Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 3/22 and I'm down 27 lbs post-op with a total loss of 45 lbs. I'm sorta at another stall as well' date=' scale wise but my clothes are also literally starting to fall off so I don't let the numbers distract me. I also measure myself once a month. I'm not due for another week or so to do it but 4 wks after surgery I was down over 10 inches overall. I have also went from a size 24 to a size 18. I went into Lane Bryant a few days ago to try on a military jacket and was convinced that the size 20 would fit. Was so happy to see how huge it was on me. My scars are healing well. One of them was slightly infected but that's because it's the incision that sits directly under my bra line but it's all healed up now. They are still a purple color, though. Going to look into some scar cream.[/quote']

I haven't gone to buy new clothes but have tons bagged up ready to donate to goodwill. I don't know exactly what size I am because I held onto a lot of my clothes after I had gained weight and I am getting back into them now, it's like a whole new wardrobe! I believe I may have stretched out my size 20s and wore them when I was really a size 22 so they are huge and my size 18s can go either way be loose or snug depending on who made them. I haven't done my measurements since I went to the doctor and I don't go back until October so I'm hoping for a happy surprise! Also as for the scale, I think I am still retaining Water, it was something I had problems with before surgery and some days are better than others and I try my hardest to keep drinking as much as possible to help since I can't take my Water pill anymore. As for my scars now that mine are closed I also want to try a scar cream. I know they will fade in time but when I see them they look terrible! I wasn't expecting to feel this way about them but they are ugly and I just want them to fade.

Sleeved 7/23' date=' lost 17 on 2 week preop diet and 32 post op for total of 49. Loss has slowed last 2 weeks. Started c25k this weekend, seems to be helping.[/quote']

Great job! I know you must be feeling so much better!

I don't know which one counts the first or second surgery? So I'll just go with the initial one which was July 15th i'm down 31 lbs and counting maybe 32 tomorrow of i'm lucky :)

I'm sorry but why did you have two surgeries? Did you go from band to sleeve?

I was sleeved on 7/9 lost 12 lbs preop

Date of surgery 233 I am now 203 total of 42 lbs lost. I cant wait to see a number under 200. I believe I could be doing better but with my busy schedule I've not fit in exercise as much as I should. However I follow my food plan MOST days lol not always perfectly' date=' but im happy! Its a journey and I dont want to be so strict that I don't enjoy it. Ive wasted enough of my life worrying and being miserable. I got a second chance and im living now! God bless us all and our new healthier lifestyle![/quote']

I understand about the exercise! When I was off work for three weeks I was able to do it everyday now that I'm back to working I'm so exhausted when I get home! I also have MS and have been going through some crazy pain which further stops me from exercising. I have fallen off my doctors meal plan at times also and I blamed that on being busy so I'm working on that now. I find it hard to get my six meals squeezed in while I work and don't want to just eat what is there. This is what I'm working on now and meal planning. I even tried looking at frozen meals to take to work but decided that I wasn't paying the $ for Adkins meals and all others were o full of carbs. So I have bought some pre made bacon strips, turkey slices, and lettuce to make wraps for this weeks lunches and I will throw in some Protein shakes for my snack, have a snack when I get home, make dinner and have my snack later. This is the first week I'm trying this so wish me luck! I think there isn't anything wrong with being busy it just requires me to plan better! Good luck to you as well! :) this is my second chance and I'm not going to blow it!

I haven't gone to buy new clothes but have tons bagged up ready to donate to goodwill. I don't know exactly what size I am because I held onto a lot of my clothes after I had gained weight and I am getting back into them now, it's like a whole new wardrobe! I believe I may have stretched out my size 20s and wore them when I was really a size 22 so they are huge and my size 18s can go either way be loose or snug depending on who made them. I haven't done my measurements since I went to the doctor and I don't go back until October so I'm hoping for a happy surprise! Also as for the scale, I think I am still retaining Water, it was something I had problems with before surgery and some days are better than others and I try my hardest to keep drinking as much as possible to help since I can't take my water pill anymore. As for my scars now that mine are closed I also want to try a scar cream. I know they will fade in time but when I see them they look terrible! I wasn't expecting to feel this way about them but they are ugly and I just want them to fade.

Good for you!! Luckily I don't have to buy clothes either because I was a size a 18 just about 2 years ago so luckily I'm okay in the clothing dept. And yes, it feels like gaining a new wardrobe. There's so many cute things in there that I forgot about and I'm glad to be back into lol. I've heard Mederma scar cream works pretty well But first I have an appt with my dermatologist next week so I'm going to see if there's anything he recommends. I'll be happy to pass on the info! I know what you mean about the water retention. I personally believe I'm having issues with that too. My stomach always feels super bloated when I wake up and also I think the rapid loss has messed with my hormones big time. I've had my period 3 times since surgery! I have an IUD so I'm not used to this as I hardly ever get a period. Also my skin has gone absolutely haywire and I have an outbreak of PD and that's been gone for about a year now. Oh well, these things are minor in the grand scheme of things. :)

Good for you!! Luckily I don't have to buy clothes either because I was a size a 18 just about 2 years ago so luckily I'm okay in the clothing dept. And yes' date=' it feels like gaining a new wardrobe. There's so many cute things in there that I forgot about and I'm glad to be back into lol. I've heard Mederma scar cream works pretty well But first I have an appt with my dermatologist next week so I'm going to see if there's anything he recommends. I'll be happy to pass on the info! I know what you mean about the Water retention. I personally believe I'm having issues with that too. My stomach always feels super bloated when I wake up and also I think the rapid loss has messed with my hormones big time. I've had my period 3 times since surgery! I have an IUD so I'm not used to this as I hardly ever get a period. Also my skin has gone absolutely haywire and I have an outbreak of PD and that's been gone for about a year now. Oh well, these things are minor in the grand scheme of things. :)[/quote']

I too have clothes from the past I can get into...also i have been workin on my scars by using a mixture of olive, coconut, caster and Vitamin e oils (I like to do natural products.) I also have the same issue withe my period and I have an iud so I wasnt getting them before. My skin has also been acting crazy I normally have like oily or combination skin depending on what time of the year it is.. I recently gave th"oil clense" a try(again I like to try the natural way first its safer and cheaper) it has worked wonders for my skin so far definitely not as oily throughout the day which has led to less to almost no breakout s at all! Google or you tube it, its sounds crazy that someone would clean thier skin with oils but it really works

Usinng oils will also help with tightening some extra skin...so I've read...so far so good! :)

I too have clothes from the past I can get into...also i have been workin on my scars by using a mixture of olive, coconut, caster and Vitamin e oils (I like to do natural products.) I also have the same issue withe my period and I have an iud so I wasnt getting them before. My skin has also been acting crazy I normally have like oily or combination skin depending on what time of the year it is.. I recently gave th"oil clense" a try(again I like to try the natural way first its safer and cheaper) it has worked wonders for my skin so far definitely not as oily throughout the day which has led to less to almost no breakout s at all! Google or you tube it, its sounds crazy that someone would clean thier skin with oils but it really works

I'm big into natural myself but sometimes there is no natural cure for Perioral Dermatitis besides strong prescription gels combined with oral Doxycycline. I had it under control for almost a year until now. I am convinced it's hormonal from this weight loss. My skin is also SUPER oily lately and my pores are so clogged and that's never been an issue for me. :/ I started using Unrefined/Organic Coconut Oil when I first was diagnosed as a moisturizer and I do feel it kept the PD at bay for a long time. I also only use that on my body after I shower. No more lotions. I love that stuff.

What kind of oils?

The oils I frequently use I listed earlier. I also use grapeseed oil and jojoba oil which is great if u have sensitive skin because it is very similar to the oils our body reproduce naturaly. Ive also heard great things about almond oil for skin and stretch marks I may add that to my next concoction. lol.....those are a few suggestions but I encourage you to do your own research everyones skin is different but I dont think u can go wrong with natural oils its the chemicals in all beauty products we buy that im afraid of :)

I too have clothes from the past I can get into...also i have been workin on my scars by using a mixture of olive' date=' coconut, caster and Vitamin e oils (I like to do natural products.) I also have the same issue withe my period and I have an iud so I wasnt getting them before. My skin has also been acting crazy I normally have like oily or combination skin depending on what time of the year it is.. I recently gave th"oil clense" a try(again I like to try the natural way first its safer and cheaper) it has worked wonders for my skin so far definitely not as oily throughout the day which has led to less to almost no breakout s at all! Google or you tube it, its sounds crazy that someone would clean thier skin with oils but it really works[/quote']

O ok im not familiar with your skin condition, ill have to look it up (in the spirit of always learning new things) Im in love with coconut oil also It can b used for soo many things. :)

I'm big into natural myself but sometimes there is no natural cure for Perioral Dermatitis besides strong prescription gels combined with oral Doxycycline. I had it under control for almost a year until now. I am convinced it's hormonal from this weight loss. My skin is also SUPER oily lately and my pores are so clogged and that's never been an issue for me. :/ I started using Unrefined/Organic Coconut Oil when I first was diagnosed as a moisturizer and I do feel it kept the PD at bay for a long time. I also only use that on my body after I shower. No more lotions. I love that stuff.

O ok im not familiar with your skin condition, ill have to look it up (in the spirit of always learning new things). Im in love with coconut oil also It can b used for soo many things. :)

O ok im not familiar with your skin condition, ill have to look it up (in the spirit of always learning new things) Im in love with coconut oil also It can b used for soo many things. :)

When you google images you're definitely going to find the worst case scenarios. Mine isn't half as bad as some! But even if you have a small patch of it, it's terribly itchy, swollen and painful and plain ugly. Definitely unpleasant. I use Coconut oil in a lot of my cooking too. I love it.

I'm sorry but why did you have two surgeries? Did you go from band to sleeve?

I've actually have have 4 surgeries. One to install the band one to fix it cause it prolapsed one to take out the band and replace it with the sleeve and one to fix the sleeve because it flipped/twisted.

I've actually have have 4 surgeries. One to install the band one to fix it cause it prolapsed one to take out the band and replace it with the sleeve and one to fix the sleeve because it flipped/twisted.

How does a sleeve twist if its part of your connected stomache?