Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Well' date=' I am 1 week post op, 11 pounds down, 1 pant size down, I am feeling great, holding down my Protein Shakes and liquids and getting excited about the soft food stage. I have my follow up appointment weds the 28th. I am a total of 30 pounds down from my pre op diet and post op. My wife starts he pre op shake diet tomorrow. I hope everyone else from the 19th and all other dates are doing and feeling as great as I am! Life is great right now!!![/quote']

I am 11 days post op 13 lbs down post op and 21 lbs from pre op, I am recovering well, no pain at all and incisions healing and itching lol, I have had a couple of omg i, ve had most of my stomach removed what have I done moments!!sure it will get easier to get my head round when I can start eating more normal textured foods, i, ve gone back to Soups and smoothys because I cant bear the pureed texture, soft mushy and crispy stage in 10 days ,cant wait!! Hope my fellow 19 thers are doing well:-D

I am 4 days post op and having a very hard time getting my liquids in. I have to take small sips and space them out or I get dry heaves. Anyone else having similar issues? I don't want to end up getting dehydrated!

yes I find I have to take small sips to my cramping gets bad. I haven't had and dry heaves yet. don't forget your Protein Shakes and Jello are a part of your Liquids too. so just try to keep drinking as much as you can.

I am 4 days post op and having a very hard time getting my liquids in. I have to take small sips and space them out or I get dry heaves. Anyone else having similar issues? I don't want to end up getting dehydrated!

I am 14 days out and I have had a horrible 2wks. Whenever I ate or took a drink my stomach would cramp. I could drink my Protein Drink cause it was making me sick and I have had the hardest time getting in my fluids. On top of that it has been non stop runs. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he has me starting to get Protein back in now (had been on liquids only the last 3 days). So far today I am doing OK and I am hoping it all stays good. You might want to try an anti nausea med. I have to take one every now and then so I can drink my Water without feeling sick.

Sleeved August 1 down 34 pounds!

I was sleeved August 5th and am afraid to get on the scales because I'm afraid I am not going to have done this well.

I was sleeved August 5th and am afraid to get on the scales because I'm afraid I am not going to have done this well.

No rush to get on the scale. Weigh yourself when your ready! I think you may be pleasantly surprised! Whatever the scales says even if its a pound less is a step in the right direction.

Take your measurements. I bet you have lost inches.

Hey guys! I'm 4 days post op and doing ok. For the most part I am fine...but I get really bad stomach cramps when I eat or drink. But I've found that if I take my pain meds before eating the cramp aren't so bad. I also have not had a bowel movement since the morning of my surgery. I just took some milk of magnesia so hopefully that helps. I haven't had any hunger at all so I have to make myself eat and drink. I can't wait to start feeling normal again!

Hey guys! I'm 4 days post op and doing ok. For the most part I am fine...but I get really bad stomach cramps when I eat or drink. But I've found that if I take my pain meds before eating the cramp aren't so bad. I also have not had a bowel movement since the morning of my surgery. I just took some milk of magnesia so hopefully that helps. I haven't had any hunger at all so I have to make myself eat and drink. I can't wait to start feeling normal again!

Glad to hear you're doing well. It's normal not to have a BM for the first week, apparently, prob bc we have nearly nothing going through. Make sure you're walking enough, the cramps might be some residual gas. Congrats on being sleeved!

I no the feeling

Hey sleeve sis! Glad you're doing ok! I too have not been hungry at all which I'm grateful for. My gas pains are pretty much gone. My abdominal wall on the left side (where they pulled my old stomach out of) is really sore. I actually wish I wasn't having BM's. I've had the runs since Wednesday. :( Its not the most comfortable thing because wiping is quite difficult because I'm so sore. Sorry for the TMI. Good luck! I can't wait to feel normal too!