Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Has anyone had the BIG stitch finally popped? I can't wait until mine does. How long is the average wait?

What big stitch are you talking about?

What big stitch are you talking about?

Well, the bigger scan (where the stomach was pulled through) has this dent that's stitched to inside layers and it's supposed to pop on it's own after a certain amount if time...

Well' date=' the bigger scan (where the stomach was pulled through) has this dent that's stitched to inside layers and it's supposed to pop on it's own after a certain amount if time...[/quote']

I have never heard of this. I had my incision above my belly button come open 2wks ago, which is common but never heard anything about the big incision.

Well' date=' the bigger scan (where the stomach was pulled through) has this dent that's stitched to inside layers and it's supposed to pop on it's own after a certain amount if time...[/quote']

Oh so that's why one of my incisions is sort of tucked in.... I asked do about that spot cuz it's hard underneath the surface and she told me that it's because there is a stitch there. But no mention of it "popping". Hope it don't hurt lol. Thanks for the info

I've been wondering why my stomach has a dent there. All the other incisions feel ok but every time I bend over that one incision hurts! Feels like its opening

I've been wondering why my stomach has a dent there. All the other incisions feel ok but every time I bend over that one incision hurts! Feels like its opening

Mine too! All the others are nearly invisible except for that one.

Mine too! All the others are nearly invisible except for that one.

All of my are nearly gone also except for that one...does anyone know if it will hurt when it pops....just want to know what to expect so I won't run out the house to the er for no reason...

I was told the stitch dissolves,not really "pops.."

And u actually feel relief when it happens.

Well yes, the stitch dissolves but when it does that tension there releases so it feels like a pop. It can happen when you stretch or sneeze or if you're sleep you prob won't feel it but you'll know cus that "dent" will be gone and it would feel so much better.

I was told it would happens around 2 after surgery. I'm almost there so I can't wait.

Well yes' date=' the stitch dissolves but when it does that tension there releases so it feels like a pop. It can happen when you stretch or sneeze or if you're sleep you prob won't feel it but you'll know cus that "dent" will be gone and it would feel so much better.

I was told it would happens around 2 after surgery. I'm almost there so I can't wait.[/quote']

Around 2 what weeks? Please say weeks cause Whatever it is I'm feeling there needs to go and soon! It's starting to hurt worse than it did after surgery. I'm a little over 2 weeks out so anytime now.....anytime

Around 2 what weeks? Please say weeks cause Whatever it is I'm feeling there needs to go and soon! It's starting to hurt worse than it did after surgery. I'm a little over 2 weeks out so anytime now.....anytime

Yes, weeks. Lol

I'm 3 was out & still have it

Mine happened about 2 1/2 weeks out. Then I started getting these stabbing pains in that area every time I bent over or twisted wrong, but the sharp pains went away in about 3 days.

My big stitch was actually stapled shut. Had the staples removed after a week, and then the incision split open and became infected. :\ All of my other incisions have had allergic reactions to the skin glue and bandage adhesive. It's not pleasant. :(

My big stitch was actually stapled shut. Had the staples removed after a week' date=' and then the incision split open and became infected. :\ All of my other incisions have had allergic reactions to the skin glue and bandage adhesive. It's not pleasant. :([/quote']

Oh no :-(

Sorry you had to go through that.