Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously? Does everyone exercise?

1. Find something you enjoy. It's different for everyone and it may take a while to find your thing.

2. Plan your physical activities and schedule them just like you would any other appointment that you would need to make. Do this at the beginning of the week. Have it on your calendar so that you can see it, and that it becomes important to you, and that you honor it just like any other important thing in your life.

3.. Be open to new physical experiences. Stop thinking with your "fat brain" and give the person who was courageous enough to have this surgery room to grow.

4. Try multiple things. For instance, I hate weight lifting but, I know I need to build muscle so I've found a 20 minute intense regime that I can live with and and be on occasion even fun. I counter that by doing yoga several times a week, in fact almost every day, which has become much more than just exercise to me.

5. The offset: a bad day of eating is ok every once in a while if your activity is fairly consistent.

6. The bottom line is just be active. Do things that require you to move. Walk, run, kayak, Yoga, anything just move.

7. The take away: Increased activity plus using the muscle that you are building will help you burn those calories and meet your goals.

Something I've used to motivate me in the past is listening to audiobooks while I walk/swim/etc. I purchased a waterproofed iPod shuffle from Amazon to listen to books in the pool. I truly hate sports and most exercise, but adding something I enjoy, made it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Don't think of it as exercise.....think of it as actively burning off that disgusting FAT!

The more you're moving, the more FAT will burn off and disappeare.

And what you do burn off, don't replace it!

Don't think of it as exercise.....think of it as actively burning off that disgusting FAT!

The more you're moving, the more FAT will burn off and disappeare.

And what you do burn off, don't replace it!

Well said !!!!!

Does anyone know how many calories to eat after 4 months surgery... I'm not exercising and I think I'm eating too much. Please help

No one can give you a firm number...

Couple reasons ..

Every Nut and Dr have different guidelines

Which surgery did you have?

My NUT basically said she wasn't giving me a number...that if I followed plan, ate the prescribed amount ( 4oz- no more) that it all works out. She basically said calorie counting doesn't come into play until much further down the road.

Me being me, I needed a number. So I averaged out what my meals totaled and shakes, and it was sitting squarely at 800 calories.

Others might disagree, and discuss setting your metabolic needs too low which all makes sense. But at 7 months I'm almost at goal, have not stalled and feel great. Now that I'm getting closer to the brass ring, loss has definitely tapered. We shall see what the next few months bring...

And right around that point I'll be seeing my team for the one year check up.

Wow!!! Congrats Lisa... I did the gastric bypass... I'm barely losing, I'll call my NUT cuz I'm lost for now but thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I'll go back to 800 calories, I think I'm doing more.

Wow!!! Congrats Lisa... I did the gastric bypass... I'm barely losing, I'll call my NUT cuz I'm lost for now but thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I'll go back to 800 calories, I think I'm doing more.

My NUT and surgeon both say to remain at 800 calories until maintenance. I had RNY.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

You don't have to train for a marathon or anything, but you do need to be active everyday. In the summer I walk almost every day and in the winter I try to be active 5 days a week, through step, Pilates and an exercise bike.

Maybe overstepping but...have you had a depression screening lately? I have a very had time moving when I am depressed especially in the dark days of winter.

There have been times that I couldn't make myself stand up to get the TV remote, forget about going to the gym.

Does anyone know how many calories to eat after 4 months surgery... I'm not exercising and I think I'm eating too much. Please helpSent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I get 600-700 calories a day, no more that 25 grams of carbs so mostly from Protein and fat. I did have 800 calories a day while we were on vacation but I was walking at least 5 miles a day and actually lost 3 pounds in 5 days.

There are lots of things, like current weight, age and activity level to consider so consult your NUT or PT to see what's best for you.

I write down everything and that really helps at my WLS follow up appointments.