Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And Yes this is a support board, that's why I'm here! I have not shared my procedure with many people and I do not have a support system at home. We just do not talk about it. I am here for the fact that this is a support board, I need to rant sometimes, for one its good for a person to get things out in the open and when it comes to my sleeve this board is my "out in the open" place to go!

And Yes this is a support board' date=' that's why I'm here! I have not shared my procedure with many people and I do not have a support system at home. We just do not talk about it. I am here for the fact that this is a support board, I need to rant sometimes, for one its good for a person to get things out in the open and when it comes to my sleeve this board is my "out in the open" place to go![/quote']

I agree. Those here go through a lot of the same experiences. Rant away if need be, cry, laugh. But support your fellow Sleever along the way.

As I am the person who "complained about my NUT getting upset" I am going to weigh in: my NUT got upset because I deviated from the food progression, NOT MY DIET. Some foods are necessary in the beginning for the food progression that are carbs (such as thinned oatmeal - a carb, pureed chili or Beans - also carbs) and to get my Protein and feeling of fullness I skipped purees and went to soft foods to be able to ingest eggs, chicken, etc. and to eat with my family as I am not rich and can't afford separate meals in groceries. In doing so, I also incorporated more carbs in the last two weeks (let's admit it, carbs, like potatoes, are cheaper than proteins) and we had to discuss and revise my eating plan.

My post was about how adamant they were that I skipped purees...not my weight loss or if I was "wasting my sleeve" as has been implied. I felt ok progressing more quickly due to reading posts of other people on here with less strict food progressions than my program so didn't understand their anger.

I am sorry you aren't losing to your liking. I am not losing to THEIR liking but I am still happy to be LOSING! However, my post has nothing to do with your issue and I didn't come here to be judged. Thank you for your "support" but in reality you could have ranted about your lack of weight loss without bringing me into it.

On that note: your body is in starvation mode and sometimes will slow to try and maintain calories. Add a little good fat (like olive oil for cooking) or increase calories by a small amount (50-100) and add in a few more minutes of exercise to conpensate and this may help. All advice from my physician assistant, because my surgeon is so busy with surgeries I haven't seen him since he said I could leave the hospital. Glad to know yours answers email.

I just have to "weigh" in. This is based on no real

knowledge, training or education. (That's my legal disclaimer:)). What I have a problem with is people complaining about "only" losing X amount of weight. We had WLS, not quadruple limb amputations, or a magical procedure. While 100 pounds in 4 months would be awesome, and I have read of a few who have done it, I just don't think it's realistic for most people. If we could just pour off the weight at lightning speed, none of us would be here. Our species would be extinct. A few bad winters in the past and our ancestors would have all promptly starved to death. Our bodies are amazingly and awesomely designed to keep us alive, through feast and famine. For most of us, this is the first famine we are experiencing and our bodies are responding beautifully, and as designed. Some people lose weight at a steady rate. Some drop a good amount rapidly, then "plateau", like stairs. Neither is better or worse. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and GIVE YOUR SELF A BREAK! Our poor bodies have been through a major trauma, but they are still showing up for us, doing their job, day in and day out. Not to mention, we have abused them and treated them like crap for years to get here. They aren't complaining about any of it, or the fact that we cut out a perfectly healthy and non offending organ, while leaving the guilty party intact (nobody wants a lobotomy, I guess). If you lose "only" 15 pounds a month on average, that will still be 180 in a year. We are all successes. Use reason when the scale shows a weight gain. Even if all 7 or 8 hundred calories came from pop rocks and cotton candy, you could not possibly gain 5 pounds of fat. Its not possible. That gain is simply Water retention or your crazy ass digital scale. We get this hyper focus on the scale. Don't do it. It diminishes what you have accomplished. We have all suffered so much being overweight and being judged. Don't do this to yourself when you are finally, finally doing awesome. Use your head and self talk to build yourself up, not to introduce fear of failure and recrimination. Even the "slow losers" seem to be about 30 pounds down by now. We've got this! We didn't gain 100 pounds in 4 months (I don't think), and we aren't going to lose it that quick either (I'm more certain). But, If we keep focused, keep making mostly good choices, and keep moving, we ALL, have to lose weight and have success. Figure out your average weight loss, think about the last time you lost that much in that amount of time, pat yourself on the back and repeat, "I am strong, tough and have taken back control of my life. I will do this, I AM doing this, I will succeed and I will not berate myself or waste precious time with negative self talk!"

And all God's people said, "Amen!"

Sorry so long. This is a Rah! Rah! Post. It's not intended to rant:)

Elaine

I do not believe I was talking about you, I was talking about the Pasta eater who also dabbled in some cake and cheat or slider foods.. I was looking at my emails reading posts and did not realize there are 3 different threads labeled "July 2013 sleevers" again I was not being a "blank blank blank" I was trying to point out that things need to change or a person can gain it all back plus some! I was also ranting a tad because I'm doing everything I'm told to do except I'm exercising more than what my dr said. I am starting to assume my dr is way more strict on what foods he wants his patients to eat! Also he never talked about slow losers, all he talked about to me was how fast I should loose! I guess he's had a high success rate of fast losers! December will be my 5 month mark and he had said I should have 100 or more lbs off by then easily! I guess my dr along with myself have gotten too high of hopes but its not totally 100% me, I was listening to the man who operated on me as well!!

Your Dr should not be putting such ideas into your head. This is not an exact science. Everyone loses differently.

Any doctor that concentrates on "how FAST you'll lose weight!" probably isn't in this profession for the right reasons, and more like the money. That may sound harsh but I would hope any reputable Doc that is truly concerned about their patients will make sure their patients know that this is not a contest and not everybody is going to lose at a quick pace, no matter what they do. Everybody's body is different and will ensure that their NUT staff are giving the same advice to their patients. Since your doc seems to be putting you on a completely carb free diet, I can see where he can say majority of his patients lose quickly. If you don't eat carbs, yes A LOT of people will lose extremely fast but not everybody. It seems on here, though, most of us are being put on well rounded diets with Protein as a priority then quality, good carbs (yes they DO exist and are not the devil lol) following given they've met their protein requirement with each meal. Maybe this specific diet plan he has you on just doesn't respond well with your body and maybe they need to reevaluate your plan. If they refuse to, and you continue to not lose weight, there could be an underlying issue, if not I'd find a different set of NUT's and possibly a different doc.

As a matter of fact, I remember asking my doc what his average patient loses in a year and he wouldn't even go there with me! He said it's not about them, it's about ME and my body and how well I follow plan. That was the best advice he could've given me.

Call me crazy, but I don't even want to be on a really high Protein diet for life. I want to lose weight and be healthy. I don't want to be thin and on dialysis for kidney failure. I plan to get adequate protein, but also eat lots of fresh vegetables, fruits and healthy whole grains. The food pyramid hasn't changed and healthy eating isn't what got me here. I'm off the crap carbs, candy, Cookies, Doritos (love, love). I still plan to get back to salads, Beans, hummus, flax, wheat germ, whole wheat yumminess. I did this first and foremost for health. As a side note, I do hope to be thin for once in my adult life. I think I can have both.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but this makes me want to cry!! I do not cheat' date=' I am not eating over 800 calories a day, I get in all my Protein, I stay as far away from carbs as I can and fat is the devil!! But yet I'm only down now 31 lbs!!! I was down 38 lbs but it went up and now I've stopped loosing completely! I was 333 lbs day of surgery and was told people over 300 lbs loose really fast the first 3-6 months, evidently not me! I have no clue what to do, I can't even eat 3 oz at any meal time! I I have to repeat I never cheat and this is just horrible!

My surgery date was July 13, 2013

As of September 13th it will be two months!!! I should be down 60 lbs by then but it sure doesn't look good!

What's my point of all this your probably asking?? Well it really upsets me severely when I read about people eating slider foods, and high carb foods and complaining about their NUT going crazy! See there's a reason, you must learn to eat differently in order for this to work!! You MUST change your lifestyle and eating habits FOREVER!! If not you will end up like the lady that goes to church with my aunt... All weight gained back plus some!! Yep it can happen, she started gaining it back within a year of her surgery!! PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU EAT!! I mean some people may not care but if not why have the surgery to begin with??

I paid for my surgery completely 100% out of my pocket and I'm certainly not rich, really I couldn't afford it but I needed this for myself and my kids!!!

Anyway now that I've probably made everyone mad on here I guess I will apologize, I rally am only trying to help but yes I had to rant too! I guess what bothers me most is the fact that I was told I'd loose fast bc I needed to loose more and I took it literally! I was hoping to be down 100+ lbs before Christmas this year :( maybe something will turn around for me and I'll suddenly see the major loss I'm waiting for![/quote']

You are correct we need to be careful. As for your weight loss going slow are you getting in your Water? Excercising at all? If so I pray your stall ends for you.

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I have lost a total of 23 lbs post op and my surgery was 7/26 but I have stalled for the last couple weeks and I can't wait to lose more. One thing I have noticed was that even though the scale stopped moving my clothes are getting huge! :) I was also wondering how everyone's incision scars are healing. Mine are still really bright, hard, and slightly tender.

I was sleeved 3/22 and I'm down 27 lbs post-op with a total loss of 45 lbs. I'm sorta at another stall as well, scale wise but my clothes are also literally starting to fall off so I don't let the numbers distract me. I also measure myself once a month. I'm not due for another week or so to do it but 4 wks after surgery I was down over 10 inches overall. I have also went from a size 24 to a size 18. I went into Lane Bryant a few days ago to try on a military jacket and was convinced that the size 20 would fit. Was so happy to see how huge it was on me. My scars are healing well. One of them was slightly infected but that's because it's the incision that sits directly under my bra line but it's all healed up now. They are still a purple color, though. Going to look into some scar cream.

I don't know which one counts the first or second surgery? So I'll just go with the initial one which was July 15th i'm down 31 lbs and counting maybe 32 tomorrow of i'm lucky :)

Sleeved 7/23, lost 17 on 2 week preop diet and 32 post op for total of 49. Loss has slowed last 2 weeks. Started c25k this weekend, seems to be helping.

I was sleeved on 7/9 lost 12 lbs preop

Date of surgery 233 I am now 203 total of 42 lbs lost. I cant wait to see a number under 200. I believe I could be doing better but with my busy schedule I've not fit in exercise as much as I should. However I follow my food plan MOST days lol not always perfectly, but im happy! Its a journey and I dont want to be so strict that I don't enjoy it. Ive wasted enough of my life worrying and being miserable. I got a second chance and im living now! God bless us all and our new healthier lifestyle!