Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which vitamins did you buy? Post op

Did you get chewables Vitamins or liquid vitamins or just the regular Multivitamins?

My surgery is next week and I am not sure what to buy .

I really wanna be prepared for this post op!

I got the celebration chewables, you need 2/ day of the multi and 1/day for Iron. They taste pretty good, if you go to their website you can get a big box of samples to try for $3

I bought my multi/vitamin from Celebrate as well as my B12. My Calcium I bought from an online Vitamin shop. All are chewable, well the b12 dissolves under your tongue. I bought a 3 month supply of the chewable and will reevaluate then if I want more chewables.< /p>

I use 2 childrens Gummy vitamins....2 choc calcium chews, and 2 Fiber gummies. What's nice about these is when you feel like a snack, take your tasty Vitamins :)

I checked ahead of time with my doctor to make sure of when I could take pills. He said just as soon as I was comfortable so I didn't buy any chewables. I started taking capsules when I was still in the hospital and because the Calcium was in tablet form and it was a little larger, the doc suggested waiting two weeks before starting those.

Multi vitamin: Bariatric Advantage capsules from Amazon.com 540 capsules for $40.00. .I like these because they don't have Iron so I can take them at the same time as my calcium pills..The dose is six capsules a day but that is for a gastric bypass patient.. since I am a SLEEVE patient I take only four capsules a day, so it works out to less than $10.00 a month for a very good quality Vitamin. I have been taking this four capsule dose and all Vitamin levels came back perfect.

Calcium: Calcium citrate+D3 miniatures item number 33195 from Puritain's pride (currently out of stock until July). A bottle has 200 tablets with 200mg of calcium citrate and I take 6 tablets a day so a bottle lasts a month. With their buy 1 get 2 free promotion, it works out to less than six dollars a month for calcium citrate.< /p>

Iron: I take Now Iron... which is the ferrochel forumula (chelated iron) I only take it on days when I don't eat beef.

B-12: puritain's pride sublingual b-12... I was taking one pill three times a week but I don't have to take this anymore as my b-12 levels came back super high.

probiotic: I take the probiotic 10 from puritain's pride...

Other: I also take L - carnitine 500 mg four times a day, Salmon oil four times a day, and glucosamine and chondroton three times a day.. these are all horse pills and they slide through my sleeve easily.

If I take any kind of Vitamin on an empty stomach (I am still pre-op) I vomit. I am scared to death about and unsure about what to take after surgery. Suggestions?

I take flintstones. I also take a probiotic Gummy. Worked for me and found both at costco

Are you a member of costco? The Gummy Multivitamins are fantastic. Also, when you're done with the diarrhea stage of the ordeal. Sorry, it happens to 98% of us and move on to the Constipation portion then take 3 S/F Fiber gummy chewables from Costco in the morning and 3 at night. I haven't had a problem since. Recommendation from a longtime sleeve pt.

I was advised by a dietician that gummie Vitamins are not optimal for sleeve patients. One reason is empty caloric value. I tried the Wellesse liquid Multivitamin, Calcium +vitD, B-complex & Iron.< /p>