Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously? Does everyone exercise?

Allrighty then..... :huh:

What?

Maybe I can change that to "I've thought about it too, but it doesn't last long enough to amount to much anyway. "

What?

Maybe I can change that to "I've thought about it too, but it doesn't last long enough to amount to much anyway. "

Girl get some sexy outfits and couple of blindfolds and handcuffs..and sexy time will go A LONG TIME!!!

I really don't enjoy the process of exercise but I love the results.

I hate to exercise but I love to have exercised!

I'm 10 weeks out & almost 50 down & have done "the exercise" for the last 3weeks 3x a week. But I'm freakin tired dude!! I work full time travel for my job & have a mother with Alzheimer's that I care for when I'm not on the road or at work taking clients. (My dad cares for her the rest of the time & he needs as much of a break as I can give him) I really can't imagine fitting this in with any success long term. My last trip to the gym I left worn to the bone & completely bugged I was even there. Trying Zumba next week hopefully it won't piss me off LOL

I'm almost 7 months down, and 120 lbs down. I exercised 1 hour a day, 3 times a week, for 3 weeks about a month ago. Not for me.

I now walk about a mile or 2 a day, on my way to work 5 days a week. Walking isn't too bad, but I suppose exercise is exercise?

Before my gym membership, I would have died to exercise. And even at the gym, my skin is all jiggly and gross...

So to answer your question:

No. I do not exercise and I have still lost. If I can find the article I just read, I will attach a link. It states that either reducing calories or increasing exercise both do the same thing. It's just a preference as to which you would want to do.

I exercise because I enjoy it. I've always been very active especially growing up and played lots of sports, danced, and cheerleading. I've always been active in the gym and I feel at home there. My weight ballooned when I stopped going to the gym and the reason why I stopped is because I was very depressed. Now looking back I realize that I need the gym even more when I'm feeling depressed because it lifts my mood. I keep my workouts short and sweet now, whereas in the past I would do cardio for an hour and then lift weights for a hour. My body seems to be responding better now that I shortened them and I retain less Water.

My friends don't exercise at all and I honestly don't get it because exercise is so enjoyable for me. I did try the personal trainer route for about 6 sessions and didn't like it at all! I don't like being told what to do or being pushed to muscle fatigue. I like doing what I want to do and if that involves walking instead of running one day, then that's what I do. I workout alone and find working out with a partner very distracting because I'm very social and will just talk and BS the whole time. Sorry for rambling. The main reason why I exercise is because it suppresses my appetite and I am less hungry on days when I workout. It controls my appetite and cravings and I figured if I can sit on my butt and watch TV for hours, I can definitely fit in a 20 mins cardio and 20 mins weight lifting session.

I am really struggling with this! I am about 5.5 months post op. The first three months I worked out a lot' date=' hated every second of it, but I did it. Here I am a month and a half later really struggling to continue working out. I didn't for a long time, and this week I did 40 minutes 4 days a week on the arc trainer. I got done today and seriously asked myself if this is something I can see myself doing long term realistically. The answer is no. If I can make myself continue to do it, it will be til I get to goal weight and then I will just rely on nutrition. Since I really don't plan on working out consistently forever, should I just stop now and take the slow weight loss instead of getting to goal by working my rear end off and then stopping? I'm just babbling. Is anyone losing weight without working out?[/quote']

Geocaching.

Playing with the dogs at the dog park.

Softball.

Volleyball.

Disc golf.

Paddle boating.

Hiking.

Bocci.

Tennis.

Bowling

Shel in Kansas<br />Sleeved 5/21/13

I exercise because I enjoy it. I've always been very active especially growing up and played lots of sports' date=' danced, and cheerleading. I've always been active in the gym and I feel at home there. My weight ballooned when I stopped going to the gym and the reason why I stopped is because I was very depressed. Now looking back I realize that I need the gym even more when I'm feeling depressed because it lifts my mood. I keep my workouts short and sweet now, whereas in the past I would do cardio for an hour and then lift weights for a hour. My body seems to be responding better now that I shortened them and I retain less Water.

My friends don't exercise at all and I honestly don't get it because exercise is so enjoyable for me. I did try the personal trainer route for about 6 sessions and didn't like it at all! I don't like being told what to do or being pushed to muscle fatigue. I like doing what I want to do and if that involves walking instead of running one day, then that's what I do. I workout alone and find working out with a partner very distracting because I'm very social and will just talk and BS the whole time. Sorry for rambling. The main reason why I exercise is because it suppresses my appetite and I am less hungry on days when I workout. It controls my appetite and cravings and I figured if I can sit on my butt and watch TV for hours, I can definitely fit in a 20 mins cardio and 20 mins weight lifting session.[/quote']

I. Love. You.

:D

I hate going to the gym but I love:

Martial Arts

Swimming

Yoga

Pilates

Kayaking

Skiing

I love shopping so I make sure I go often (leaving the debit card at home) to get in my steps, too!

I love dancing so I turn up my favorite tunes and dance at home.

Find something you love to do and move your ass!

I will never be a runner, I hate the elliptical, I hate the bike, the stair master, aerobics...

I want to try paddle boarding and I want to teach Water aerobics. There are non traditional exercises out there, just find one!

Your story is exactly why I KNEW I'd have to make lifestyle changes and I have. I have the attention span of a four year old, I did NOT want to lose weight in part due to all of a sudden becoming a "gym rat" - I know ME and I knew I'd get bored, not go and if I'd lost because I was a short time exercise guru, I'd regain. It's worked for me, but I in no way recommend it....you have to make lifestyle changes that you can live with forever. The things I do are just like breathing to me, it's my new normal. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Find something you love to do and move your ass!

This.

Possibly the best exercise advice there could ever be.

Your story is exactly why I KNEW I'd have to make lifestyle changes and I have. I have the attention span of a four year old' date=' I did NOT want to lose weight in part due to all of a sudden becoming a "gym rat" - I know ME and I knew I'd get bored, not go and if I'd lost because I was a short time exercise guru, I'd regain. It's worked for me, but I in no way recommend it....you have to make lifestyle changes that you can live with forever. The things I do are just like breathing to me, it's my new normal. GOOD LUCK!!!!![/quote']

I've seen you say this a few times and I think of you often for some weird reason. Usually when. Working out. I have a.d.d. And my attention span is quite short as well, but I find that exercise is GREAT for that. I love anything I can hyper focus on and most cardio does that for me. (I also like to gk fast) running and biking are my favorites because I can push hard and focus on breathing etc. and because its not slow and boring like weights although I do that too because I don't want to be skinny fat.

I dunno just thought maybe it could become your thing too. It feels great to go out an focus on that. It's my meditation/get away.

I want to be a gym rat..those guys are hot :P

I've seen you say this a few times and I think of you often for some weird reason. Usually when. Working out. I have a.d.d. And my attention span is quite short as well, but I find that exercise is GREAT for that. I love anything I can hyper focus on and most cardio does that for me. (I also like to gk fast) running and biking are my favorites because I can push hard and focus on breathing etc. and because its not slow and boring like weights although I do that too because I don't want to be skinny fat.

I dunno just thought maybe it could become your thing too. It feels great to go out an focus on that. It's my meditation/get away.

Thanks Amytug - I just might give it a try, I know it would be good for me even though I don't want to lose any more weight. Just or the record, I do have a weighted ball that I toss around a few times a week, praying my arms will end up looking like Michelle Obama's look, fat chance!! I literally sprint up our stairs numerous times every day. I park as far out as I can when I am shopping.....so I don't do anything as strenuous as you are doing, but I don't sit around watching TV all day! I really do admire you, keep up the good work!!! Good luck!