in August

Does anyone have a contact phone number for reaching Dr. Kelly direct or an email address?

I'm staying in hospital NOVA right now. I was sleeved yesterday with Dr. Ramos Kelly. Rest assured, you picked an amazing surgeon. However, the hospital has some concerned. I'm a daughter of a mom in the Army and the hospital I am used to is on a military base in North Carolina and it probably one of the nicest cleanest hospitals I have ever seen, NOVA isn't like that. It is alright but when I walked in, I did still have surgery here so it's not that bad. The OR is a little questionable but I trust Dr Kelly so I trusted the OR and here I am the day after and feeling better. I did feel awful yesterday though. The nurses are great but the language barrier is an issue so bring a medical cheat sheet for Spanish phrases. But overall I would do it again. I just wish NOVA didn't have so many other people here for general care.

Does anyone have a contact phone number for reaching Dr. Kelly direct or an email address?

TexasPoppy: The office email I always use is info@wlsclinic.com.

Thanks, Momo23. That's about what I expected. I didn't anticipate that Dr. RK would have changed :)

I was directed to a YouTube video too that's a few years old. It doesn't look too bad and there may actually be more for our companions to see/do while we're sleeping in the immediate area of the building. I will resume relaxing about it all. :)

Wlsclinic@outlook.com. That's the email for dr.kelly. Their number is 619-793-4869

I just want to say how amazing Dr Kelly is. He has come to see me everyday and completely been there for my every need. He is such an amazing person and really cares for his patients. Everyone I have talked to who has personally used him agrees, he is an amazing surgeon. I am so happy I picked him! And hospital NOVA is a bit older, but it was clean and that is what matters. But he would not put you in a situation that wasn't completely safe. I just can't thank him enough for treating me so great and being such an amazing person! I feel so much better today and I'm just relieved I made this decision!

Thanks for the update momo23! I really appreciate the feedback on your experience and the hospital. I'll relax now, I promise!

In case this can help anyone else going soon... A friend of mine NOT on the boards just gave me this review via email:

My experience with surgery at Hospital Nova was very good. One of Dr. Kelly’s staff members, Lora, was there to walk me through the paperwork and make sure I understood what I was signing. I was treated with much kindness, my room was cleaned three times a day, the staff was very kind and a few spoke English. The tests performed were done with expertise. The hospital is small, like a community hospital in the states. In fact, at the time I was there it held only 12 patients, with six patients on each of the two patient floors. Each floor was staffed by six nurses/doctors. I understand that one of the nurses, maybe the anesthesiologist, was one of Dr. Kelly’s sons. I received more personally care at Hospital Nova than I have in our local “Big Box” hospitals. I would also like to add that there were very nice restaurants within a one block radius, included a delightful tea shop that my companion enjoyed. I had a good experience there and have no reservations about my care and treatment. Terri, 6/25 gastric sleeve surgery.

I'd follow Dr Kelly anywhere :)