Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

How's everyone of our new sleevers doing???? Jello jigglers have been my new best friend!!! N broccoli cheese blended to a creamy consistency!!

Yummy!

Hey all, I'm at the hospital waiting for my turn to go into surgery. I have just met the lovely anaesthetist and had a horrible antacid drink. Nervous but can't wait to be on the other side :)

That antacid drink was the worst part, haha!

Best of luck to you!!

OMG SO GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. SEEMS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS food. I KNOW IT WILL GET BETTER BUT I HOPE IT DOES SOON!! I HATE WATCHING TV BECAUSE IT SEEMS THE ONLY THING ON ARE FOOD COMMERCIALS!!

I still haven't stopped. I start Soups tomorrow and I. Cannot. WAIT!! I agave some great recipes from a book called what to eat after weight loss surgery and I have bought everything for chicken and mushroom Soup (puréed) and puréed shrimp bisque. All low fat, low carb, high Protein.

My husband made his AMAZING and spicy tortilla soup recipe tonight and we drank just the broth. Soooo good!

I still haven't stopped. I start Soups tomorrow and I. Cannot. WAIT!! I agave some great recipes from a book called what to eat after weight loss surgery and I have bought everything for chicken and mushroom Soup (puréed) and puréed shrimp bisque. All low fat, low carb, high Protein.< /p>

My husband made his AMAZING and spicy tortilla soup recipe tonight and we drank just the broth. Soooo good!

Oh god! that sounds SO good! I love tortilla soup.

Oh god! that sounds SO good! I love tortilla Soup.< /p>

He does it from the Cook's illustrated recipe out of their Light cookbook. That broth had so much flavor. Best thing I've had in 3 weeks!

Yeah' date=' I avoid food commercials, and make myself finish my Protein Shakes and eat sf Jello and sf popsicles. I feel weak but I have 9 days left till surgery. I'm trying to stay focused, I think I need to try almond milk or silk because the lactose is killing me. Just not sure, never tried any of those before not sure if I should just suck it up and stick with the non fat milk. Sigh![/quote']

have u lost weight

Honestly, I don't own a scale, I pray I'm losing something because it would suck not to, after going through the 2 week liquid pre-op diet, but won't know for sure until I check in on my surgery date.

Hello to my fellow August sleevers!!! I haven't checked in lately. I went to my surgeon's office for my final weigh-in today. I'm down 9LBS on my 2-week pre-op diet.

August 12th sleevers we're next up to bat on Monday! *screams* I go in at 5:30am and surgery is set for 7:30. I'm not too nervous; my faith & support system keeps me strong. My prayers are with all of my sleeve sisters & brothers! ;-)

Good luck to those who are post-op and current/future pre-op dieters. :-)

Hi everyone wanted to let everyone know I had my surgery today around 12:30 Dr. Alvarez done an awesome job I am not having any pain at all have already got up to walk around so I am feeling pretty good. Good luck to everyone who are up next!

Hello to my fellow August sleevers!!! I haven't checked in lately. I went to my surgeon's office for my final weigh-in today. I'm down 9LBS on my 2-week pre-op diet.

August 12th sleevers we're next up to bat on Monday! *screams* I go in at 5:30am and surgery is set for 7:30. I'm not too nervous; my faith & support system keeps me strong. My prayers are with all of my sleeve sisters & brothers! ;-)

Good luck to those who are post-op and current/future pre-op dieters. :-)

Yay!!! I am so excited for u!!! Prayers and thoughts your way!!

Well my conversion surgery was today. Went really well. I feel good. My throats hurts but I am NPO until tomorrow after the leak test. The first few hours were rough but I'm feeling ok :)

Scheduled for lapband to sleeve-8/9. CW-279. Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi everyone wanted to let everyone know I had my surgery today around 12:30 Dr. Alvarez done an awesome job I am not having any pain at all have already got up to walk around so I am feeling pretty good. Good luck to everyone who are up next!

We think he is amazingly skilled. We too had very little pain with him. Congratulations!