Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

all alone :( Arkansas

I went to college in Russellville before I moved to NWA. I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Roller in Fayetteville. Everything is in house there as far as nut and drs. And labs go. Good luck with wherever you go!

Russellville has grown quiet a bit since I left!

Hey! I am pre-op in Arkansas. When are you attending the seminar? Dr. Baker is my surgeon and I would highly recommend him. I have worked in medical financial services for several years, and I will be happy to help you work through the red tape.

Hey! I am pre-op in Arkansas. When are you attending the seminar? Dr. Baker is my surgeon and I would highly recommend him. I have worked in medical financial services for several years' date=' and I will be happy to help you work through the red tape.[/quote']

I went to a seminar in little rock with dr. Paul. Ive been a nervous mess about all the paperwork bc diff peope tell me diff things! i even heard 2 diff requirment lists from insurance ughhh

I live in Arkansas but I'm having my surgery in Mexico. When I started considering the sleeve I called BCBS customer service and asked about the requirements for them to cover the surgery and they reviewed them with me. Federal BCBS raised their BMI requirements this year so I didn't qualify. I did some research and opted for Mexico. I'm scheduled for August 12th! Anyway, I'm on and off here if you want to chat!

I live in Arkansas but I'm having my surgery in Mexico. When I started considering the sleeve I called BCBS customer service and asked about the requirements for them to cover the surgery and they reviewed them with me. Federal BCBS raised their BMI requirements this year so I didn't qualify. I did some research and opted for Mexico. I'm scheduled for August 12th! Anyway' date=' I'm on and off here if you want to chat![/quote']

What Dr. are you going with in Mexico? I know you're excited.

I wish I could just self pay and go to Mexico. :( I just cant afford it. Im praying that my insurance covers. What was your BMI that you didn't qualify if you don't mind me asking?

I wish I could just self pay and go to Mexico. :( I just cant afford it. Im praying that my insurance covers. What was your BMI that you didn't qualify if you don't mind me asking?

36. I can't remember what their requirement was now. I know they require the 6 month supervised diet and psych consult.

I went to a seminar in little rock with dr. Paul. Ive been a nervous mess about all the paperwork bc diff peope tell me diff things! i even heard 2 diff requirment lists from insurance ughhh

Have you contacted the human resources rep at your husband's employer? They usually have a good contact at the insurance company that can provide the requirements. The most important thing is to get the requirements in writing, this will help you tremendously if insurance tries to deny for any reason.

yea mine is hovering between 41 and 39.8. and when I called and asked about requirements, the woman told me they don't NEED the diet. which to me is a bit confusing because I thought it was black and white. I didn't know they could just drop things for certain people. ugh. anyway, im waiting for the surgeons office to get a REAL list so I can start on them.

Have you contacted the human resources rep at your husband's employer? They usually have a good contact at the insurance company that can provide the requirements. The most important thing is to get the requirements in writing, this will help you tremendously if insurance tries to deny for any reason.

I actually haven't called hr. I didn't know they could help! where I stand now my issue is, if I have to do the 6 month diet, ill lose "too much" weight to get approved anyway. so im a little stressed about the whole thing. im taking one step at a time. the surgeons nurses were very sweet and said they would get the list faxed of what I need so I have it in writing. but anyone have any advice as to how to avoid losing enough to lose my chance of surgery, but not enough to be normal sized? ughhhhh lol what a mess

How frustrating!! I'm sure your doc's office is used to working with the different insurance companies and know which hoops to jump through. I wish you the best!

thank you! :)

you are not alone, we are here to support yo

Thank you :)