Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed! Super Slow loser!

Had surgery 1/16/13 SW 200, 169 now. I don't understand why weights not coming off? Used to be a size 20, now 14. Working out 4-5x/week. I started very inspired and hopeful, but now depressed. What is wrong with me? Even with losing inches & using different scales, using MFP no weight loss. Is there anyone else going through this? I need to reach out bec I feel so lost...stopped goin to forum bec I feel worse seeing people lose so fast. Help ;(

Had surgery 1/16/13 SW 200' date=' 169 now. I don't understand why weights not coming off? Used to be a size 20, now 14. Working out 4-5x/week. I started very inspired and hopeful, but now depressed. What is wrong with me? Even with losing inches & using different scales, using MFP no weight loss. Is there anyone else going through this? I need to reach out bec I feel so lost...stopped goin to forum bec I feel worse seeing people lose so fast. Help ;([/quote']

Hi Misty, it sounds like you are doing everything right. Do you have friends on MFP? I have a couple of forum people as friends on there and it helps me cuz they can see my diet and I can see theirs. I was eating too many carbs and I noticed it in comparing my diary compared to my friends. Do you want to be friends on MFP?

If you are losing inches, you are probably replacing fat with muscle which means you won't see too much movement on the scale, but in inches. A size 14 sounds wonderful!!!!!!

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I will be watching to see what advice you get. I didn't expect this to be so frustrating when I am following all the rules.

uh just curious what your diet like?

uh just curious what your diet like?

I use myfitnesspal and eat around 700-900 calories.

What are you doing for workouts? How are your Protein and Water? Sorry this is happening to you!

Misty remember that the healthier you become the slower the process. The important thing is that it's you are still feeling the inches coming off. Also my nut says that sometimes you need to increase your calories to start losing again. Of course, healthy calories. Congrats on your weight loss. Don't give up

Had surgery 1/16/13 SW 200' date=' 169 now. I don't understand why weights not coming off? Used to be a size 20, now 14. Working out 4-5x/week. I started very inspired and hopeful, but now depressed. What is wrong with me? Even with losing inches & using different scales, using MFP no weight loss. Is there anyone else going through this? I need to reach out bec I feel so lost...stopped goin to forum bec I feel worse seeing people lose so fast. Help ;([/quote']

Hello misty. Yes I'm going through the same thing. But WE can't give up. We have come to far. My surgery was on 1/14/13. SW 230. CW 183. I had the lap band revised to sleeve. I'm smaller now then I ever was with the band. I heard that the smaller you are the harder it will be to lose. My nut says I must have at least 60 grams of Protein and no more then 60 grams of carbs. Are you getting all of your fluids in. I'm Kathyj36 on MFP.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Give yourself a break, you are doing great! Don't compare yourself with others. Your starting weight was low so you should expect to lose slower than someone whose starting weight is double yours! You are going in the right direction and you should be proud ????

YES !!!! I was sleeved 3/5 and have been in a 7 week stall. Stopped losing inches 4 weeks ago. I am re evaluating my Protein and calorie intake. Might take a look at MFP. I've lost 40 and would never have been able to do that with out vsg, but seeing others pass me up is very frustrating

I use myfitnesspal and eat around 700-900 calories.

What are your percentages on Protein, carbs, and fat?

I had surgery 4 months ago and only lost 26 pounds, I have had 2 big stalls, and I was eating to many carbs, since I have finally started working out some, weight is starting to come off again. I also had a low bmi and was not a big bad eater, I only ate healthy small portions so I think my metabolism was really screwed up, plus I had tried the hcg diet 2 years ago,who knows what that did, I am grateful for every pound. Mary