Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I find it so hard to figure out...guess it's just seeing what works

Don't worry you'll get it soon enough. I dont think any of us are pros at this yet. It's still early on and its a big adjustment. I try not to kick myself when I mess up or eat something wrong because we are still learning what works and what doesn't. Just give it time :)

I'm having that issue too. As we speak I'm eating tiny bites of refried Beans and with every swallow, a gas bubble forms. My doc says it's very very normal for the first few months to experience this. It's very annoying.

thanks so much for this reply!

Can you guys tell me how many ounces of food you eat? Im three Weeks out, and im having an issue figuring out how much I can eat at once. Dont know if anyone else can relate to this dilemma. I was separating my portions to half an ounce about...any ideas? Guess I will go back to that small small portion

I am currently eating about one ounce of food every 2 hrs. I don't EVER want to risk stretching my stomach out again so I'll probably eat like this forever. Who knows? But fear keeps me in check. I don't like getting bored with my food either, so I try to eat a variety of things throughout the day. Like 1/4 of a veggie burger, 1 oz of cottage cheese, Protein Shake, 1 oz of sea food (imitation crab, or real crab or scallops, salmon, etc), yogurt, frozen yogurt, chocolate pudding, stuff like that. Little tiny portions that taste good about 5 or 6 times a day. Yummy!

I'm not eating much at all. I can only eat 1-2 oz and often struggle with that. I still have bouts of nausea so smells and thoughts of eating do not appeal to me. I'm starting to worry that this will be all I can take in.

I am currently eating about one ounce of food every 2 hrs. I don't EVER want to risk stretching my stomach out again so I'll probably eat like this forever. Who knows? But fear keeps me in check. I don't like getting bored with my food either' date=' so I try to eat a variety of things throughout the day. Like 1/4 of a veggie burger, 1 oz of cottage cheese, Protein Shake, 1 oz of sea food (imitation crab, or real crab or scallops, salmon, etc), yogurt, frozen yogurt, chocolate pudding, stuff like that. Little tiny portions that taste good about 5 or 6 times a day. Yummy![/quote']

jiggly puff... I was reading ur post and seen where u said "stretched out again" what does that mean and how do you know?

Can you guys tell me how many ounces of food you eat? Im three Weeks out' date=' and im having an issue figuring out how much I can eat at once. Dont know if anyone else can relate to this dilemma. I was separating my portions to half an ounce about...any ideas? Guess I will go back to that small small portion[/quote']

For me it depends on what I am eating I listen to my body. Normally 3-4 oz total. If its Soup 6

jiggly puff... I was reading ur post and seen where u said "stretched out again" what does that mean and how do you know?

I was told after a year or at goal we need to maintain keep to our 4 mini meals and be mindful of portion sizes otherwise yes we can stretch put our pouch and regain. This is for life keep up our new good habits.

I can eat about 5 ounces in a half hour if its yogurt or a Protein Shake. I can eat about 3 ounces if it is "real food" I am still learning how to eat slower. I have always been a fast eater so this has been quite an adjustment. :)

I have noticed that Water is the most difficult to drink. Sometimes it makes me queasy so I struggle to get all of it in.

thanks so much for this reply!

There are times when I eat, in between bite I pat my chest, that allows the air to work it's way up and out. I feel better too.

There are times when I eat' date=' in between bite I pat my chest, that allows the air to work it's way up and out. I feel better too.[/quote']

I do that too! It's like burping a baby. Lol

I still cannot wrap my head around the burping. I went out to eat with a friend for the first time and ordered Soup. I was so afraid I'd up end burping loudly. Sometimes this occurs without me having to even try to burp. It's totally gross!

Well I don't know what's worse because I can't burp almost at all, even when I feel like I need to....I just have these tee-tiny burps.

Please say Yes!!! Can we drink muscle milk Protein Shakes. I drunk this shake with no problem :) first since surgery!!

I would get muscle milk light..I dont like them now that I'm sleeved but they were a good change on the liquid diet before surgery