Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is July 15 and I am looking forward to it

The liquid diet with out the anger reduction is tough

from the unexpected department: i was very angry about having to do the liquid diet. it seemed like one more put down--I am getting the sleeve because of how hard it is to lose weight, so requiring weight loss prior to surgery seems sadistic to me.

HOwever, now that I am on day 5, the anger is totaly gone ( dont know why) and i have adjusted to the diet and actually i think about food less now than before. is this anticipation of the sleeve? seems weird, but at least for the last few days, food seems irrelevant to me.

We shall see if it holds up through sunday.

To avoid Constipation on the liquid high Protein, I've been doing Metamucil in a clear liquid each day. 1 huge scoop. It seems to help. I had diarrhea for a couple days, but once I stRted the Metamucil that stopped. Could be coincidence or maybe the Fiber is absorbing the Water?

Love, love these fun topics we have.

Like poop.

;)

Started my liquid diet today which is exciting but only because I know my surgery is in two weeks!!! That's one of the best feelings EVER!

Started my liquid diet today which is exciting but only because I know my surgery is in two weeks!!! That's one of the best feelings EVER!

I thought I was the only one to be happy about the liquid diet! When I want food I just remind myself of all the people trying to get approved and then I become so happy that my surgery is so soon that I feel strong enough to resist the food!

I thought I was the only one to be happy about the liquid diet! When I want food I just remind myself of all the people trying to get approved and then I become so happy that my surgery is so soon that I feel strong enough to resist the food!

I'm on day 2 of the pre op liquid diet and I have a headache and I feel so nauseous, I hope this passes quickly! I also tried to leave an hour early to get to work, I was so confused as I looked at the clock in the car but that could be just because I'm tired or blonde! lol

OK ! Update..... I was sleeved July the 10th, and came home morning of the 11th. After taking a nap got up and walked on the treadmill for a mile . Focusing on removing the gas in my shoulder, and when I lay down the gas in my chest. At the hospital I was able to tolerate ice chips, Popsicles . The next morning the gave me premiere vanilla shake and sipped on about 3oz. Before it got warm. No nausea... Home started right away with power aide zero with half scoop of injury unflavored. Sipped in 10oz sippy cup. Tried sf Jello tasted plain, blended hu p a pure Protein frosty chocolate milk shake made with unsweetened light vanilla almond milk. Awesome finished it by the end of the day. Kept it frozen till needed more. That night I got a coffee cup/ candle warmer , made up some broccoli cheese Soup with scoop of injury and warmed it hip and kept half on the warmer next to me while watching movies and sipped on it over 1 1/2 hours. I'm tolerating things well I guess, my tastes buds seem the same I guess . This a learning process and and any suggestions would be appreciated.

OK ! Update..... I was sleeved July the 10th' date=' and came home morning of the 11th. After taking a nap got up and walked on the treadmill for a mile . Focusing on removing the gas in my shoulder, and when I lay down the gas in my chest. At the hospital I was able to tolerate ice chips, Popsicles . The next morning the gave me premiere vanilla shake and sipped on about 3oz. Before it got warm. No nausea... Home started right away with power aide zero with half scoop of injury unflavored. Sipped in 10oz sippy cup. Tried sf Jello tasted plain, blended hu p a pure Protein frosty chocolate milk shake made with unsweetened light vanilla almond milk. Awesome finished it by the end of the day. Kept it frozen till needed more. That night I got a coffee cup/ candle warmer , made up some broccoli cheese Soup with scoop of injury and warmed it hip and kept half on the warmer next to me while watching movies and sipped on it over 1 1/2 hours. I'm tolerating things well I guess, my tastes buds seem the same I guess . This a learning process and and any suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote']

Thanks for the ideas. I'm getting sleeved on Friday the 19. Did you take anything (beverage wise) with you to the hospital?

I have been walking around the house as for treadmill hope you are not pushing it. I plan to do more as time goes on still very sore. I have to force myself to drink Isopure Protein Water to get fluids and protein in. As for my diabetes my blood sugars are running higher not helping in the energy department and I am told rainbow coverage. Meaning I take a dose as needed.

july 9th sleever - im 2 days post op now! felt NO nausea at all!! (knock on wood) pain is about a 3, and my cuts are starting to itch, which means they are healing! I couldnt eat anything for first 24 hrs, but i found out my doctor didnt want to do the swallow test, so i was able to go straight to the clear liquids! im on full liquids now for 2 wks, then pureeds for another 2 wks. so far, ive been drinking Water, Protein Shakes, Jello, tea, pudding, will have some potato Soup tonight.

Biggest discomfort - after drinking, it feels like my throat gets blocked and nothing can go down, then it passes and i take another swallow, then the fullness comes again. its an ongoing battle, lol.

good luck to everyone going this month!!!

:o You are allowed to have all that so soon after surgery?

I was sleeved on 7/8 and left the hospital the afternoon of 7/9. Easiest procedure ever. Now I feel silly for being so worried to start with lol. For this week I am only allowed clear liquid ( broth, sf popsicles, sf Jello, clear Liquid Protein such as Isopure, sfvitamin Water, sf Powerade etc. Next week I'll be able to start pureed foods!! Ready for some pears!! I've been walking inside the house because of the recent weather here in NC. Its hard to get in all my fluids and forget about 70 grams of Protein but each day gets a little better. I've lost 20 pounds so far including preop diet and people are already noticing it which feels awesome! !

I cant believe today i flew out to NC where I am getting the surgery on monday. I am treating these two days as a mini vacation, hiking and watersports. getting away from home makes it seem like I am not just waiting for somethign to happen.

I cant believe today i flew out to NC where I am getting the surgery on monday. I am treating these two days as a mini vacation' date=' hiking and watersports. getting away from home makes it seem like I am not just waiting for somethign to happen.[/quote']

Where are you being sleeved?