Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Okay... who cheated on their pre-op diet the first day?

Lol I did, nt start mine on day 1 it started on day 2! I had a Chinese food funeral on day 1 lol :-/, dont worry it wont make any difference if you start a day late, my surgeon said my liver was perfect :-D

I was sleeved August 27th. Seriously..what a day that was... First, I get there and told that there would be a delay, I was scheduled for 12, cam in at 9 and had my procedure at 5pm. SO then, I come out of surgery and I was told that my blood pressure went up to the 200s and I had to be put in the ICU, I was there for about 4 days on several IV's drips. On top of that, my right hand is swollen due to an IV infiltration. It's not as painful as it was before but it's hard to open and closed my hand due to all the swelling. Right now, I'm home, laying on my bed. I haven't had much pain except for when i'm sit or stand up around the largest incision area. I'm feeling great, still a little groggy due the BP meds but I'm hoping for the best!

Hi all, had my surgery on August 21, 2013, I swear I feel 90% pre surgery. I thought it would be rough, but so far smooth sailing. Except for occasional gas in my gut and throat, and the minor scars on my tummy, I really feel like I didn't have surgery.

I am having a bit of lightheadedness and nausea, took my meds when I woke up but I'm so nauseas that I can't even eat my pudding. Is this happening to anyone else?

I was sleeved Wednesday the 28th. I was wondering when will I have a BM?

I was sleeved on 8/21. After 8 days of no BMs, I called my doc about it and he told me to take some milk or magnesia. He said it would push the waste right out of me. I brought some expecting for it to work over night. It worked in less that 30 mins and I dropped 3 lbs to boot (TMI).

I am having a bit of lightheadedness and nausea' date=' took my meds when I woke up but I'm so nauseas that I can't even eat my pudding. Is this happening to anyone else?[/quote']

I had the same issues. I would recommend you get a quick dissolve anti nausea med from you doc. I am 17days out and still have to take mine every now and then so I can continue to get my liquids in.

I had the same issues. I would recommend you get a quick dissolve anti nausea med from you doc. I am 17days out and still have to take mine every now and then so I can continue to get my liquids in.

Thats what I was given, but after I take it I start to feel crappy. Nausea started last night out of nowhere and went away after about an hr but this morning it's lasted longer and I can't even eat my Breakfast

I was sleeved Wednesday the 28th. I was wondering when will I have a BM?

I was 5 days post op.

I was sleeved August 27th. Seriously..what a day that was... First' date=' I get there and told that there would be a delay, I was scheduled for 12, cam in at 9 and had my procedure at 5pm. SO then, I come out of surgery and I was told that my blood pressure went up to the 200s and I had to be put in the ICU, I was there for about 4 days on several IV's drips. On top of that, my right hand is swollen due to an IV infiltration. It's not as painful as it was before but it's hard to open and closed my hand due to all the swelling. Right now, I'm home, laying on my bed. I haven't had much pain except for when i'm sit or stand up around the largest incision area. I'm feeling great, still a little groggy due the BP meds but I'm hoping for the best![/quote']

I was delayed too. The surgery before mine went from 3 hours to 5 hours. I was scheduled up to 3, with an estimated 2.5 and took 1.5. I also infiltrated, I knew I would. It was a bad stick to start with. Every time I moved my hand it occluded. Glad you are doing better, I had no other issues.

I am having a bit of lightheadedness and nausea' date=' took my meds when I woke up but I'm so nauseas that I can't even eat my pudding. Is this happening to anyone else?[/quote']

I have been taking Zofran twice a day since I got home. Today is my first day without and I've never been nauseous.

I was sleeved on 8/21. After 8 days of no BMs' date=' I called my doc about it and he told me to take some milk or magnesia. He said it would push the waste right out of me. I brought some expecting for it to work over night. It worked in less that 30 mins and I dropped 3 lbs to boot (TMI).[/quote']

That's fantastic. I seem to be having an unfortunate reaction to any Protein liquids so I've had not an issue.

Hey just wanted to update everyone. I am 6 days post op and today is the best I've felt since surgery. I have lost 7 pounds from the day I came home from the hospital (the 28th). I've been taking Gas X and pain meds as needed and no nausea meds. I haven't had any issues getting food down...liquids cause a lot if grumbling and belching but nothing I can't deal with. I ate mashed potatoes for the first time yesterday and I had my first real BM (meaning no medicine to help and it wasn't liquidy sorry if TMI!). Still hoping my weight loss kicks in to hard drive...but until then steady she goes! Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 12 for me. Still only down 10 lbs. It's been going up and down the same few pounds for the past week. Fluid retention maybe?

Still feeling very weak and dizzy every time I stand up. Taking a shower knocks me out for the whole day. Not sure when I'll be able to go back to work.

Day 12 for me. Still only down 10 lbs. It's been going up and down the same few pounds for the past week. Fluid retention maybe?

Still feeling very weak and dizzy every time I stand up. Taking a shower knocks me out for the whole day. Not sure when I'll be able to go back to work.

Thts wht my weight doing to me also up AND down