Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you Googled Tijuana? Seriously!

I went to Tijuana , no issues

Hi' date=' Susie. ;)

Thinking of taking my daughter to Dr.A sometime this fall. She wants to drive, does not like to fly. I will ask if it is less to meet them in Eagle Pass. Text me sometime! I hope that you are all healed from the car accident now![/quote']

Hey Hun!! How exciting!! I will text u soon, been so busy with work. I promise I haven't forgot about u. Just ask Susan about driving in because they won't have to pay for the shuttle or hotel I'm San Antonio. Hope that helps.

Hi' date=' Susie. ;)

Thinking of taking my daughter to Dr.A sometime this fall. She wants to drive, does not like to fly. I will ask if it is less to meet them in Eagle Pass. Text me sometime! I hope that you are all healed from the car accident now![/quote']

No the price stays the same. We drove into San Antonio and stayed the night so we could sight see. Then we drove to Eagle Pass and stayed the night. It covers 1 night at a hotel in both cities.

Hi there, I just scheduled with Dr. Alvarez for July 19th. I started his pre-op diet a couple of days ago, figuring more is better? Is anyone concerned about not doing all the pre-op things people in the states do? I mean all those nutritional meetings and counseling etc.? I jus wonder if it's harder for people like us who don't go through all those steps first. I mean all I did was fill out a tiny questionnaire and - boom - approved the next day! Also I think I may be going by myself. I haven't heard back from my flacky sisiter who said she'd go with. I'm not afraid to go by myself, but is it ok to not have help?

Hi ill be there July 18th Dr Alvarez I'll stop by and say hi and keep you company, im going by myself as well my wife has to stay with the kids "and watch them" being a responsible parent can suck sometimes.... if you want to email me its jstoverchy@yahoo.com

hi

Have you Googled Tijuana? Seriously!

Wow, why would you say that? :wacko:

Zoftig... I wouldn't be concerned with not doing all the pre-op things that people do in the states. Most of that is for insurance companies to either stall you or find a reason to not approve your surgery. Most of us know how to diet... Hell, we're professional dieters and can probably write books on nutrition, so 6 months of documented dieting just prolongs your surgery. As for the psych stuff.... we've all got "issues"... some of us have "full subscriptions". There is a high percentage of us that have histories of sexual abuse, depression, dysfunctional families, etc. Finding out why we're FAT doesn't solve the problem. We need to change the behaviors. The sleeve is a tool. We still need to do the work. I've been a Psych Nurse for 38 years and have been to therapy myself. As long as your medical problems don't exclude you... the biggest question is are you willing to commit to the lifestyle changes that will be necessary for this life changing procedure to be successful? This isn't something we can start and stop like a "diet" when we lose our motivation or willpower. The consequences of not adhering to the post op guidelines will mean regaining the weight, like all of us have done in the past. For most of us this is a last resort, not a first choice at weight control.

d

Wow, why would you say that? :wacko:

Dr Alvarez is over 1900 miles from Tijuana, and he's 1 mile from the border , so i hope theres not going to be any trouble, And to better my chances ill be buying my drugs in the good ole USA.... BUY USA

Dr Alvarez is over 1900 miles from Tijuana, and he's 1 mile from the border , so i hope theres not going to be any trouble, And to better my chances ill be buying my drugs in the good ole USA.... BUY USA

I think the comment to slam Tijuana is an insensitive one. AND an ignorant one.

Here is the original post that started the bashing of Tijuana... This was NOT written by me!!

"I was thinking about going to Tijuana because when I googled Piedro Nagras the results were scary. Also, how long did you have to stay in the hospital and in the hotel and what were the facilities like? Thank you for any advice!"

It goes both ways, I am going to Piedro Nagras and personally I did google it and found nothing scary at all.I also googled several other areas and found recent things going on and warnings so its kinda one of those things... To each their own... Opinions are like bungholes everybody has one...

PeAcE!

I agree. I think posting things about how scary a certain area is, is inappropriate. It is not helping people who already are nervous about a surgery. All areas are safe for medical travel. If there is a travel alert, then make people aware of that. If not, keep your mouth shut (not directed at you, just anyone who wants to bash Mexico etc).

Dr. Alvarez was a personal choice for me. There are very many people who went to Tijuana without any problems at all. I have read positive reviews on Physicians from all over Mexico, so the pricing differences don't necessarily mean the services lack professionalism or great outcomes. I encourage anyone making the decision to go to Mexico to research the Dr. and facility. I understand that cost is a major concern for most of us when making our choice, but be an educated consumer and know exactly what you're getting for your $$. As a Nurse, I wanted to be in a full service hospital rather then a surgical center because I was going out of the country. Many Surgeons in the US do this procedure as an out - pt. procedure. You go home the same day. There is nothing wrong with that. I just want to make sure I'm being closely monitored as long as possible before I fly home, and in case there are any complications, they can be handled immediately and won't require a trip back to the facility. As far as safety goes.... stay at the facility. Don't wander off into unfamiliar areas, and don't go anywhere alone. If you take a walk, make sure someone knows where you're going and when you'll be back, and ask if it's safe to leave the facility grounds.

I researched the Dr's not the area, I felt Dr Alvarez was the best fit for me, and it's my opinion... He fits what type of surgeon I want and whom I will recommend! I agree that there should be no bashing of the areas, it is immature and uncalled for and I just wanted it to be known that it started with someone talking about PN first. I googled the areas only after this person posted it was scary and I guess they googled the wrong place lol cause I found nothing, except its a quiet little town and that they love taking siestas lol :)